Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2022)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2022, 10:24 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by pcoll
Finally a change for SEA/ LAX afternoon flight.
We fly in May.

Fruit & Cheese Plate

Complimentary

It’s an all-star cast for our Fruit & Cheese plate. Beecher’s® Flagship cheese, Tillamook® sharp cheddar and brie, Partners® crackers, and finished with a Seattle Chocolate truffle.

Select

Fire Braised Chicken Sandwich

Complimentary

Sliced Fire-Braised Chicken, Creamy Goat Cheese, Red Onions, Tomatoes and Olive Tapenade, served on an Artisan Bread Roll. Served Hot

Select

Tuscan Kale and Blood Orange Salad

Complimentary

Fresh Tuscan Kale and Baby Spinach, Blood Orange & Apple Slices, Dried Cherries, Smoked Almonds, Crumbled Goat Cheese, Fire-Braised Turkey, and a Kiwi Vinaigrette Dressing. Served with Sourdough Flatbread Crackers

just had the fire-braised chicken on AS514 SEA-SNA. wasn’t my favourite sandwich. Goat cheese was pretty over powering. Didn’t have any sauce, just the tapenade, so I thought it was a little dry. But so how they bread still got crumbly.

However everything was forgiven when I got a hot chocolate chip cookie.

chrisl137 and pcoll like this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bellerina
just had the fire-braised chicken on AS514 SEA-SNA. wasn’t my favourite sandwich. Goat cheese was pretty over powering. Didn’t have any sauce, just the tapenade, so I thought it was a little dry. But so how they bread still got crumbly.

However everything was forgiven when I got a hot chocolate chip cookie.
I had the kale and blood orange salad monday night PDX-LAX on the 9pm flight. It was a tossup, but in the past some of the hot sandwiches tended toward greasy so I picked the salad. It was good, and definitely lighter than the sandwiches usually are. They also had chocolate chip cookies on that flight, but I saved it for the next morning.

On the outbound last wednesday there was no cookie at all.

As a slight aside, I got to PDX at around 7:30 in the evening for the 9pm flight and it was the first time I'd seen the Capers Cafe open since I don't know when. They were doing both sit down and deli takeout service, as well as the wine bar.
pcoll and Bellerina like this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 7:54 am

Programs: Alaska 75k/One World Emerald
I didn't snap a photo but had the turkey sausage with egg focaccia sandwich with a side of fruit on a 9:50 am flight from SEA-DEV yesterday. The sandwich was good, although the bread was a bit overwhelming. Snack basket was offered. Overall, it was a nice flight, but I would have really enjoyed a PDB. AA is offering them again and I can see no reason AS hasn't followed suit at this point. There was plenty of time to sip a bloody mary or mimosa before takeoff.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 9:36 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold75, United Mileageplus
Transcon meals: westbound breakfast and eastbound lunch

Couple of meals from last week
AS25 op N288AK
Boston Seattle
7:00-10:20
4/14/22

I was upgraded about a day before departure, so I was able to pre-order

Decided to go with the breakfast bowl as I am not a big fan of sweet potatoes and I had a really tasty bowl out of Boston a couple months ago. It was pretty good - I was very impressed the egg yolk was runny, but the rice instead of potatoes was just weird, and the basil flavor was not strong. Still a good breakfast though

Service on this flight was good though I confess I slept for most of it. I did have some tea as we approached Seattle and was offered a refill at about 40 minutes out 👍

Returning SEA-BOS I was #3 on the waitlist when I checked in and there were only two seats for sale, so I don’t know how I scored an upgrade, but I’m not complaining!

AS1441 op N215AK
SEA-BOS
10:31-18:59 (we ended up delayed about 35 min)
4/24/22

Was upgraded about four hours before the flight, so no opportunity to pre-order, but the choices were described as a “flat iron steak”, “Korean rice bowl”, or “classic fruit and cheese”. I’m very impressed there was still a choice since I was in 4F

Nuts were served first - I’ve mostly done breakfast flights this year so they were a nice treat - and my steak came out around 95 minutes into the flight. Desoite looking absolutely murdered, it was surprisingly flavorful and moist

Salt and Straw salted caramel ice cream was served after the main dish was cleared

I’m really not sure how to feel about the service on the second flight other than to say it was disappointing. Service was slow, and it wasn’t well organized. Drinks were not served until about 50 minutes after takeoff, and meals didn’t begin until they had already collected trash in coach. They also weren’t synchronized - my seat mate received his cheese plate early, it seemed all of the cheese went out, then the rice bowl, then the steak. Later, when the ice cream was served, I asked for a spoon, and was told “there is one in the lid”. Of course, that doesn’t work at all, and the main FA never responded to the call button (I did manage to flag him down and get a real spoon). We were also never offered drink refills, despite empty glasses. The second FA that helps after the main coach service on the other hand was great - she offered refills and came and checked on me when the call button was still on. The first-class flight attendant admitted that he didn’t work F very much, so I feel bad judging two harshly, and having been upgraded it’s still much better than Y, but at the same time I feel that had I paid I’d be pretty disappointed
pcoll likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 9:38 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold75, United Mileageplus
Sadly I don’t think those will come back, since Alaska didn’t offer them pre-pandemic. I’d really like to get hot towels, which AA also has
Old Apr 29, 2022, 10:05 am

