Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

MVP Gold 100K Tier - Features and Benefits (Pre-Launch)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 16, 2021, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DeltaFlyingProf
  • Requirements:
    100k Eligible miles earned on Alaska Airlines, oneworld Alliance and our Global Partners
    or 140 Eligible segments flown on Alaska Airlines, oneworld Alliance and our Global Partners
    24 minimum number of flights marketed and operated by Alaska Airlines
  • Flight Benefits:
    Elite bonus miles: 150%

First Class upgrades at the time of booking: Y, B, H, K or M fares
    Premium Class upgrades at the time of booking: All fares except Saver fares
    First and Premium Class upgrades on Alaska non-qualifying fares: 120 hours (Highest waitlist priority)
    Companion upgrades to First Class
    Companion upgrades to Premium Class

First Class guest upgrades (max. 4 per year)
    International upgrade certificates on American Airlines: 2 One-way
  • Airport benefits:
    Priority check-in and boarding
    Free checked bags: 3
    Preferred seating
    Express security line at select airports
    Standby and wait list for full flights
    Alaska Lounge membership discount
    Four Alaska Lounge day passes (max. 4 per year)
  • oneworld priority
    Emerald
More MVP Gold 100K benefits to come.

MVP Gold 100K will launch by the end of January 2021.

Notes:
  • It seems the 24 AS segments required will not include the rollover of AS segments from 2020 for qualification based on 2021 flying. Though notequiteaff reports that the twitter team said they do in post 154, an email reported by tonylop33 in post 178 indicates otherwise. Given that the email is from the director of the loyalty program management, it is safer to assume that only 2021 AS segments will count.
  • Since December 12 2021, the full website of Alaska shows the number of EQMs, the number of segments on partner airlines and Alaska, and a separate count of Alaska marketed and operated flights.
Print Wikipost

MVP Gold 100K Tier - Features and Benefits (Pre-Launch)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2021, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
I don’t see anything in the app relating to my status. That part has gone away it looks like inside the app
Tap your name in the upper left of the home page. They hid your account info there so they could make room on the home page to sell you things.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 8:19 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
FWIW, I found it in the app. I had to click the “good evening” button in the top left corner to show everything. I have 16 AS segments so I guess I need 8 more and with the 50% that’s only 4. Time to book some Alaska flights
Old Sep 16, 2021, 8:30 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
FWIW, I found it in the app. I had to click the “good evening” button in the top left corner to show everything. I have 16 AS segments so I guess I need 8 more and with the 50% that’s only 4. Time to book some Alaska flights
I think you're confused...

You need 24 segments for 100k. If you're thinking the 50% bonus applies to EQS, that's incorrect, it's only towards EQM.
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 8:35 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by NoLaGent

You need 24 segments for 100k. If you're thinking the 50% bonus applies to EQS, that's incorrect, it's only towards EQM.
Not that it matters, but even if it did apply, his math was wrong .
985X likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by NoLaGent

Thanks for that you’re right. My mistake, guess it’s time to book a bunch of connections up and down the west coast.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by eddiehuang97
check your mobile app. Looks like the qualifying criteria are updated in the app but not on the website. Just typical AS IT stuff
I just pulled up my AS app, and I am seeing 33 segments for both "Alaska segments (required)" and "Total Alaska and/or partner segments" - Android app.

I know how many A/S segments and partner segments I have flown (from my own record keeping), but there doesn't look to be a way to tell either from the Android app or on the website.

Originally Posted by dayone
"MVP Gold 100K will launch by the end of January 2022."
Thanks. This has been made clear to me, twice.

My question has not answered on the referenced AS landing page:

1a) If someone has already cleared 100K in 2021, do those folks earn 100K tier at the end of January 2022?

