Search

BofA EQM Promo Miles Have Posted

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2021, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
your post confused me, because in

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33645657-post16.html

it seems you said the opposite:

I ask because when I called in the agent at AS customer service told me the same thing but now they are saying the offer is only for non elites

I assume your original post shouldn’t have the “non” since I receive the offer as an elite (as mentioned in a reply to you up-thread). I have confirmed now that my non-elite wife didn’t receive any email offer. I suspect there will be a lot of disappointed cardholders (who may have read about the offer somewhere). In your case they should give you the EQM since they effectively promised them.
Correct. My first post should have said now they are now saying the offer is only for elites.

I'll take your suggestion call them back and see what they say.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 10:14 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVPG, SPG/Marriott Gold
I just had my first statement close and the EQM posted, although it looks like they are only showing under the "Partner" EQM progress and not on the Alaska progress, meaning the status thresholds are 25k and 50k for MVP and MVP Gold. Is that what others are seeing? I guess I was expecting these to post as Alaska EQM so the lower thresholds applied, but the T&C seem unclear on this point.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by seadan
I just had my first statement close and the EQM posted, although it looks like they are only showing under the "Partner" EQM progress and not on the Alaska progress, meaning the status thresholds are 25k and 50k for MVP and MVP Gold. Is that what others are seeing? I guess I was expecting these to post as Alaska EQM so the lower thresholds applied, but the T&C seem unclear on this point.
There is no difference in thresholds. AAG/MP sees no need to update contradictory information.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...ID:MileagePlan
Old Oct 22, 2021, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by seadan
Originally Posted by flytoeat
There is no difference in thresholds. AAG/MP sees no need to update contradictory information.

Also see yesterday's discussion in BofA EQM Posting as Parter not AS Miles
Old Oct 22, 2021, 12:35 pm
SST

Are you kidding me? I put $10,000+ on my business credit card. NOTHING on my email says the business cards don't count; instead, it says that if you have TWO cards, you can't get more than 20,000. Well, I have TWO cards. I've charged on both. This needs to be addressed better than they have done. How do you think I escalate this? (Just sent a message to customer service at AS, outlining why I think my business spending should count "the rules explicitly contemplate someone with a second card", and we'll see what kind of response I get.)
notquiteaff likes this.

Last edited by SST; Oct 22, 2021 at 12:48 pm
Old Oct 22, 2021, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by SST
Are you kidding me? I put $10,000+ on my business credit card. NOTHING on my email says the business cards don't count; instead, it says that if you have TWO cards, you can't get more than 20,000. Well, I have TWO cards. I've charged on both. This needs to be addressed better than they have done. How do you think I escalate this? (Just sent a message to customer service at AS, outlining why I think my business spending should count "the rules explicitly contemplate someone with a second card", and we'll see what kind of response I get.)

Not trying to defend it (see my earlier post), but I suspect they will say

- offer mentions the “Alaska Airlines Visa® card”, which is the name of the personal card, and the business card is the “Alaska Airlines Visa® Business Card”. (names uses in BofA site via links from AS site)

- offer shows a picture of the personal VISA card

- many people have more than one personal AS VISA card, hence the “multiple card” rule

Again, not defending it. I almost got caught by this. It was dumb luck that I pulled the personal card out of the safe instead of the business version. Even today’s reminder email didn’t clarify this.
anteater likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 4:48 pm

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by SST
Ouch. I felt a gut-punch on your behalf reading this.

This is hardly to the main point, but I think the discussion of "two accounts" is about two AS Mileage Plan accounts, isn't it, not two AS Visa card accounts? From the fine print:

Qualified members can earn 2,500 elite qualifying miles (maximum of 20,000) that count toward elite status qualification if they make any combination of purchase transactions totaling at least $2,500 (exclusive of any fees, including the annual fee, returns and adjustments) that post to an eligible Alaska Airlines Visa card from September 16, 2021 through November 15, 2021. Purchases from different Alaska Airlines accounts cannot be combined to reach the $2,500 threshold. One individual can only earn a maximum of 20,000 elite qualifying miles via this campaign, even if they hold multiple Alaska Airlines Visa cards.

I have two AS Visa cards. How would they be able to decide which card I wanted to use purchases from? Automatically pick the one with the least amount charged? My bonuses still haven't hit yet, though, so maybe I'm in for a nasty surprise too.

Last edited by Ford Fairlane; Oct 22, 2021 at 5:01 pm Reason: Added another sentence from the fine print
Old Oct 22, 2021, 5:12 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
Originally Posted by TheStrangerIn29K
Ouch. I felt a gut-punch on your behalf reading this.

