Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

MVP Gold 100K Tier - Features and Benefits (Pre-Launch)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 16, 2021, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DeltaFlyingProf
  • Requirements:
    100k Eligible miles earned on Alaska Airlines, oneworld Alliance and our Global Partners
    or 140 Eligible segments flown on Alaska Airlines, oneworld Alliance and our Global Partners
    24 minimum number of flights marketed and operated by Alaska Airlines
  • Flight Benefits:
    Elite bonus miles: 150%

First Class upgrades at the time of booking: Y, B, H, K or M fares
    Premium Class upgrades at the time of booking: All fares except Saver fares
    First and Premium Class upgrades on Alaska non-qualifying fares: 120 hours (Highest waitlist priority)
    Companion upgrades to First Class
    Companion upgrades to Premium Class

First Class guest upgrades (max. 4 per year)
    International upgrade certificates on American Airlines: 2 One-way
  • Airport benefits:
    Priority check-in and boarding
    Free checked bags: 3
    Preferred seating
    Express security line at select airports
    Standby and wait list for full flights
    Alaska Lounge membership discount
    Four Alaska Lounge day passes (max. 4 per year)
  • oneworld priority
    Emerald
More MVP Gold 100K benefits to come.

MVP Gold 100K will launch by the end of January 2021.

Notes:
  • It seems the 24 AS segments required will not include the rollover of AS segments from 2020 for qualification based on 2021 flying. Though notequiteaff reports that the twitter team said they do in post 154, an email reported by tonylop33 in post 178 indicates otherwise. Given that the email is from the director of the loyalty program management, it is safer to assume that only 2021 AS segments will count.
  • Since December 12 2021, the full website of Alaska shows the number of EQMs, the number of segments on partner airlines and Alaska, and a separate count of Alaska marketed and operated flights.
Print Wikipost

MVP Gold 100K Tier - Features and Benefits (Pre-Launch)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2021, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rucksack
The bigger factor, in my opinion, is that AS doesn't give bonus elite qualifying miles for paid First fares. This is how many people earn top elite status on other airlines.
AS gives EQM bonuses for paid F. I got a bunch of them the first part of the year when the difference between Main and First on a RT was less the cost of a bag one way.

J = 100% bonus
C=75% bonus
D or I = 50% bonus
Y or B = 50% bonus in a Main seat.
H or K = 25% bonus in a Main seat.

I even got a bunch of them this past week when I flew a ticket purchased with Chase points, which count as paid fares on the AS end of things.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 3:12 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by ASA_1
I hit 100k miles and the 24 segments through a combo of 2021 flying and carryover form 2020. Does that make me eligible for the 100k status in 2022? Or is literally 2021 flying only that qualifies?
I think the miles count, but the segments do not. I have 100k+ miles from flying this year and rollover. I have 44 segments, but only 11 from this year and have not been given 100k. The minimum segments is the new qualifier, so I suspect that is the limiting factor.

Looks like a few others here have gotten 100K status already, so maybe they can chime in with their 2021 segments and actual miles flown to give us an idea if 100K is only achievable through 2021 activity (not rollover).
lensovet likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by chrisl137
AS gives EQM bonuses for paid F. I got a bunch of them the first part of the year when the difference between Main and First on a RT was less the cost of a bag one way.

J = 100% bonus
C=75% bonus
D or I = 50% bonus
Y or B = 50% bonus in a Main seat.
H or K = 25% bonus in a Main seat.

I even got a bunch of them this past week when I flew a ticket purchased with Chase points, which count as paid fares on the AS end of things.
Ah, thanks! I had interpreted those as bonuses for redeemable miles.
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 3:13 pm

While I'm at 34 segments (48 including the carryover from last year) and just a little under 75K.

The segment count is to incentivize flying AS domestically, rather than using it as a place for non-AS flyers to bank miles.
Which I totally get. But also this is still covid times and AS cancelled or changed over a dozen of my flights to year to the point of where it just didn't make sense to fly them (you know changing a 5 hour transcon into a 2 day 2 stop flight isnt exactly how you retain customers haha). For 2022 flying 24 segments really isn't too bad, but implementing that during the 3 months left of 2021 is a bit much for me.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 3:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Kacee
It would be insane for AS to put 75K behind CK/EXP.
no it wouldn't because it would be true reciprocity. I am sure 100ks would like to be ahead of platinum pro.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rucksack
Ah, thanks! I had interpreted those as bonuses for redeemable miles.
You get it for both, while status-related bonuses are just for RDM.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 3:24 pm

Programs: AS, HHonors
Originally Posted by clarrkkent
I think the miles count, but the segments do not. I have 100k+ miles from flying this year and rollover. I have 44 segments, but only 11 from this year and have not been given 100k. The minimum segments is the new qualifier, so I suspect that is the limiting factor.

