Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Saver Fare Purchased after April 31, 2021 - No Refund?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Saver Fare Purchased after April 31, 2021 - No Refund?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2021, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Saver Fare Purchased after April 30, 2021 - No Refund?

We purchased a saver fare to Hawaii on May 6, 2021, just after the deadline for the relaxed refund rules. We have decided to cancel the February 2022 trip due to the new Covid wave. However, Alaska Air has subsequently changed the return flight schedule by 4 hours. Would this flight change give us an opportunity to get credit for a different future flight?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Last edited by Redbelly; Dec 27, 2021 at 8:15 pm
Old Dec 27, 2021, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by Redbelly
We purchased a saver fare to Hawaii on May 6, 2021, just after the deadline for the relaxed refund rules. We have decided to cancel the February 2022 trip due to the new Covid wave. However, Alaska Air has subsequently changed the return flight schedule by 4 hours. Would this flight change give us an opportunity to get credit for a different future flight?

Thanks in advance for any tips.
With that large of a schedule change, I think your chances of getting a refund to the original form of payment is pretty high, let alone just credit. I would definitely call AS
be_rettSEA and Mahogany like this.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I would call them -- four hours is a pretty significant change and I would expect they would be willing to give you a credit, if not a refund. I once had a similar schedule change that ultimately required an overnight; they originally offered to refund me, but in the end let me switch to a co-terminal and flight times of my choice with no change of fare. It was really quite the epic mileage run!

With that being said, I was initially drawn to this thread as I am pretty sure there is no April 31st

-J.
mtofell and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
From alaskaair.com:

My flight was changed or canceled

If your flight is affected by a schedule change or cancellation, we will move you to the next available flight.

If your new flight works for you, great! We'll see you onboard.

If your new flight schedule was changed by more than one hour, you have some options:
And remember, if your plans change at any time, there are no fees to change or cancel Main and First Class fares. A fare difference may apply.

*Please note: To qualify for a refund to your original form of payment, you must have an active reservation on the impacted flight. If you voluntarily canceled your trip and received a future travel credit before the flight cancellation, you are not eligible for a refund.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 8:04 pm

If it's more than 1 hour then yes you can request a credit online when you cancel.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
.........With that being said, I was initially drawn to this thread as I am pretty sure there is no April 31st

-J.
Yea, I think there are only 31 days in April during leap years.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 12:46 pm

I’d aim for a refund to the original payment method.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by Redbelly
Yea, I think there are only 31 days in April during leap years.

correction: on every 10th leap year.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 2:34 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by Mahogany
correction: on every 10th leap year.
I thought it only existed in the “00” years…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.