Programs: AA PlatPro, AS
Originally Posted by OnlyTheoretical
Look forward to it. Have a nice flight
As promised…

Originally Posted by AS36
Decided to go with the breakfast bowl as I am not a big fan of sweet potatoes and I had a really tasty bowl out of Boston a couple months ago. It was pretty good - I was very impressed the egg yolk was runny, but the rice instead of potatoes was just weird, and the basil flavor was not strong. Still a good breakfast though
I agree… not enough basil for my Italian palate, but overall tasty and very filling. I sampled my husband’s omelet, and while the cheese and spice gave it a lot of flavor, I preferred the lighter option of the bkfast bowl.
AS36 likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AS36
Couple of meals from last week
AS25 op N288AK
Boston Seattle
7:00-10:20
4/14/22

I was upgraded about a day before departure, so I was able to pre-order

Service on this flight was good though I confess I slept for most of it. I did have some tea as we approached Seattle and was offered a refill at about 40 minutes out 👍

Returning SEA-BOS I was #3 on the waitlist when I checked in and there were only two seats for sale, so I don’t know how I scored an upgrade, but I’m not complaining!

AS1441 op N215AK
SEA-BOS
10:31-18:59 (we ended up delayed about 35 min)
4/24/22

Was upgraded about four hours before the flight, so no opportunity to pre-order, but the choices were described as a “flat iron steak”, “Korean rice bowl”, or “classic fruit and cheese”. I’m very impressed there was still a choice since I was in 4F

Nuts were served first - I’ve mostly done breakfast flights this year so they were a nice treat - and my steak came out around 95 minutes into the flight. Desoite looking absolutely murdered, it was surprisingly flavorful and moist

Salt and Straw salted caramel ice cream was served after the main dish was cleared

I’m really not sure how to feel about the service on the second flight other than to say it was disappointing. Service was slow, and it wasn’t well organized. Drinks were not served until about 50 minutes after takeoff, and meals didn’t begin until they had already collected trash in coach. They also weren’t synchronized - my seat mate received his cheese plate early, it seemed all of the cheese went out, then the rice bowl, then the steak. Later, when the ice cream was served, I asked for a spoon, and was told “there is one in the lid”. Of course, that doesn’t work at all, and the main FA never responded to the call button (I did manage to flag him down and get a real spoon). We were also never offered drink refills, despite empty glasses. The second FA that helps after the main coach service on the other hand was great - she offered refills and came and checked on me when the call button was still on. The first-class flight attendant admitted that he didn’t work F very much, so I feel bad judging two harshly, and having been upgraded it’s still much better than Y, but at the same time I feel that had I paid I’d be pretty disappointed
I had similar (horrible) service in F from PVR-PDX last March--worst ever on AS.....makes me wonder if we had the same FA. I wrote about it on Alaska Listens and I suggest you do the same.
AS36 likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
From a couple months of scientific analysis, the hot nut ratio on AA and AS (averaged) appears to be:

94% almonds
5% walnuts
0.75% pistachio crumbs
0.25% cashew fragments
GW McLintock and pcoll like this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
From a couple months of scientific analysis, the hot nut ratio on AA and AS (averaged) appears to be:

94% almonds
5% walnuts
0.75% pistachio crumbs
0.25% cashew fragments
What is the ratio when they are either cold, or barely warm?
Old Apr 29, 2022, 7:25 pm

AS 271 SFO-PDX April 2022

April 2022
AS 271 San Francisco to Portland PDX (10:45am departure)

Lunch
Choice of
Spring Melon & Prosciutto Salad – Fresh Baby Arugula & Spinach, Roasted Almonds, Roasted Cherry Tomatoes, Sliced Cantaloupe Melon, Smoked Chicken Breast, and a Chia Lime Vinaigrette Dressing. Served With Sourdough Flatbread crackers

Or
Protein Plate with Pea & Edamame Hummus – Marinated Artichoke Hearts, Fresh Asparagus, Red Bell Peppers & Grapes, Tillamook Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Brie, and a Cage-Free Hard-Boiled Egg, served with a Mint-Pea-Edamame Hummus and Naan Bread
Or
Fruit & Cheese Plate

I really enjoyed the Spring Melon & Prosciutto salad.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 7:30 pm

