Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Schedule Changes (2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2022, 11:34 am

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan MVPG, HHonors Gold, Hyatt GP Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by jrl767
a couple weeks back the 16 Jun SEA-CLE inaugural was changed to have the same flight number (216) in both directions

sure hope that doesn't imply I'll get zero miles for flying the RT
AS has used the same flight number for the outbound and inbound flights in other markets from SEA. Does anyone know if this does result in 0 miles?
Old Jan 7, 2022, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by Mr_Tudball
AS has used the same flight number for the outbound and inbound flights in other markets from SEA. Does anyone know if this does result in 0 miles?

It does not generate 0 miles. SkyWest flights have had the same number in both directions for quite some time and I got my miles, just like every other flight.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
you'll get miles for a one-way leg without issue; the (slightly flippant) question is for mileage runs with an immediate return on the same flight

in this case, it's now moot as CLE-SEA has reverted to AS330
Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:47 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan MVPG, HHonors Gold, Hyatt GP Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Spire
Yes, my question about miles earned was for a same day return mileage run where the outbound and return flights now have the same flight number. I guess I’ll find out tomorrow.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, my question about miles earned was for a same day return mileage run where the outbound and return flights now have the same flight number. I guess I’ll find out tomorrow.
I can't speak for AS, but I've done a number of immediate turns on DL on flights with same flight number and have always gotten credit for both. While they share same flight number, when you book these trips the flights are actually on separate fare components which is likely how system distinguishes these from "direct" flights with same flight number which book on a single fare component.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 2:48 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Interesting data point: I have a similar situation on a mileage run in February with 5 segments. SEA-IAD and IAD-SEA are both AS1078. I guess I hadn't thought about the mileage issue, but I did notice that out of all the segments, that return flight back to SEA was the only one in the PNR that wasn't waitlisted for FC, and I'm not able to request it on the website. I haven't bothered to call/text customer care at this point knowing how busy they are, but will report back once I do. Could be just coincidence.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 4:49 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
I wonder if the impacted flights are programmed to be cancelled this weekend, or whether it has already been removed and cancelled. So far, all of my flights for January are intact.

Jiburi
Old Jan 7, 2022, 5:20 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by jiburi
I wonder if the impacted flights are programmed to be cancelled this weekend, or whether it has already been removed and cancelled. So far, all of my flights for January are intact.

Jiburi
They are still using the last minute cancellation method. The pre-cancels for the rest of the month will be run this weekend.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
Originally Posted by UtilityGuy
Interesting data point: I have a similar situation on a mileage run in February with 5 segments. SEA-IAD and IAD-SEA are both AS1078. I guess I hadn't thought about the mileage issue, but I did notice that out of all the segments, that return flight back to SEA was the only one in the PNR that wasn't waitlisted for FC, and I'm not able to request it on the website. I haven't bothered to call/text customer care at this point knowing how busy they are, but will report back once I do. Could be just coincidence.

Call CS. Rn. It happened to me as well, due to schedule change my immediate turnaround RT flights have the same flight #. Return leg wasn't waitlisted for FC, and agent was struggling to put me on FC waitlist due to a glitch in system, ended up manually processing a confirmed UG, like 10 weeks ahead. Impressive.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
They are still using the last minute cancellation method.
yep
my cousin had DEN-SEA-OGG for tomorrow (Sat) morning; DEN-SEA got axed an hour or so ago ... they put her on the afternoon flight that gets in ~1030pm, but that trip has a less-than-stellar completion record the past few weeks ... I suggested she reach out to AS to ask if they'll take her off-line DEN-SEA (DL, half an hour earlier than her original departure) so she can keep the daytime SEA-OGG
Old Jan 7, 2022, 7:27 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Gold; NEXUS
yep
my cousin had DEN-SEA-OGG for tomorrow (Sat) morning; DEN-SEA got axed an hour or so ago ... they put her on the afternoon flight that gets in ~1030pm, but that trip has a less-than-stellar completion record the past few weeks ... I suggested she reach out to AS to ask if they'll take her off-line DEN-SEA (DL, half an hour earlier than her original departure) so she can keep the daytime SEA-OGG
The mid-con and shorter haul mainline routes to or from other airlines' fortress hubs (DEN or SLC for instance, maybe MSP as well) are the ones I expect to be most likely cut. Maybe they also cut frequency to some of the AA hubs like DFW and PHX if they think they can shift seats to AA. Routes that have more than 1x/day frequency from SFO or LAX could be candidates as well. I don't expect to see many cuts to one-off stations like MKE, MCI, PIT, ICT, etc.

I think the Hawaii flights themselves, particularly from the Northwest, are fairly safe if the fares they are charging on them are any indicator.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 9:48 pm

SEA-JFK canceled again for tomorrow… ugh

Space in the 11pm flight from PDX tonight but of course you can’t get a hold of anyone… this is pathetic.

Last edited by RAD_PDX; Jan 7, 2022 at 10:04 pm
Old Jan 7, 2022, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
SEA-JFK canceled again for tomorrow… ugh

Space in the 11pm flight from PDX tonight but of course you can’t get a hold of anyone… this is pathetic.
ok, it’s an hour later, but am I missing something?

you’re in Portland, with designs on that 11pm flight tonight … why are you ranting on FT instead of *just going to the airport*?!?!?

you’ll have to be there anyway … and it’s not like you’d end up in 32E …

Last edited by jrl767; Jan 7, 2022 at 11:02 pm
Old Jan 7, 2022, 11:16 pm

ok, it’s an hour later, but am I missing something?

you’re in Portland, with designs on that 11pm flight tonight … why are you ranting on FT instead of *just going to the airport*?!?!?

you’ll have to be there anyway … and it’s not like you’d end up in 32E …

By the time I saw the 11 pm flight it was too late for me to scramble to the airport, however, if I had known about the cancelation earlier, it would have been on the table... Maybe I should have made that clear...
FlyerDigits likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 2:01 am

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
Angry Alaska Airlines cuts flights by 10% because of staffing shortages

Made it through the holidays but hit hard by this one. Alaska cancelled our flight this morning, flight 615 departing around 11 AM and rescheduled us on one that leaves at 6 AM. Then it cancelled that one also. Also cancelled our return on the 12th. No explanations. Chat and twitter were ended before they began, due to no staff. On hold for 45 minutes so far and not happy. They may be cancelling 10% of their flights, but they've cancelled 100% of ours so far.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.