Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

SFO Opens Terminal 2 <---> Terminal 3 Airside Connector

SFO Opens Terminal 2 <---> Terminal 3 Airside Connector

Old Nov 24, 21, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 75K (RIP VX), Hyatt Globalist, BonVoy Plat, National Exec
Thumbs up SFO Opens Terminal 2 <---> Terminal 3 Airside Connector

"The post-security connector between Terminal 2 and Terminal 3 has opened at San Francisco International Airport.
You can now go between Terminal 2 (Alaska) to Terminal 3 (United) and International Terminal G (Star Alliance), all connected post-security."

Among other things, this allows AS passengers in T2, without having to reclear security, to access:
-AMEX Centurion Lounge in T3
-United flights in T3

-International G's Star Alliance gates
-Friends, family, coworkers in T3/T2 restaurants and lounges before or after flights

SFO states that another new airside connector from T2 to T1 will be complete in 2024, which would also allow post-security access to International A gates.
Old Nov 24, 21, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by mixmastermark View Post
Among other things, this allows AS passengers in T2, without having to reclear security, to access:
-AMEX Centurion Lounge in T3
-United flights in T3

-International G's Star Alliance gates
-Friends, family, coworkers in T3/T2 restaurants and lounges before or after flights
And allows UA passengers easier access to the AS Lounge in T2.
mixmastermark and 985X like this.
Old Nov 24, 21, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I assume this allows access to the AA Admirals Club from the AS gates for those with long layovers that want to lounge hop
Old Nov 24, 21, 6:54 pm

I am surprised that it has taken this long for (some) airport management authorities to realize the desirability of airside connectors for terminals that have separate security portals. DCA and Boston are also examples of this (although DCA did it by moving the security outside the main concourse of the new/newish terminal).
Old Nov 24, 21, 8:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Amen!

Great T-day gift! I can use this next weekend
Old Nov 24, 21, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AS 75k, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by econ View Post
And allows UA passengers easier access to the AS Lounge in T2.
Can I access the AS lounge if I'm flying on a UA ticket? If I had known this I would have ditched my UC membership as soon as the new AS club opened, and the connector makes it even more of a no-brainer
Old Nov 24, 21, 8:43 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by PDXPremier View Post
I assume this allows access to the AA Admirals Club from the AS gates for those with long layovers that want to lounge hop
Not yet. I believe the T1-2 airside connection is the last one to open and you can stay airside only between A-B Gates and C-G Gates as of now.
Old Nov 24, 21, 8:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by PDXPremier View Post
No airside connector between B (AA) & C/D yet. Theres plans for one, but still a few years out.
Old Nov 24, 21, 9:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by econ View Post
No airside connector between B (AA) & C/D yet. Theres plans for one, but still a few years out.
Someone got my hopes up!

It's ok- I'll enjoy my amex lounge use (for now)
Old Nov 24, 21, 10:02 pm

Programs: AS 75K, SK, UR, MR
I must have walked right by it on opening day arriving at the F gates on a UA evening flight from EWR, crossing the path we often take from the AS checkin counter via the sidewalk to the Centurion lounge.
Old Nov 24, 21, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Spire, others
Originally Posted by mixmastermark View Post
SFO states that another new airside connector from T2 to T1 will be complete in 2024, which would also allow post-security access to International A gates.
Isn't there already an airside connector between T1 and T2? There was last time I was there (a few months ago).
Old Nov 24, 21, 11:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by sethb View Post
Isn't there already an airside connector between T1 and T2? There was last time I was there (a few months ago).
No. There is no connector between B and C, either airside or landside. There's a big hole in the ground as they prepare to rebuild the T1 North Lobby. Completion scheduled for 2024.
Old Nov 24, 21, 11:09 pm

Programs: AS — views are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer
Originally Posted by sethb View Post
You might be confusing the existing connector between the C and D gates. Before the T1 redevelopment, the C gates were part of T1, but with the gate renumbering, construction, etc., they were redistricted, if you will, to T2.
mixmastermark likes this.
Old Nov 26, 21, 11:59 am

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, HH
Originally Posted by zymm View Post
Can I access the AS lounge if I'm flying on a UA ticket? If I had known this I would have ditched my UC membership as soon as the new AS club opened, and the connector makes it even more of a no-brainer
(with a membership)
Old Nov 26, 21, 4:31 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K, Delta Silver, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Titanium + LT Gold
Originally Posted by mildfrequence View Post
(with a membership)
Or AS lounge passes.

Search this Thread