Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Flexible Travel Waiver for 12/22 - 1/16 Travel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flexible Travel Waiver for 12/22 - 1/16 Travel

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2021, 12:08 am

Programs: AS MVP
Somehow, AS 1150 SEA-BUR pushed back from the gate on time and despite the cold temps did not require a stop for deicing. We arrived BUR on time. A miracle.
ryandc99 and FlyerDigits like this.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 12:10 am

Programs: AA Platinum for Life (2MM), BR Gold, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold
More snow expected in SEA on Thursday (12/30/22). I wonder what it will be like getting from LAS-SEA on my 12/31 flight.

I suppose there are worse things than getting stuck in Las Vegas for New Years! But trying to get a hotel room last minute could be a problem, and $$$.
Visconti and Marschel like this.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Angry

woke up to “your flight to MKE is cancelled” text from AS … Delta had 2F via MSP at $1200 each (lv 1245 ar 2130), but they disappeared in a couple minutes (and I had no clue as to when/if I’d be able to get through to AS to rebook)

found 2 PC seats SEA-PDX-ORD (lv noon ar 2035) but online change didn’t work; PDX is expecting more snow this afternoon and we weren’t thrilled with the prospect of getting stuck there
anteater likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 12:01 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Originally Posted by jrl767
woke up to “your flight to MKE is cancelled” text from AS … Delta had 2F via MSP at $1200 each (lv 1245 ar 2130), but they disappeared in a couple minutes (and I had no clue as to when/if I’d be able to get through to AS to rebook)

found 2 PC seats SEA-PDX-ORD (lv noon ar 2035) but online change didn’t work; PDX is expecting more snow this afternoon and we weren’t thrilled with the prospect of getting stuck there
Yeah, our KOA-PDX for this evening (12:30am tomorrow arrival) was cancelled this morning. PDX looks like it is off the table for AS today.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 8:40 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
0/3 on DEN - SEA this week so far.

What was supposed to be AS623 was again ferried to SFO without pax; inbound had same pattern as yesterdays flight of leave gate, return to gate, head to DEN.

AS likely has some serious crew issues going on that I think they’re only at the beginning of getting a handle on.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by MonThruThurs
0/3 on DEN - SEA this week so far.

What was supposed to be AS623 was again ferried to SFO without pax; inbound had same pattern as yesterdays flight of leave gate, return to gate, head to DEN.

AS likely has some serious crew issues going on that I think they’re only at the beginning of getting a handle on.

my flight this morning. I’m guessing dhd is deadheads or they scattered that poor family all over the plane.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by hsumh316

my flight this morning. I’m guessing dhd is deadheads or they scattered that poor family all over the plane.
What routing for that screenshot with all the deadheads?
Old Dec 29, 2021, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by northwesterner
What routing for that screenshot with all the deadheads?
SEA to SFO
Old Dec 29, 2021, 10:44 am

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Flexible travel policy waiver has been extended to cover flights thru 1/16/22 as long as the ticket was purchased booked on or before 12/22/21: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/advisories/travel-advisories#flex

Travel must occur before 2/16/22 for fare difference to be waived.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 10:50 am

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by ab2013
Flexible travel policy waiver has been extended to cover flights thru 1/16/22 as long as the ticket was purchased booked on or before 12/22/21: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/ad...dvisories#flex

Travel must occur before 2/16/22 for fare difference to be waived.
I hope this doesn’t impact FC availability too much for those of us on our original flights. I have one flight in January that I didn’t use a GGU on. 🤞🏻

Get home safely, everyone. 🥂
Old Dec 29, 2021, 11:22 am

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
Originally Posted by anteater
I hope this doesn’t impact FC availability too much for those of us on our original flights. I have one flight in January that I didn’t use a GGU on. 🤞🏻

I will take advantage of this and rebook my LAX-EWR weekday red-eye to a weekend red-eye with a connection in SEA
anteater likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 11:31 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald

I feel kind of dumb. I always noticed "Dhd" and wondered what kind of last name (Hindi? Urdu?) Began with "Dhd..." I always marveled at the size of their family too.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 11:34 am

SEA to SFO
Absolutely. Possibly 737 pilots deadheading as there are none based in SFO and the multiday flight trips are all messed up.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 11:52 am

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Originally Posted by anteater

Eh, I'm more worried that I bought a fully refundable fare (was just a $30 upcharge over the nonrefundable at the time, iirc) and just processed a ticket change (requesting a fully refundable fare again) under this waiver policy, and the website is now telling me that "Alaska Airlines accounting will determine whether you receive a refund to original form of payment or credit for future travel sent by email."

Not cool, Alaska...

anteater likes this.

Last edited by ab2013; Dec 29, 2021 at 12:02 pm
Old Dec 29, 2021, 1:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
Originally Posted by ab2013
Eh, I'm more worried that I bought a fully refundable fare (was just a $30 upcharge over the nonrefundable at the time, iirc) and just processed a ticket change (requesting a fully refundable fare again) under this waiver policy, and the website is now telling me that "Alaska Airlines accounting will determine whether you receive a refund to original form of payment or credit for future travel sent by email."

Not cool, Alaska...

They’re a mess. Luckily I moved my SNA flight to Feb right when the waiver came out. During all my time with AS, outside of the HUD installations on the 727’s, they’ve never been able to be proactive and operate, even marginally in a severe weather event. Their COO just put an update, Mea culpa up on the internal web site. They’re now pre-canceling 48 hours out to trim the schedule and it’ll probably stay at 48 hours through the New Year. It’s taking over an hour to de-ice in SEA, crews and planes are mixed away from bases, and call hold times are at 20 hours. They’re promising a full review after, but that’s a promise I heard for years before I retired, with little effect. I feel for everyone stuck in this, because it typically takes AS a week plus to recover once the last snow flake or drop of freezing rain falls. The biggest issue for me is, as stated above, the lack of the ability to do multiple rebooking on the ap or online. It’s one of the best customer service features offered by AA. That’s definitely something AS needs to remedy. Cheers.
sltlyamusd and ab2013 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.