Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS Starbucks BOGO Offer (Purchase by 12/7/21)

Old Dec 6, 2021, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al

Just received this offer via email. Haven't seen it posted here yet. https://www.alaskaair.com/content/de...starbucks-bogo

Seems like a good deal that some should be able to use, and doesn't appear targeted.

Starbucks BOGO*

The holidays are merrier when you’re together, so we’ve teamed up with Starbucks to help you BOGO all the way!

Buy one coach class Alaska ticket and get one for just the taxes and fees*. Use discount code STARBUCKS by 11:59 pm (PT) December 7, 2021. Day of week restrictions and blackout dates apply.

Here’s how it works:

1. In the booking form on this page, enter your departure and arrival cities, dates, and at least 2 travelers.
    • Travel is valid January 5 – March 9, 2022.
    • Travel to Florida, Hawaii, Mexico, Costa Rica, or Belize is valid Sundays through Wednesdays
    • Travel from Florida, Hawaii, Mexico, Costa Rica or Belize is valid Tuesdays through Fridays.
    • All other travel is valid Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays.
    • Blackout dates of February 18–28, 2022, apply.
  2. Enter STARBUCKS into the discount code field, and then click "Find flights" to start your search.
*Discount terms and conditions:

Buy one coach class ticket at the regular price and get a second ticket for just the taxes. Discount code is valid for 50% off coach base fare levels published at alaskaair.com. Valid for itineraries with a minimum of 2 and maximum of 7 people, traveling together and booked and ticketed at the same time in the same reservation and at the same fare; valid for one-way or round-trip travel. If the itinerary is canceled or changed, any refund or credit issued will be for the discounted price for each ticket.

Discount code is valid anywhere Alaska Airlines flies (excluding Prudhoe Bay). Discount does not apply to government-imposed taxes and airport fees. Valid for new ticket purchases only. Cannot be combined with other promotions.

Travel is valid from January 5, 2022 – March 9, 2022. Travel to Florida, Hawaii, Mexico, Costa Rica, or Belize is valid Sundays through Wednesdays. Travel from Florida, Hawaii, Mexico, Costa Rica, or Belize is valid Tuesdays through Fridays. All other travel is valid Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays. Blackout dates of February 18-28, 2022, apply.

Discount code must be applied towards purchase of ticket by 11:59pm (PT) on December 7, 2021.

Changes and refunds may be allowed per the applicable fare rule. Refunds or cancellation of itinerary will result in the forfeiture of the discount code. Once the 'Purchase By' date has passed, any changes will result in the forfeiture of the discount. Once issued, tickets are not transferable.
-FlyerBeek
Old Dec 6, 2021, 7:32 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
$123 roundtrip saver/per person to Hawaii is not too shabby...($163/main)

Old Dec 6, 2021, 8:02 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
$123 roundtrip saver/per person to Hawaii is not too shabby...($163/main)

My back hurts looking at that X.....positioning to SAN, SAN - HNL flights are 99$ main before the coupon
Old Dec 6, 2021, 10:24 am

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
Just wondering, I know if I buy 2 tickets for myself, I will only earn RDM no EQM for the 2nd ticket, but will I get UG for both "me" and "myself" and get an empty F seat next to me?
Old Dec 6, 2021, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by 985X
Just wondering, I know if I buy 2 tickets for myself, I will only earn RDM no EQM for the 2nd ticket, but will I get UG for both "me" and "myself" and get an empty F seat next to me?
Sure, and you can pre-order two meals … I am sure AS IT implemented that use case

Realistically, though, if you buy a second seat for your cello and get upgraded, where does the cello go sit?
985X likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 10:31 am

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Sure, and you can pre-order two meals … I am sure AS IT implemented that use case
Wonderful! As a troll, I'm thinking of slapping a huge sticky note on my neighboring seat that says "Reserved for your comfort" like those European carriers and watch other elites on the UG list walk by but can't take it
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 10:39 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Gold; NEXUS
These are really making me re-think whether we keep the Visa card. I get that the credit card companion fare can be used at any time, including holidays, but that's not our usual travel pattern. With everyone and their sister running around with these Visa companion fares, I have noticed that AS has become less than competitive on routes from SEA that I would want to use them on (primarily to-from Hawaii), even including the companion fare. I ended up booking on HA for our upcoming January trip because their fare was half of what AS was charging. I can put up with a connection in HNL in exchange for flying on an A330 and retaining the companion fare for use elsewhere.

In any case, I was able to use this deal to re-book PAE-PHX this March with this deal and pocketed $150... very nice.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 10:55 am

Programs: A3*G, AS MVPG, UA, AA
Originally Posted by sullim4
These are really making me re-think whether we keep the Visa card. I get that the credit card companion fare can be used at any time, including holidays, but that's not our usual travel pattern. With everyone and their sister running around with these Visa companion fares, I have noticed that AS has become less than competitive on routes from SEA that I would want to use them on (primarily to-from Hawaii), even including the companion fare. I ended up booking on HA for our upcoming January trip because their fare was half of what AS was charging. I can put up with a connection in HNL in exchange for flying on an A330 and retaining the companion fare for use elsewhere.

In any case, I was able to use this deal to re-book PAE-PHX this March with this deal and pocketed $150... very nice.
No kidding, especially since no waivers were granted these past two years to extend the coupons. I mean I'm paying the annual fee AND $99 for the second ticket. This bogo carries no annual fee and the second ticket is *actually* free.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 10:58 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
For those of us crediting to AA even though Alaska would be my program if the cities matched my needs more… anyone find any good high end economy deals yet? You know, the fares that credit 15-20 percent EQD rather than 5.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 11:37 am

Dang I was hoping the BOGO codes would work for half off a single person itineraries again.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 11:42 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Originally Posted by Arsene Wenger
Dang I was hoping the BOGO codes would work for half off a single person itineraries again.
Me too, or even buy yourself one flight, get a second of equal or lesser value free. So, it's like a BOGO for two people - you x2!
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali
Me too, or even buy yourself one flight, get a second of equal or lesser value free. So, it's like a BOGO for two people - you x2!
I talked to AS agents over the phone, you dont need to call reservations to book a second seat for yourself (which they call comfort seat or what I call BYO Eurobiz). Just select 2nd pax as yourself, change the FIRST NAME to "EXST" (keep last name the same), and remove the ffp#. Once the trip is completed, call mileage plan to get your RDM for the comfort seat. You will NOT earn EQM for the comfort seat tho.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 1:05 pm

Combined with reasonably priced N space for GGU usage, good deal!
Old Dec 6, 2021, 1:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I talked to AS agents over the phone, you dont need to call reservations to book a second seat for yourself (which they call comfort seat or what I call BYO Eurobiz). Just select 2nd pax as yourself, change the FIRST NAME to "EXST" (keep last name the same), and remove the ffp#. Once the trip is completed, call mileage plan to get your RDM for the comfort seat. You will NOT earn EQM for the comfort seat tho.
Great info 985x, didn't know they'd let you double-dip on RDM. If they'd do EQM too, it would set up some epic mileage runs!
Old Dec 6, 2021, 1:32 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Double dipping RDM changes everything…
FlyerDigits likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.