Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PDX-SEA Shuttle Service in First

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2021, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: RDM AS 100K - 1MM / DL DM - 3MM / Marriott Ambassador - Lifetime Titanium Elite
PDX-SEA Shuttle Service in First

I flew PDX-SEA-PDX on an A320 and 737-800 last week in first and was surprised that the only service was water in your seat. Delta does a service and the last time I was on a Skywest E175 we had the options of drinks. Is this a Covid thing?

Not being able to at least provide coffee is really subpar.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 11:54 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by CAVU
I flew PDX-SEA-PDX on an A320 and 737-800 last week in first and was surprised that the only service was water in your seat. Delta does a service and the last time I was on a Skywest E175 we had the options of drinks. Is this a Covid thing?

Not being able to at least provide coffee is really subpar.
What time of day?
Old Dec 20, 2021, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: RDM AS 100K - 1MM / DL DM - 3MM / Marriott Ambassador - Lifetime Titanium Elite
Mid morning to SEA and early morning to PDX. They said there was not enough time to do a service which makes sense in coach but not in first.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 11:28 am

It's like 30 minutes in the air. Maybe fly Delta instead or grab coffee at the airport?
Old Dec 21, 2021, 2:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Alaska MVPG 75K, National Executive Elite
I've experienced AS FA's in First handing out glasses and drinks (still in bottles / cans) a couple of months ago on an evening flight. Not sure if this is a recent change or if the crew was just busy / lazy.
Gallibep likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 2:21 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Have never ever had anything in F on this route. Have had them once or twice take drink orders before takeoff, but then claim "too much turbulence" (with zero bumps experienced, usually) to offer anything. I never expect it anymore, but also would never use a GGU or pay for F on this route unless needed a the CoS bonus.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA, AS, TZ, UA, Clipper, EZ-Link, Hop, Navigo, Octopus, Oyster
Same. Six shuttle mainline shuttle flights this year in F. Different times of day. Nothing besides pre-board water.
One flight the lady next to me asked for a cup of ice for her water during the flight. Nope.
"Due to the short duration of our flight we are unable to provide in-flight service."
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
Have never ever had anything in F on this route. Have had them once or twice take drink orders before takeoff, but then claim "too much turbulence" (with zero bumps experienced, usually) to offer anything. I never expect it anymore, but also would never use a GGU or pay for F on this route unless needed a the CoS bonus.
Based upon "lack of service" excuses, the PacNW has the most turbulent skies in the world.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
I have been on regional flights on LH that were shorter than PDX-SEA (according to gcmap) where they not only served drinks to everyone on the plane but also a small (cold) meal to Euro Business passengers.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 1:24 pm

Programs: AS 75K
I've never had drink service in FC from PDX>SEA (or vice versa). Last week the FA took drink orders before takeoff and said she'd try but it really seemed like just an act. The flight was perfectly smooth and if they were ever going to that would have been the time. Not to derail this too far but why can't they just do a PDB? The time from when first class loads until moving from the gate is far greater than the time in the air.
notquiteaff and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 1:42 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by mtofell
I've never had drink service in FC from PDX>SEA (or vice versa). Last week the FA took drink orders before takeoff and said she'd try but it really seemed like just an act. The flight was perfectly smooth and if they were ever going to that would have been the time. Not to derail this too far but why can't they just do a PDB? The time from when first class loads until moving from the gate is far greater than the time in the air.
I find this the worst - don't get our hopes up for anything by taking drink orders before takeoff.. And agree with the PDB here too. If you're catered and unlikely to have time to serve drinks and take trash before landing, at least give us something before takeoff?
trentonl, Tack and mtofell like this.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 7:13 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
In my experience, AS mainline rarely offers a service SEA-PDX FC or in the reverse. Flew AS mainline SEA-PDX today in the AM and QX PDX-SEA this afternoon. QX offered mimosas as a PDB on the PDX-SEA return but nothing in flight due to Wx. Nothing in AS mainline in the AM where the weather was much calmer due to the "short duration" of the the flight. The QX FA in FC was pretty awesome.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 8:21 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Yeah, shoot.... I'd even be willing to take the long way around Mt. Hood if it meant a bourbon and a nice view. Maybe stretch the flight to 45 minutes? I suppose I'd be a terrible airline bean counter.
Seattle123 likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 8:40 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Mainline on all short flights is always a big zero as far as service SEA-PDX/YVR/GEG. I have had QX crews routinely serve drinks and snacks on those same routes. For whatever reason mainline doesn’t even try.
Tack and Seattle123 like this.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 9:57 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100K
I always try to fly QX on this route. They serve drink and snack. I also get a chocolate bar (for 75k) when I seat in economy.
Seattle123 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.