Large Overhead Bins?

Old Jul 11, 2022, 3:11 pm

Programs: Alaska 75k/One World Emerald
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
I have always said that if AS really wanted to incentivize people to gate check their bags, they should offer 2500 miles, $25 credit vouchers, or (even better) cash to get volunteers!
The fact that they make this announcement on pretty much every flight gives people incentive to cheat the system as it is. I can't tell you how many people I've seen take grossly oversized bags through security, including full-size suitcases, only to rush them up to the GA when they ask for volunteers. I can't imagine how bad it would get if they actually got compensated.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SeaLuggageLover
The fact that they make this announcement on pretty much every flight gives people incentive to cheat the system as it is. I can't tell you how many people I've seen take grossly oversized bags through security, including full-size suitcases, only to rush them up to the GA when they ask for volunteers. I can't imagine how bad it would get if they actually got compensated.
I saw someone try to get away with that on an AA flight a couple of weeks ago. The GA said, that's not a carry on, so there's a $30 fee.
Buster CT1K likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 8:27 am

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I saw someone try to get away with that on an AA flight a couple of weeks ago. The GA said, that's not a carry on, so there's a $30 fee.
I saw that on an AS flight pre-covid, felt like cheering!
Buster CT1K and be_rettSEA like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.