Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

MVP Gold 100K Tier - Features and Benefits (Pre-Launch)

Old Sep 16, 2021, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DeltaFlyingProf
  • Requirements:
    100k Eligible miles earned on Alaska Airlines, oneworld Alliance and our Global Partners
    or 140 Eligible segments flown on Alaska Airlines, oneworld Alliance and our Global Partners
    24 minimum number of flights marketed and operated by Alaska Airlines
  • Flight Benefits:
    Elite bonus miles: 150%

First Class upgrades at the time of booking: Y, B, H, K or M fares
    Premium Class upgrades at the time of booking: All fares except Saver fares
    First and Premium Class upgrades on Alaska non-qualifying fares: 120 hours (Highest waitlist priority)
    Companion upgrades to First Class
    Companion upgrades to Premium Class

First Class guest upgrades (max. 4 per year)
    International upgrade certificates on American Airlines: 2 One-way
  • Airport benefits:
    Priority check-in and boarding
    Free checked bags: 3
    Preferred seating
    Express security line at select airports
    Standby and wait list for full flights
    Alaska Lounge membership discount
    Four Alaska Lounge day passes (max. 4 per year)
  • oneworld priority
    Emerald
More MVP Gold 100K benefits to come.

MVP Gold 100K will launch by the end of January 2021.

Notes:
  • It seems the 24 AS segments required will not include the rollover of AS segments from 2020 for qualification based on 2021 flying. Though notequiteaff reports that the twitter team said they do in post 154, an email reported by tonylop33 in post 178 indicates otherwise. Given that the email is from the director of the loyalty program management, it is safer to assume that only 2021 AS segments will count.
  • Since December 12 2021, the full website of Alaska shows the number of EQMs, the number of segments on partner airlines and Alaska, and a separate count of Alaska marketed and operated flights.
Print Wikipost

MVP Gold 100K Tier - Features and Benefits (Pre-Launch)

Old Sep 16, 2021, 4:38 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
I think most are missing the real kicker here: Once 100K kicks in, I'm willing to bet EXPs will get upgraded before 75K. As an AA PP I can tell you first hand there are a ton of EXPs, and AS F cabins aren't that large. I suspect upgrade rates for 75Ks are going to plummet as business travel returns....
rucksack likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 4:45 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Moderator Note

A proactive request: Lots of changes and news, so lots of discussion. Before you post, please check that your post is on-topic for the thread. True for all threads, but especially this thread. Thanks.

dayone, AS Moderator
Old Sep 16, 2021, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
AS says qualification for 100K starts next year. What do people having made 100K this year get?
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 4:47 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by Repooc17
AS says qualification for 100K starts next year. What do people having made 100K this year get?
Nope; qualification starts this year. Benefits start next year.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 4:49 pm

MVP Gold 100K will launch by end of January 2022.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 4:56 pm

For west coast based flyers 24 segments might actually be easier than I thought. AS seems to love pushing things through SEA now even for west coast flights. So maybe I'll just add 5-6 short hops by connecting in SEA (getting 10-12 segments) and hit that magic 100k tier.
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 5:01 pm

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
Originally Posted by clarrkkent

Can anyone that received 100K status chime in with whether they completed all segments and miles in the 2021 year without rollover or with rollover?

Just a DP: I had 30 flights with AS in 2020 (Sept-Oct), so zero rollover for me. I also have 55 flights with AS so far this year (April-August), and I received 100K email this noon.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by olouie
With the close partnership (and guessing eventual merger) AS is just going to mirror AA elite tiers soon. 75k is Platinum Pro and 100k is EXP.
Ordinarily my reaction to this would be "when pigs fly," but maybe Doug Parker's strategy of running AA into the ground is actually a brilliant scheme to get regulators to approve a merger between Alaska and poor old American
Old Sep 16, 2021, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Am I missing something? The page does not indicate anything for those having already earned the "100K" tier this year.
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 5:26 pm

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
Most disappointing thing for me is the 12 segment requirement for 75K going forward from 2022+; I live in SJU now and mainly fly internationally or SJU-MIA-JFK/DFW/LAS/BOS. I'll probably try to do a few segment runs per year and can try to find AS transcons instead of AA, but the current schedule makes that difficult and expensive. I discovered I like Hawaii and Alaska a lot, so a trip or two to each each year should be enough, just annoying.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 5:33 pm

Am I missing something? The page does not indicate anything for those having already earned the "100K" tier this year.
"MVP Gold 100K will launch by the end of January 2022."
anteater likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 5:56 pm

Programs: ASMVP100K, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by General99
alaska had the chance to make the 100k tier good. They severely messed up. The tier is awful. Its honestly worse than other top tiers and those airlines have another tier above their top tier, have way more members, a better route network.

They could have just done a choice benfits like this

You get to pick 3 things

1) a lounge membership
2) 2 aa SWU
3) 30k RDM
4) 4 GGus
5) a 300 dollar credit
6) a certificate to open up award or upgrade space
The elite status page states additional benefits will be announced in 2022, for 2023. I think it's quite possible they did this on purpose to dilute benefits offered to people who took advantage of the pandemic (which will likely include me) to get to 100k. As long as AS states more to come, imo it's early to claim it's a mistake, and if anything, could be a good move for the "true" 100k fliers, if the additional benefits include say, guaranteed upgrade certificates.

That said, I agree with you, as is, 100k is pretty weak compared to other programs. However, if it does truly stay like this, I wonder how much it really matters for AS and 100k fliers. MVP Gold and 75k are still pretty rewarding. For the people who previously got more than 100k miles on AS, they obviously didn't care about 100k benefits, because they didn't exist. From this perspective, 100k is really a way to reward 75ks who travel the most with higher upgrade priority. The question is if AS is leaving too many customers on the table, maybe it's something they'll know by 2022.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 5:59 pm

Programs: Yes
I am also disappointed there’s no pre-boarding as a benefit when the tier launches.
wanderlust4life and zdfld like this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 6:46 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
Time will tell if this new 100K level snack benefit will actually deliver a snack in F on the SFO-LAX route.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 6:51 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
24 segments and assuming that most long-hauls on Alaska are just shy of 2,600 miles - 24 puts you at 62,400 miles butt-in-seat.

Hopefully this means NO more status matching to top tier (100K) and a true reward for those of us who fly AS more than any other airline.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.