Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2022)

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2022, 6:38 am

Getting a little excited. Haven't had an airline flight in quite awhile.... like 10 years awhile. About 5 days till our food choices should show up for our MSP-SEA-ANC, the reverse on the way back after 10 days in AK. First time being able to make it up to AK as well. Was supposed to be MSP-PDX so we could see both SEA and PDX, but they dropped the PDX-ANC flight that would have had us flying in during the "sunset" and switched us to leaving and arriving 2-2.5 hours earlier. Hopefully will have plenty of time to check out the lounge in SEA.

I was told back when booking that flight details should say whether the food is snack, full meal, etc in flight details... all 4 flights still show "unavailable". Is that just saying they don't have the choices available yet, or just something that was never changed in the system? Was told that MSP-SEA had been snack with meal on the connector to ANC by one rep in Feb, but another said that would be full meal by now. Guess I should find out here in about 5 or 6 days and can report on that.

Some of the choices that have been posted have looked a d sounded really good, so I am looking forward to it. Thanks all for the pics to tide me over till then.
Old May 21, 2022, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Eleflux
Getting a little excited. Haven't had an airline flight in quite awhile.... like 10 years awhile. About 5 days till our food choices should show up for our MSP-SEA-ANC, the reverse on the way back after 10 days in AK. First time being able to make it up to AK as well. Was supposed to be MSP-PDX so we could see both SEA and PDX, but they dropped the PDX-ANC flight that would have had us flying in during the "sunset" and switched us to leaving and arriving 2-2.5 hours earlier. Hopefully will have plenty of time to check out the lounge in SEA.

I was told back when booking that flight details should say whether the food is snack, full meal, etc in flight details... all 4 flights still show "unavailable". Is that just saying they don't have the choices available yet, or just something that was never changed in the system? Was told that MSP-SEA had been snack with meal on the connector to ANC by one rep in Feb, but another said that would be full meal by now. Guess I should find out here in about 5 or 6 days and can report on that.

Some of the choices that have been posted have looked a d sounded really good, so I am looking forward to it. Thanks all for the pics to tide me over till then.
Make sure you check the app and the website if whatever you check first isn't showing food ordering available during the applicable ordering window.
Old May 21, 2022, 8:05 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k, UA Silver, AC P25k, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Kurt
LAX-KOA next week; choice of these two items, plus fruit and cheese:

Leaning toward the omelet, mostly because I like scrambled eggs vs. baked or poached.
get the bowl......the omlette can be pretty rubbery....
Old May 21, 2022, 11:00 am

Between the “asparagus, tomato, and feta omelet” and the “”breakfast grain bowl with Portuguese sausage”, any recommendations?
Old May 21, 2022, 11:02 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k, UA Silver, AC P25k, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ASA_1
Between the “asparagus, tomato, and feta omelet” and the “”breakfast grain bowl with Portuguese sausage”, any recommendations?
grain bowl all the way.
Old May 21, 2022, 11:24 am

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by ASA_1
Originally Posted by isaacchambers
grain bowl all the way.
I second that - grain bowl!
Old May 25, 2022, 9:38 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
On an upcoming HNL-SAN flight:

Old May 25, 2022, 9:39 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
On an upcoming SAN-HNL flight:

Old May 25, 2022, 9:59 pm

MSP-SEA and SEA-ANC

MSP-SEA 1338 and SEA-ANC 105 in June. Unfortunate that both flights are the same meals, but it is what it is. I don't mind having the same thing twice, so right now I have the chicken twice for me (if anyone can vouch for the risotto being "enough" and recommends it, I may change one of mine to that) and wife has risotto 1st flight and chicken 2nd flight right now. Hoping the choices are different when the return flights come around, have to wait another 10 days till I can see those.

These options showed up today on the app, but still nothing shows on the website.

chrisny2 likes this.
Old May 25, 2022, 10:03 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by Eleflux
MSP-SEA 1338 and SEA-ANC 105 in June. Unfortunate that both flights are the same meals, but it is what it is. I don't mind having the same thing twice, so right now I have the chicken twice for me (if anyone can vouch for the risotto being "enough" and recommends it, I may change one of mine to that) and wife has risotto 1st flight and chicken 2nd flight right now. Hoping the choices are different when the return flights come around, have to wait another 10 days till I can see those.

These options showed up today on the app, but still nothing shows on the website.
Be careful of the chicken. It can be so dry it sucks the moisture out of the air and still be dryer than the Gobi desert...

Last edited by dayone; May 26, 2022 at 6:02 am Reason: Redact quoted images for readability.
Old May 26, 2022, 11:08 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
May 23, 2022
AS845 LAX-KOA
737-900
7:00 a.m.

Against the general consensus I stuck with the omelet, which was very good and not rubbery! Only 7 of 16 seats were occupied so I had row 4 all to myself.

Sparkling wine/mimosa was my drink of choice. Unfortunately there was no additional food offered, neither the snack basket nor nuts. I should have asked but forgot. A nice, relaxing flight.

Fruit was delicious.

A good amount of Beecher's cheese was inside, as promised.

Old May 26, 2022, 11:17 am

May 23, 2022
AS894 KOA-SAN
737-900
3:42 p.m.

This flight was 100% full but the crew provided outstanding service despite a brief delay and some elderly passengers who needed extra attention.

The Pineapple Teriyaki Pork Chops were excellent - not a bit dry and very flavorful. Everything was cooked perfectly. One of the best Alaska meals I've had.

Not as good as Salt & Straw but quite tasty anyway. Mimi red is a good choice.

Snack basket and later, warm nuts came around. Another nice flight.

Old May 26, 2022, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by BOB W
Be careful of the chicken. It can be so dry it sucks the moisture out of the air and still be dryer than the Gobi desert...
Hoping we get the exception to the rule then. I understand the challenges involved, but I spent a decade in food service. It isn't all that difficult to keep chicken moist, even with reheating. We shall see... a proper brine and a decent sauce goes a long way.
Old May 26, 2022, 4:13 pm

May 24, 2022
AS1137 SAN-SEA
737 MAX 9
1:00 p.m.

Chicken Romesco sandwich followed by chocolate-chip cookie (warm nuts and Woodford/soda to start). I enjoyed everything. Prosciutto and melon salad was also offered, although the flight attendant referred to it as chicken and melon. Did not get a chance to see it up close.

Carfield and OnlyTheoretical like this.
Old May 26, 2022, 4:17 pm

Programs: Alaska 75k/One World Emerald
Enjoyed the protein platter and a couple of bloody marys from LAS to SEA this morning. The snack basket was offered with four different options as well. Excellent service overall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.