AS 2285 SEA-ANC April 2022

April 2022
AS 2285 Seattle to Anchorage (7am departure) Operated by Horizon Air

Choice of
Poblano & Corn Omelet – Poblano Pepper, Corn & Cotija Cheese Omelet made with Cage-Free eggs. Served with a mixture of Roasted sweet potatoes, onions & bell peppers, a Portuguese pork sausage, and topped with a fresh Salsa Verde

Or
Basil Chicken Sausage Breakfast Bowl – Mixture of Jasmine rice, pearled barley & red quinoa, served with sautéed bell peppers & onions, Basil Parmesan Chicken sausage, and a cage-free baked egg. Topped with a basil hollandaise sauce
Or
Fruit & Cheese Plate

Honestly it could use a breakfast pastry or roll!
sltlyamusd and pcoll like this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 7:35 pm

AS 116 ANC-SEA April 2022

April 2022
Alaska Airlines First Class
AS 116 Anchorage to Seattle 3:15pm departure

Beverage with mixed nuts

Dinner
Choice of
Bibimbap Korean Rice Bowl Korean-style rice bowl with sautéed spinach & mushrooms, pickled cucumbers, onions & carrots, and an over easy cage-free fried egg. Topped with a Sweet & Spicy Gochujang sauce.
Or
Smoky Roasted Chicken – Roasted Guajillo Chili Glazed Chicken Breast, served with Cotija-Crusted baby potatoes, sautéed asparagus, bell peppers & shitake mushrooms, and a green chili crema

Or
Fruit & Cheese Plate

Snack Basket

I am not a fan of chicken and will order the BiBimBap next time.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 7:39 pm

AS 436 SEA-LAX April 2022

April 2022
AS 436 Seattle to Los Angeles (9:10am departure)

Choice of
Turkey Sausage & Monterey Jack Breakfast Sandwich
Warm Breakfast Sandwich with Turkey Sausage, Cage-free Eggs, Monterey Jack Cheese, and a Salsa Verde, served on an Herb-Crusted Focaccia Roll

Or
Caramelized Banana Overnight Oats
Overnight Oats with a mixture of Rolled Oats, Flax Seed, Almonds, Caramelized Bananas, Coconut, and Walnuts. Topped with Fresh Pineapples, Mangos, and Toasted Coconut. Served chilled.
[A Kind’s Whole Grain bar is served along with the cold entrée]
Or
Fruit & Cheese Plate
It’s an all-star cast for our Fruit & Cheese plate. Beecher’s Flagship cheese, Tillamook sharp cheddar and brie, Partners crackers, and finished with a Seattle Chocolate truffle.

Snack basket

Beautiful day in SoCal

sltlyamusd and ftv like this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 7:45 pm

AS 6 LAX-DCA April 2022

April 2022
AS 6 Los Angeles to Washington DC Reagan 1pm departure

Airbus A321N

Warmed mixed nuts to start

Lunch
Choice of
Cherry Balsamic Flat Iron Steak – Tender sous-vide flat iron steak with a cherry balsamic demi-glace sauce, served with roasted fingerling potatoes and fava bean & tomato sauté

Or
Bibimbap Korean Rice Bowl Korean-style rice bowl with sautéed spinach & mushrooms, pickled cucumbers, onions & carrots, and an over easy cage-free fried egg. Topped with a Sweet & Spicy Gochujang sauce.
Or
Fruit & Cheese Plate

Accompanied by a Mixed green salad w/Italian balsamic vinaigrette dressing and a multigrain quinoa roll

Salt & Straw’s Sea Salt with Caramel Ribbon ice-cream was served later in flight

Snack basket was offered
Old Apr 29, 2022, 7:57 pm

AS 5 DCA-LAX April 2022

April 2022
AS 5 Washington DC Reagan to Los Angeles

Beverage with Biscoff cookies

Breakfast
Choice of
Poblano & Corn Omelet – Poblano Pepper, Corn & Cotija Cheese Omelet made with Cage-Free eggs. Served with a mixture of Roasted sweet potatoes, onions & bell peppers, a Portuguese pork sausage, and topped with a fresh Salsa Verde
Or
Basil Chicken Sausage Breakfast Bowl – Mixture of Jasmine rice, pearled barley & red quinoa, served with sautéed bell peppers & onions, Basil Parmesan Chicken sausage, and a cage-free baked egg. Topped with a basil hollandaise sauce

Or
Fruit & Cheese Plate
Accompanied by a fruit bowl – apple, grapes, & orange, cinnamon apple multigrain roll & Chobani’s Greek-Style Vanilla Yogurt

Snack basket [not pictured] was offered an hour and half prior to arrival.
I was surprised that no warmed mixed nuts were offered with the final beverage service like before.

The breakfast bowl was surprisingly excellent. That is my new favorite dish in this Alaska’s breakfast lineup.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.