Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2022)

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2022)

Old Feb 16, 22, 11:49 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Date: February 7, 2022
Route: JFK-PDX
Flight #: AS 479 737-900 - 8:05PM Departure
Description: Miso Pork Chop served with roasted butternut squash quinoa pilaf, fresh peas and green beans, topped with a sweet onion and bacon marmalade
Snack Basket Offered: Yes
*No warm nuts offered

Strange service on this flight. No warm nuts. The snack basket was offered by the Y FA before drink orders had even been taken and was not offered later. Plastic trays used (inbound flight came from SFO)

Date: February 12, 2022
Route: SEA-JFK
Flight #: AS 628 A321 - 9:10AM Departure
Description: Everything Bagel Quiche with crisp Irish bacon, sweet apple potato pancake and a lime and cilantro crema. Served with fresh fruit and warm raisin roll.
*No warm bread offered
The last two times I've had this, the
sweet apple potato pancake seems to have been swapped with simply hashed browned potatoes (much to my liking).

Date: February 12, 2022
Route: JFK-PDX
Flight #: AS 479 737-900 - 8:05PM Departure
Description: Miso Pork Chop served with roasted butternut squash quinoa pilaf, fresh peas and green beans, topped with a sweet onion and bacon marmalade

Great service on this flight! I've learned to eat the pork chop before the salad (while it's still warm), and if you get one that is moist, it is very tasty!
Old Feb 16, 22, 1:24 pm

Programs: AS 100K, SK, UR, MR

You are what you eat?

SFO-ORD: Moroccan Chicken
Roasted Moroccan spiced chicken breast, cilantro scented couscous, honey roasted carrots and topped with almonds

ORD-SFO: Herb Roasted Chicken
Herb roasted chicken breast, with grilled asparagus, roasted fingerling potatoes, and marinated cherry tomatoes

Even the FA on either flight mixed them up! Not a problem, I enjoyed both.

Meanwhile at the airport (no ketchup):
Carfield and Intl359Widget like this.
Old Feb 17, 22, 7:32 am

When to order?

First time on Alaska air, we are in first class going from EWR to SFO. When does the pre-oder open? I think I read two weeks but is it at a specific time?
Thank you in advance.
Old Feb 17, 22, 7:41 am

SFO Lounge?

Mid March SFO to EWR. Should we utilize the Alaska Air Lounge (we are in first class) or the Centurion Lounge? Flight is at 11:55am if that makes any difference.
Thank you in advance.
Old Feb 17, 22, 9:24 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by jfga2014 View Post
Mid March SFO to EWR. Should we utilize the Alaska Air Lounge (we are in first class) or the Centurion Lounge? Flight is at 11:55am if that makes any difference.
Thank you in advance.
The Centurion Lounge is in Terminal 3 whereas Alaska is in Terminal 2 so you do have to exit security then take the AirTrain over if you’ve got plenty of time this isn’t an issue at all.

Personally I rate the AMEX Lounges over the AS Lounges but the SFO AS Lounge has nice views of the runways too.
Old Feb 17, 22, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget View Post
The Centurion Lounge is in Terminal 3 whereas Alaska is in Terminal 2 so you do have to exit security then take the AirTrain over if you’ve got plenty of time this isn’t an issue at all.

Personally I rate the AMEX Lounges over the AS Lounges but the SFO AS Lounge has nice views of the runways too.
The airside connector is now open. Also, even if going landside, the air train is a grand waste of time between 2 and 3.
Old Feb 17, 22, 11:22 am

Thank you in advance.
If it matters, Centurion Lounge will still be serving breakfast and slowly transition to lunch while you're there. Its about a 10 minute walk from the Centurion Lounge to the Alaska Lounge.

Personally, if you have the time, why not go to both.
Old Feb 17, 22, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by anhuang19 View Post
If it matters, Centurion Lounge will still be serving breakfast and slowly transition to lunch while you're there. Its about a 10 minute walk from the Centurion Lounge to the Alaska Lounge.

The complimentary bar pour at the AX lounge is far superior to anything AS will serve you, if that is important. The relative peace and tranquility of the AS lounge is far superior to the general tumult (much of the time) in the AX lounge.
Old Feb 17, 22, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by anhuang19 View Post

Interesting idea, will do if we have time.
FlyerDigits likes this.
Old Feb 17, 22, 9:35 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K View Post
The airside connector is now open. Also, even if going landside, the air train is a grand waste of time between 2 and 3.
Ah! I didn’t realize the connector was now open which will be very useful in the future.
Old Feb 18, 22, 6:51 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
SEA/LAX. After 10 am
meal choicesYour choice of:

Fruit & Cheese Plate

Complimentary

It’s an all-star cast for our Fruit & Cheese plate. Beecher’s® Flagship cheese, Tillamook® sharp cheddar and brie, Partners® crackers, and finished with a Seattle Chocolate truffle.

Select

Autumn Squash Ancient Grain Bowl

Complimentary

Toasted ancient grains with citrus marinated Tuscan kale, creamy ricotta, marinated semi dried tomatoes, sautéed zucchini and yellow squash and a fresh tomato vinaigrette

Select

Pho Plate

Complimentary

Sous vide ginger and garlic marinated beef sirloin, Arcadian lettuce mix, Thai marinated vermicelli noodles, fresh tomato and red onion, with a chili lime sambal dressing and Thai basil

Old Feb 18, 22, 6:55 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
First time on Alaska air, we are in first class going from EWR to SFO. When does the pre-oder open? I think I read two weeks but is it at a specific time?
Thank you in advance.
2 weeks to 20 hours before flight.
Click on Pre Order Food. It should populate if it is within two weeks.
FlyerDigits likes this.
Old Feb 18, 22, 10:36 pm

Programs: Alyeska Choice Pass, AS MVP Gold 100K, Hyatt Globalist
Thank you in advance.
Heads up that sometimes you can place your order on the website but not on the app and vice versa.

Also your terminal experiences in EWR and SFO will be polar opposites. SFO is my favorite Alaska lounge location, brand new, relaxing. EWR, see the separate "hell" thread:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/2065213-hell-newark-terminal-security.html

Edited to add the thread link.
Old Feb 18, 22, 10:47 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Data Point

Originally Posted by pcoll View Post
2 weeks to 20 hours before flight.
Click on Pre Order Food. It should populate if it is within two weeks.
Surprisingly, my DFW-SEA flight last week was upgraded at T-12. The pre-order was still available. I made a selection which stuck. The FA c onfirmed my order on the flight. My subsequent SEA-PHX flight upgraded a few hours past the T-20 cutoff with the same result.

James
pcoll likes this.
Old Feb 18, 22, 10:54 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun View Post
Surprisingly, my DFW-SEA flight last week was upgraded at T-12. The pre-order was still available. I made a selection which stuck. The FA c onfirmed my order on the flight. My subsequent SEA-PHX flight upgraded a few hours past the T-20 cutoff with the same result.
That's been the case for at least a few months.

Search this Thread