Looks like a few others here have gotten 100K status already, so maybe they can chime in with their 2021 segments and actual miles flown to give us an idea if 100K is only achievable through 2021 activity (not rollover).
How do you know how many segments are from this year/rollover? My Alaska app shows 24 Alaska segments (required) and 100,032 Alaska miles. It looks like I would just qualify, not sure if these numbers include rollover though - I didn’t receive an email for 100k.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by olouie
Which I totally get. But also this is still covid times and AS cancelled or changed over a dozen of my flights to year to the point of where it just didn't make sense to fly them (you know changing a 5 hour transcon into a 2 day 2 stop flight isnt exactly how you retain customers haha). For 2022 flying 24 segments really isn't too bad, but implementing that during the 3 months left of 2021 is a bit much for me.
It was a bad year if you normally depend on AS for transcon. I do at least one up the coast RT personal trip and normally one business transcon RT a month. We weren't flying for work til midyear, and I've only had a couple of trips (one DL, one AA) since we restarted, so I've done all the miles and segments between LA and PDX, with some connections through SEA thrown in. 100K doesn't really get you a whole lot over 75K, anyway. Flying out of LA as an MVPG I almost always get upgraded, even flights to/from SEA.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 3:32 pm

It was a bad year if you normally depend on AS for transcon. I do at least one up the coast RT personal trip and normally one business transcon RT a month. We weren't flying for work til midyear, and I've only had a couple of trips (one DL, one AA) since we restarted, so I've done all the miles and segments between LA and PDX, with some connections through SEA thrown in. 100K doesn't really get you a whole lot over 75K, anyway. Flying out of LA as an MVPG I almost always get upgraded, even flights to/from SEA.
Yeah its really really hard to do AS transcon now with the very poor schedules and no lie flats. But I did love AS service before so was trying to give them my business. But I think 75k is good enough and thats pretty easy on a few international business trips with random west coast flying in the mix. And the rest of my business will just stay with AA (or maybe move to UA *shutter*). Thats probably 8-10 transcons a year that AS won't get, but Im guessing Im not their target customer for 100k.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 3:38 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Adding the 100k status early is an unpublished takeaway from 75k. Not happy about being demoted on the upgrade list.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by The Mileage Millionaire
Adding the 100k status early is an unpublished takeaway from 75k. Not happy about being demoted on the upgrade list.
With the close partnership (and guessing eventual merger) AS is just going to mirror AA elite tiers soon. 75k is Platinum Pro and 100k is EXP.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 4:16 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, VA Platinum, HA Platinum, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Sea Trips
How do you know how many segments are from this year/rollover? My Alaska app shows 24 Alaska segments (required) and 100,032 Alaska miles. It looks like I would just qualify, not sure if these numbers include rollover though - I didn’t receive an email for 100k.
Same here! Would be great to have official clarification on this. According to the app, I have 38 segments on Alaska and 123K miles on Alaska/partner and I didn’t receive the congrats language in the email blast that some others have. I don’t know what I’ve done in 2021 only but I guess I can call and ask what are my totals for just this year and not rollover. It seems that it’s only counting 2021 and not what you have showing on your app since that includes roll over. Or maybe it’s segments have to be from 2021, but why roll them over into one status bar this year like they did with miles. Really confused. Starting to even think it’s only BIS miles and not EQM bonuses counted as well.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 4:20 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by Sea Trips
I just counted the segments for the flights I took this year on AS. Since it was only 11, not like it was difficult. I show 44 segments for this year under the "Total Alaska and/or partners miles". I didn't fly any other carriers last year so it just seems they dumped the 33 rollover segments into the "other/partner" bucket.

My AS status bar also shows "11 Alaska Segments (Required)". If yours is saying 24, it would appear you've met that requirement. Perhaps it's a slow rollout for 100K or maybe 100k status is only for 2021 activity (flights and segments).

Can anyone that received 100K status chime in with whether they completed all segments and miles in the 2021 year without rollover or with rollover?
Old Sep 16, 2021, 4:22 pm

olouie I can't even bring myself to tap the quote button for your merger speculation. That would make me so sad.
Nevsky, jiburi, olouie and 6 others like this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 4:25 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by ASA_1
I hit 100k miles and the 24 segments through a combo of 2021 flying and carryover form 2020. Does that make me eligible for the 100k status in 2022? Or is literally 2021 flying only that qualifies?
Originally Posted by Noahf989
Received the welcome email, to be honest this is a bit weak for 100K tier with nothing much added on.

But they make sure that International Business class alone wouldn't be able to reach 100K easily with 24 segments requirements so that should limit the people (and better chance to upgrade since likely you will be the only 100K on waitlist if any?).

Would like to see more lounge passes issued but if International travel return the SWU on AA could be of great use.
Originally Posted by simonsuo
no more questions, 2021 activities count for 2022 100k

email screenshot
I am soon to be in the same boat as ASA_1 Did anyone who got the welcome email to the 100k status get fewer than 24 AS flight in 2021 but reach 24 with the carryover? I have 6 AS segments that should carry over but if they do not, I can take an extra trip to reach that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.