This is hardly to the main point, but I think the discussion of "two accounts" is about two AS Mileage Plan accounts, isn't it, not two AS Visa card accounts? From the fine print:

Qualified members can earn 2,500 elite qualifying miles (maximum of 20,000) that count toward elite status qualification if they make any combination of purchase transactions totaling at least $2,500 (exclusive of any fees, including the annual fee, returns and adjustments) that post to an eligible Alaska Airlines Visa card from September 16, 2021 through November 15, 2021. Purchases from different Alaska Airlines accounts cannot be combined to reach the $2,500 threshold. One individual can only earn a maximum of 20,000 elite qualifying miles via this campaign, even if they hold multiple Alaska Airlines Visa cards.

I have two AS Visa cards. How would they be able to decide which card I wanted to use purchases from? Automatically pick the one with the least amount charged? My bonuses still haven't hit yet, though, so maybe I'm in for a nasty surprise too.
I have a business and personal card, and all miles go to my one AS mileage plan number. I got credit from both when it posted a couple of weeks ago, and I imagine will hit the max 20k on the November statement. As said above you can get from both spends, but the total cannot go past 20,000.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 5:21 pm

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by Waitlisted
I have a business and personal card, and all miles go to my one AS mileage plan number. I got credit from both when it posted a couple of weeks ago, and I imagine will hit the max 20k on the November statement. As said above you can get from both spends, but the total cannot go past 20,000.
I have two AS Visa cards and one AS Business Visa. Purchases from all three are reflected in my posted RDM. But I also took the offer to mean AS Visas, not AS Biz Visas, and therefore put the major purchases on an AS non-Biz Visa. For SST 's sake, I hope you're right about Biz Visa charges also being eligible.

P.S. I do wish AS could refine their fine print before sending out offers. It would save us all a lot of time here. Maybe they should put together a focus group panel from some of the pros on here to review T&C drafts.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheStrangerIn29K

I don’t know why they are talking about combining purchases from different Alaska Airlines accounts since the purchases are from Visa accounts. I think what they are saying is:

personal Card 1: $2,000 charges
personal Card 2: $500 charges

you get no EQMs as the charges don’t combine

personal card 1: $5,001 charges
personal card 2: $14,999 charges

you get 5000 EQM from card 1 and 12,500 EQM from card 2.

personal card 1: $5,000 charges
personal card 2: $20,000 charges

you get 20,000 EQM, not 25,000, because the maximum is 20,000 no matter how many cards you have.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 6:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AS MVP Gold 100K, Hilton Diamond(Amex), Marriott Platinum
My email I received in September did not have the paragraph about credit card spend for EQMs. The one I received today has the "Don’t miss out. Earn 2,500 elite-qualifying miles (EQMs)—the miles that unlock elite status and its perks—for every $2,500 you spend on purchases with your Alaska Airlines Visa® card.*"
which is great as I am 5200 miles short of 100k and wasn't sure if I would have any more flights on Alaska this year. Perfect timing as I was literally getting ready to pay 8k in bills tonight! I think I will have a Colonel Taylor on the rocks to celebrate. :-)
Old Oct 22, 2021, 6:23 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), UA Silver, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by flytoeat

So the weird thing about the "no difference" is that the web site currently shows me at 17541 miles headed for MVP, but the app shows me as 20041 miles and reaching MVP for 2022 (and headed for MVP Gold). It seems like the web site has some anachronistic/out of date information.

It's actually important which is correct as my wife isn't currently MVP but will hit it with the CC bonus before a trip to Raleigh next week - but not if it goes in the "25 K Partner Bucket".

So that info on the web site in "my account" is bogus?

Thanks,

Dave

Last edited by davew-krdm; Oct 22, 2021 at 6:25 pm Reason: Images
Old Oct 22, 2021, 6:42 pm

Well that's gonna hurt me also. I only have the business card and also put 9K spend on it to get me to 75K.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by macmedic
My email I received in September did not have the paragraph about credit card spend for EQMs. The one I received today has the "Don’t miss out. Earn 2,500 elite-qualifying miles (EQMs)—the miles that unlock elite status and its perks—for every $2,500 you spend on purchases with your Alaska Airlines Visa® card.*"
which is great as I am 5200 miles short of 100k and wasn't sure if I would have any more flights on Alaska this year. Perfect timing as I was literally getting ready to pay 8k in bills tonight! I think I will have a Colonel Taylor on the rocks to celebrate. :-)
You probably know this already, but just in case, in addition to 100k EQM you also need 24 AS operated segments in 2021 to qualify for MVPG 100k.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 7:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AS MVP Gold 100K, Hilton Diamond(Amex), Marriott Platinum
Yes, but thanks for the heads up. At 34 AS segments ytd.
notquiteaff likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.