1b) If the answer to 1a) is no, then does everyone need to earn 100K from scratch next year? I don't see another year of rollover provisions in the communication I have received from AS today.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 9:23 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
Originally Posted by hdvargas1

And while 100K gets 150% elite bonus miles and Gold 75K gets 125% elite bonus miles, only Gold 75K get 50K qualification bonus miles.
So at the risk of looking like an idiot, I’ve been either a gold or 75k every year for at least two decades but never paid too much attention to it as I always make it. So to clarify, I am a 75k right now, if I fly say PDX/PSP in main cabin which is 873 air miles, then I get 125% of that PLUS the 50% bonus? Or, if in main cabin (actually upgraded to premium at booking as a 75k) I get the 873 plus 50%? I’m trying to figure out where I will end up with 10 legs booked between now and the end of the year. (Thanks in advance).
Old Sep 16, 2021, 9:27 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
Where are people seeing this 2,500 EQM per $2500 spend offer? I have the personal Alaska Signature Visa. I'm sitting at just north of 75k right now with 17 Alaska segments and another 9k EQM booked on American. The EQM for spend offer is probably the difference between getting 100k or not. FWIW I received the "Update: Your elite status and looking ahead to 2022." My SO received the "Update: You've reached MVP Gold 100K status!" email sitting at 53 Alaska segments and ~130k EQM this year...
Old Sep 16, 2021, 9:37 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Repooc17
If someone has already cleared 100K in 2021, do those folks earn 100K tier at the end of January 2022?
Originally Posted by simonsuo
no more questions, 2021 activities count for 2022 100k
and

"Members earning more than 100,000 elite-qualifying miles, with a minimum of 24 segments on Alaska in 2021 will be eligible to enjoy MVP Gold 100K benefits after the new tier launches next year."
Repooc17 likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Repooc17
I just pulled up my AS app, and I am seeing 33 segments for both "Alaska segments (required)" and "Total Alaska and/or partner segments" - Android app.

I know how many A/S segments and partner segments I have flown (from my own record keeping), but there doesn't look to be a way to tell either from the Android app or on the website.
My Android app (updated 10 mins ago) shows

17 Alaska segments (required) (and below it “0 at 60 segments”, whatever that means)
17 Total Alaska and/or partner segments (below it “MVPG at 60 segments”)

This appears to be wrong. According to my records, this year (2021j I had 4 AS segments and 6 AA segments. Last year (rollover) I had 7 AS segments. This adds up to 17 total segments, but I didn’t have 17 Alaska segments (either this year or 2020 rollover + 2021 YTD).

My iOS app (updated 5 days ago, no newer version available for me) shows

4 Alaska segments (required) (and below it “MVPG at 4 segments” and the progress bar is 100% complete)
17 Total Alaska and/or partner segments (below it “MVPG at 60 segments”)

Bottom line: they still have some work to do. The 17 segments seem to indicate that rollover segments count towards qualification requirements, so my seven 2020 AS segments and my four 2021 AS segments might count towards the 24 AS segments requirement for 100k. Or maybe not. Hard to plan for the rest of the year without them posting clear data and info.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by BrewerSEA
Where are people seeing this 2,500 EQM per $2500 spend offer? I have the personal Alaska Signature Visa. I'm sitting at just north of 75k right now with 17 Alaska segments and another 9k EQM booked on American. The EQM for spend offer is probably the difference between getting 100k or not. FWIW I received the "Update: Your elite status and looking ahead to 2022."
It’s in that email, but apparently not for everyone (many reports from people getting a different email. Mine looks like this:

FlyerDigits likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by BrewerSEA
Where are people seeing this 2,500 EQM per $2500 spend offer?
For me it's in the second paragraph (edit: the second bullet point) of the email received today with the subject line, "Update: Your elite status and more ways to continue earning elite-qualifying miles."

I read somewhere today that the messages are not all the same but I don't know how they targeted the messages.

I am just under 70K EQM, have more than 24 segments this year, personal card.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 10:02 pm
Community Director Emerita

My husband got the $2500 spend for 2500 EQMs offer. I did not. We are both MVP75G. We both have our own AS credit cards. I'm perplexed.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 10:06 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
I don’t know how many Alaska segments I flew in 2020 and 2021. Where can I see that? It just says 107,000 elite qualifying miles
Look in website
Account, "Mileage Activity".
Select "past 24 months"

Last edited by PaperGlider; Sep 16, 2021 at 10:09 pm Reason: added "website" to distinguish from mobile app and reduce confusion
Old Sep 16, 2021, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
It’s in that email, but apparently not for everyone (many reports from people getting a different email. Mine looks like this:

Hi Oliver,
this is exactly the email I got too. I have 107k elite qualifying miles but only 16 Alaska segments so I suppose that email is sent out to those of us who need more AS segments to get the 100k tier
tonylop33 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.