Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2022 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2022, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
If I am on an X (saver) fare, is there any way to rebook if the fare goes down? With the current 30% off promo the same flights price out less.

-J.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 5:29 pm

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
Originally Posted by FlyerDigits
I don't know if this will help but it's worth a shot. If I remember correctly you can go in to your reservation to modify or cancel a reservation. I am pretty sure (edit to add: if you select modify) it lets you select which specific flight(s) you want to keep/cancel/change. Then I think it will give you refund amounts/options before you hit the button to finalize the change.

Reading through the Alaska flight cancel threads it seems like the transcon flights are getting cancelled the most right now (to include to/from Seattle). Just be on the lookout to see if your return leg is impacted in the next few days.
so friendly update. I got a chat reply (I sent a few). They agreed to refund via “exchange” my outbound leg and keep my return leg which is what I wanted. Now I will put a disclaimer that I got an email saying I owed nothing “more” for my return leg but it’s not clear I got a refund on the outbound either… won’t get anywhere tonight but assuming I get a refund on outbound I think that’s fair since their only alternative was a three stop overnight (vs direct flight as originally booked) which they didn’t even say until a few hours after the initial cancellation and when I tried to rectify myself I was told 1. 10 hour call wait 2. No chat available…So I rebooked myself on an alternate airline as I couldn’t get a reasonable response form AS and due to an important meeting set for Tuesday AM waiting 10 hours wasn’t reasonable.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 8:13 pm

Tips/tricks to booking partner awards on American?

Hi all,

I'm based out of San Diego and have typically flown Southwest quite a bit, but with some changes to my travel - I'm finding myself on Alaska Airlines more often (and enjoying it).

I noticed some threads for tips on booking awards via some of the international partners, but didn't see anything for American - excuse me is a missed the thread.

I haven't really had a need to book an award trip using Alaska Airlines miles yet, but recently did some searcing for a quick trip over to PHX. Was hoping I might be able a non-stop on American, but I'm not seeing any of those. Oddly enough - one of the options on the return was PHX - SLO - SAN.

Was wondering if there are any tricks (calling to speak to a person) or if what is found via the online search, is truly all there is.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 10:03 pm

Programs: Alaska, AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by 760Devilfan
Was wondering if there are any tricks (calling to speak to a person) or if what is found via the online search, is truly all there is.
All depends on when. Close-in, award availability may be used up (or, given the spate of COVID and weather related cancelations, pulled back by AA). There's no "last seat guarantee" on award bookings.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 10:04 pm

Programs: Alaska, AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
If I am on an X (saver) fare, is there any way to rebook if the fare goes down? With the current 30% off promo the same flights price out less.

-J.
Depending on flight date you might qualify for their current waiver. You'd be able to cancel, have the funds go to your wallet, and re-book using wallet funds. Unused funds would stay in your wallet.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by thatmikereed
Depending on flight date you might qualify for their current waiver. You'd be able to cancel, have the funds go to your wallet, and re-book using wallet funds. Unused funds would stay in your wallet.
Unfortunately this is outside of the current waiver, but I appreciate the idea.

-J.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 8:25 am

Programs: Yes
I was sitting in Seat 1A during boarding for my 6 hour flight when a gentleman who recently boarded walked back up to ask if there were any paid upgrades to FC available, and sadly the pilot, who was chatting (non-work) with the FAs “no, it’s full.. super full”. Sadly, 50% of FC is empty.

Missed revenue and disappointed pax I can imagine.

😮‍💨
samosa likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 10:55 am

Sorry for the n00b question but I tried searching and couldn't find this anywhere. How do you rebook with a discount code? When I click on the option to change my flight, there's no where to enter a discount code. When I select cancel, all three options says it takes 7 business days for the credit to be deposited back. I booked a Main fare and the 30% discount code would save me $50 pp.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 12:28 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by loganseatac
Sorry for the n00b question but I tried searching and couldn't find this anywhere. How do you rebook with a discount code? When I click on the option to change my flight, there's no where to enter a discount code. When I select cancel, all three options says it takes 7 business days for the credit to be deposited back. I booked a Main fare and the 30% discount code would save me $50 pp.
AFAIK the only way is to cancel and rebook. I've done a ton of cancelations/re-bookings and the money or miles show up in my account instantly.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 7:53 pm

Hey hey - are partner award tickets refundable (i.e. not to credit)? I would think so but I can't seem to find any info on the Alaska website. Do I just eat the partner issue fee if I cancel a ticket?

Thank you!
Old Jan 10, 2022, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by mabramovich
Hey hey - are partner award tickets refundable (i.e. not to credit)? I would think so but I can't seem to find any info on the Alaska website. Do I just eat the partner issue fee if I cancel a ticket?

Thank you!
See this thread: AS award cancelation for partner bookings
Old Jan 11, 2022, 3:42 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist
hi everyone! i had a question about partially used mileage tickets. couldn't find much details on this but for a mileage ticket that i have in mind, i wanted to utilise the stop over perk.

Right now I am thinking SEA to SFO (Alaska) building a stop over in SFO for a few months (I live in the Bay Area) and then departing from SFO to LHR as the on the same itinerary

I was wondering if I took the YVR to SFO flight and during my stop over, would it be possible to change the SFO-LHR flight (either cancel it/move dates)?

Not sure of the rules since at that point it technically would have been partially flown so any guidance would be appreciated. Thank you!
Old Jan 12, 2022, 10:18 am

Programs: Yes
Does anyone have experience buying the inflight WiFi and utilizing the AMEX airline credit? The T&Cs state that charges that are not billed by the selected airline are ineligible.

On AS, it looks like Gogo is the provider, so I would assume it would bill as such and be ineligible.

Or perhaps there’s an alternative such as purchasing it directly from Alaska pre-flight.

I hardly use the WiFi, so I need FT’s help. 👋🏻
Old Jan 12, 2022, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

On a similar note, is it cheaper to purchase Wi-Fi (in my case, a day pass) in advance (before the flight)? And if so, where would I go about doing that?

Thank you!

-J.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 11:59 am

Programs: AS 75k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by anteater
Does anyone have experience buying the inflight WiFi and utilizing the AMEX airline credit? The T&Cs state that charges that are not billed by the selected airline are ineligible.

On AS, it looks like Gogo is the provider, so I would assume it would bill as such and be ineligible.

Or perhaps there’s an alternative such as purchasing it directly from Alaska pre-flight.

I hardly use the WiFi, so I need FT’s help. 👋🏻
I bought a Wifi pass while in-air on an AS flight in September (using an Amex with AS as my selected airline) and it did not work for me. I have not seen a way to pre-purchase wifi directly from AS pre-flight either.
anteater likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.