Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2022 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

2022 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Old Jan 24, 2022, 9:46 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Portland definitely has it and it will take you right to the front of the line. Could save 10-15 minutes and would be a really nice perk if you don't have precheck.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 10:14 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
Portland definitely has it and it will take you right to the front of the line. Could save 10-15 minutes and would be a really nice perk if you don't have precheck.
i personally think with how few of them there are, and if you are someone with elite status, probably flying a lot, then you are better off get tsa precheck. Not long ago I was in Miami and I saw the secerity lines at Americans terminal, and thare normal line had hundreds and hundreds of people in it, the first class and priority line had at least a hundred people in it and tsa precheck has nobody in it, also the priority line has no special Benefits, you will still have to take off you shoes, etc. I don’t think it benefits most frequent travelers as most frequent travelers have precheck, I think it only really benefits the first class traveler that flys 1 a year and does not need precheck.
samosa, be_rettSEA and Seattle123 like this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 1:13 pm

Programs: Alaska, AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Can you put your 1k AA Emerald One world status # on an Alaska Award ticket flying on Alaska metal booked through Alaska Airlines for upgrading purposes?
Today I was told revenue only.
However I had done this successfully a number of times in my very recent past successfully so quite confused
You can do this via the RJ or FinnAir site if you have the Amadeus booking code.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 3:01 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by thatmikereed
You can do this via the RJ or FinnAir site if you have the Amadeus booking code.
Thank you for the suggestion.This is not something I know how to do any other possible work around?
Oddly up till last week all Alaska agents did this for me
Old Jan 24, 2022, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Thank you for the suggestion.This is not something I know how to do any other possible work around?
Oddly up till last week all Alaska agents did this for me
That is the workaround. Google "change ff number rj" for more.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 4:48 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Has anyone noticed that when AS uses the same flight number for a roundtrip on a route (like SEA-SFO-SEA) that the upgrade list shown on the website is royally screwed up. Like I'm booked on the first segment, but don't show on that segment's list, but I'm shown on the return segment list.

Either a glitch with having the same flight number on both segments, or the new method of showing everyone with a reservation instead of only the checked in
Old Jan 24, 2022, 4:59 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by seacarl
Has anyone noticed that when AS uses the same flight number for a roundtrip on a route (like SEA-SFO-SEA) that the upgrade list shown on the website is royally screwed up. Like I'm booked on the first segment, but don't show on that segment's list, but I'm shown on the return segment list.

Either a glitch with having the same flight number on both segments, or the new method of showing everyone with a reservation instead of only the checked in
I noticed something similar/related when my Dulles flight had a sched change earlier this month. I noticed on the app that I'd been dropped from the waitlist, so I called customer care. They didn't have any explanation, but supposedly added me back. If they did indeed add me back, it's not reflected on the website nor the app after about three weeks. I figure I'll call them again; just haven't had time at this point.

Old Jan 24, 2022, 6:49 pm

Programs: AS 75k
I'm booking a companion fare trip to CUN, and when I go to pick seats premium class has a $9/seat/leg charge (MVP Gold, M/N fares). Is this a tax thing? I can't recall ever paying anything other than $0.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by WestSideBilly
I'm booking a companion fare trip to CUN, and when I go to pick seats premium class has a $9/seat/leg charge (MVP Gold, M/N fares). Is this a tax thing? I can't recall ever paying anything other than $0.
No, I think there is an... wait for it... I think there is an IT glitch. I'm getting a similar error as a 75k for a domestic only booking. I'm having a completely separate issue from this so I'm on hold for reservations now -- I'll ask about this too.
WestSideBilly and Seattle123 like this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 9:21 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by WestSideBilly
Originally Posted by FlyerDigits
No, I think there is an... wait for it... I think there is an IT glitch. I'm getting a similar error as a 75k for a domestic only booking. I'm having a completely separate issue from this so I'm on hold for reservations now -- I'll ask about this too.
I saw an odd $9 PC upcharge option when checking seats today on a OGG>SEA flight. And I'm 75K but wasn't sure if my status was being reflected in the charge option. It was just a fleeting thing but I did think for a second that they must be hurting to sell PC if it's only $9 (mainland to Hawaii is usually $100+).
FlyerDigits likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerDigits
Never got an answer from reservations about the $9 -- I ended up resolving my other issue via chat (phone never picked up) and they resolved and closed that chat while I was letting our dog out so I didn't get to ask about the $9. Started a separate thread for the issue.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 2:15 pm

Programs: Free agent!
First Class Upgrade With Miles - Phone Only?

I just purchased a M fare ticket for a JFK-PDX flight, which shows as upgradeable with miles. The AS website says that I need to call in order to process my upgrade with miles. Is this true or is there any way I can avoid being put on hold for two hours outside of calling at 11pm?
Old Jan 25, 2022, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by kevincrumbs
I just purchased a M fare ticket for a JFK-PDX flight, which shows as upgradeable with miles. The AS website says that I need to call in order to process my upgrade with miles. Is this true or is there any way I can avoid being put on hold for two hours outside of calling at 11pm?
I called today and had a two minute wait.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
During the pre-board on my flight today a whole bunch of NetJets crew members boarded. They were wearing crew dress and had NetJets bag tags. Is this any kind of official policy or informal practice? I would rather that they board in their proper boarding categpory and leave the overhead bin space to people in groups ahead of them. I don't see how giving the crew of the private jet crowd priority benefits anyone in the public flying class, travelers or employees.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 4:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; AS 100k; BA Silver; UA Silver
I have a BA Silver status (OneWorld Sapphire) and AS 100k status. Last week, I was trying to get into the AS lounge at SeaTac based on my BA status (I have no AS lounge membership). The front desk staff saw that my boarding pass had an AS membership number and almost denied entry (they said they'd make an exception that time). Is it possible to enter a BA membership number in the boarding pass, go to the lounge, and switch the number to the AS one right before the boarding or after landing? Is it against the rules or any policy?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.