Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

I Got/Didn't Get MVP/Gold/75K Upgrade on AS (2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I Got/Didn't Get MVP/Gold/75K Upgrade on AS (2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2022, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
1/31/22 LAX-LTO AS 258 75K Upgrade cleared at T-20 hours, then uncleared and “thrown back into PC” 10 minutes before boarding when aircraft changed from -900 to -800.

Not a good way to start a new year as a 75K, but the flight was relatively short.
I still would like to know what the pecking order is for downgrades....as a 75K, you should have been ahead of just about everybody with the exception of paid F. You weren't in row 4 were you?
Old Jan 31, 2022, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mtofell
Yeah, I always do the same the instant the upgrade email comes through. This time it wouldn't let me into the seat map. The really odd thing is that upon getting on the plane, the window seat was empty (but I'm sitting in it now). Strange because I would have expected to be put there from my PC window. And REALLY strange since there were 20 people on the waitlist... lots of them singles. I'm surprised nobody questioned it and got upgraded.
I’ve had something similar happen a few times- it barfs when loading the map or says “sorry, that seat is no longer available”. But then a few hours later it shows me with the seat I picked.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 10:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), UA Silver, OW Sapphire
1/30/2022 LAS-SFO AS 3366 MVPG+1 (MVP), Fare class H, upgraded day after purchase 6 weeks ago. E175 went out with 1 empty in F (coach full)
1/30/2022 SFO-RDM AS 3300 MVPG+1 (MVP), Fare class O, upgraded T-24. E175 went out with 5 empty in F with approximately 30 pax on board.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I still would like to know what the pecking order is for downgrades....as a 75K, you should have been ahead of just about everybody with the exception of paid F. You weren't in row 4 were you?
No, I wasn’t. I was #1 on the waitlist. They originally put me in row 4, but I immediacy moved myself to row 2. I think there were 4 seats unassigned before I was upgraded. I noticed that the app didn’t show me any upgraded passengers on the waitlist after the upgrade happened. Is that a change in how the app works?

There were originally also lots of empty (unassigned) seats in coach. Made me wonder if they downsized the aircraft to better match the load, but I was too lazy to try to figure out what happened to the originally assigned aircraft. There was no talk at the gate about the aircraft going mechanical.

My very first flight of the new year as a 75k, I was not upgraded, but then spent 2 hrs in 6C staring at the empty 4A seat of an E175. Might have been a no-show and the gate agent didn’t feel like upgrading people?
samosa likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 11:12 am

I really hope this isn't a sign of things to come for 2022, but I am a 100K and was 8th on the list at check-in. It's a Wednesday morning departure from SEA to DFW. Never seen a list like this before.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 11:15 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by Diego Rodriguez
I really hope this isn't a sign of things to come for 2022, but I am a 100K and was 8th on the list at check-in. It's a Wednesday morning departure from SEA to DFW. Never seen a list like this before.
That might have been made worse by people changing flights to get into DFW before the winter weather moves in.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
That might have been made worse by people changing flights to get into DFW before the winter weather moves in.
I was also wondering if the super cheap airfare I paid, $200 round trip, has anything to do with it.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 1:54 pm

Programs: AS Gold 75K and Delta PM, former AA EXP
2/2/22 SFO - AUS AS 3336 75K Upgrade cleared at T-20 Hours (Was one open seat for about a week, so was not sure I would clear at all)
2/4/22 AUS - SFO AS 3380 75K Upgrade cleared at booking T-60
Old Feb 1, 2022, 2:16 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
1/27/22 BWI-SEA MVPG Didn't clear. #1 on waitlist
1/30/22 SEA-BWI MVPG Didn't clear. #1 on waitlist
I believe I was 4th of 7 or 8 on the list both times when check-in opened.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
No, I wasn’t. I was #1 on the waitlist. They originally put me in row 4, but I immediacy moved myself to row 2. I think there were 4 seats unassigned before I was upgraded. I noticed that the app didn’t show me any upgraded passengers on the waitlist after the upgrade happened. Is that a change in how the app works?

There were originally also lots of empty (unassigned) seats in coach. Made me wonder if they downsized the aircraft to better match the load, but I was too lazy to try to figure out what happened to the originally assigned aircraft. There was no talk at the gate about the aircraft going mechanical.

My very first flight of the new year as a 75k, I was not upgraded, but then spent 2 hrs in 6C staring at the empty 4A seat of an E175. Might have been a no-show and the gate agent didn’t feel like upgrading people?
If 4A was empty and you were in 6C, leave a quick but detailed note on Alaska Listens....specifically in the place where it allows you to leave comments for the airport staff. The station manager will see this and potentially go back and see what happened. I noticed an empty seat in F on AS 53 from EWR-PDX last Sunday night and a person in row 6 was next in line for the upgrade but obviously didn't get it....on a flight of this length, I would have been VERY disappointed and would have probably submitted my Alaska Listens before landing. Honestly, the hub gate agents at places like PDX/SEA do a great job of filling in the seats of no-shows from the upgrade list--you have to be careful with the outstations like EWR and FLL.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 5:58 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist
2/1/22
SJC-LAX
MVPG
Upgrade cleared at T-22. I was first on the waitlist after check in, then disappeared from the waitlist
Old Feb 10, 2022, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Fri 28 Jan
AS281 SEA-LAX (10pm departure)
75K, S fare, booked 25 Jan
cleared immediately (no surprise; maybe a total of 50 on the jet, with F less than half full)
Old Feb 10, 2022, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Mon Feb 7
AS2305 LAX - RDM
E175 with about 44 people booked. Didn’t get F upgrade as a 75K. From what I could tell, two pax got chocolates in the back.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 9:37 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Date: 2/11/22
Route (Please bold if failure): CMH-SEA
Flight Number: 992
Status (MVP, Gold. 75K, 100K): Gold
Fare Class: O
Time the upgrade cleared or position on waitlist if didn't clear: T-22 hours

Date: 2/11/22

Route (Please bold if failure): SEA-PDX
Flight Number: 1260
Status (MVP, Gold. 75K, 100K): Gold
Fare Class: O
Time the upgrade cleared or position on waitlist if didn't clear: #13 of 32

First time clearing an upgrade on CMH-SEA! Don't care about the shuttle hop, and I figured it would be chock-full of elites.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 10:17 am

Programs: 75K, HH Diamond
Date: 2/10/22
Route (Please bold if failure): SEA-LAS
Flight Number: 688
Status (MVP, Gold. 75K, 100K): 75K
Fare Class: V
Time the upgrade cleared or position on waitlist if didn't clear: 9 of 25+

Date: 2/12/22

Route (Please bold if failure): LAS-SEA
Flight Number: 1236
Status (MVP, Gold. 75K, 100K): 75K
Fare Class: N
Time the upgrade cleared or position on waitlist if didn't clear: 6 of 15+

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.