Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

MVP Gold 100K Tier - Features and Benefits (Pre-Launch)

Old Sep 16, 2021, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DeltaFlyingProf
  • Requirements:
    100k Eligible miles earned on Alaska Airlines, oneworld Alliance and our Global Partners
    or 140 Eligible segments flown on Alaska Airlines, oneworld Alliance and our Global Partners
    24 minimum number of flights marketed and operated by Alaska Airlines
  • Flight Benefits:
    Elite bonus miles: 150%

First Class upgrades at the time of booking: Y, B, H, K or M fares
    Premium Class upgrades at the time of booking: All fares except Saver fares
    First and Premium Class upgrades on Alaska non-qualifying fares: 120 hours (Highest waitlist priority)
    Companion upgrades to First Class
    Companion upgrades to Premium Class

First Class guest upgrades (max. 4 per year)
    International upgrade certificates on American Airlines: 2 One-way
  • Airport benefits:
    Priority check-in and boarding
    Free checked bags: 3
    Preferred seating
    Express security line at select airports
    Standby and wait list for full flights
    Alaska Lounge membership discount
    Four Alaska Lounge day passes (max. 4 per year)
  • oneworld priority
    Emerald
More MVP Gold 100K benefits to come.

MVP Gold 100K will launch by the end of January 2021.

Notes:
  • It seems the 24 AS segments required will not include the rollover of AS segments from 2020 for qualification based on 2021 flying. Though notequiteaff reports that the twitter team said they do in post 154, an email reported by tonylop33 in post 178 indicates otherwise. Given that the email is from the director of the loyalty program management, it is safer to assume that only 2021 AS segments will count.
  • Since December 12 2021, the full website of Alaska shows the number of EQMs, the number of segments on partner airlines and Alaska, and a separate count of Alaska marketed and operated flights.
Print Wikipost

MVP Gold 100K Tier - Features and Benefits (Pre-Launch)

Old Jan 21, 2022, 8:07 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by SOCguy
100Ks will be welcomed to board with First Class).
Sounds good. Million Milers too or ahead of? And AA Executive Platinums?

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...arding-process
Old Jan 21, 2022, 9:22 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, AGR S+
Originally Posted by vanillabean
Sounds good. Million Milers too or ahead of? And AA Executive Platinums?

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...arding-process
Unfortunately I don't have an answer to that. I suspect there are no other changes apart from the addition of 100Ks to an existing boarding group (First Class) but don't have first hand knowledge.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 9:31 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k - UA Premier Gold - AA Platinum Pro
Seems like a decent perk.. However, with as many entitled 75k's as I see swarming the GA and trying to sneak in with FC already, I'm not sure much will change.
anteater and mtofell like this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 9:57 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by ShutUpDonnie
Seems like a decent perk.. However, with as many entitled 75k's as I see swarming the GA and trying to sneak in with FC already, I'm not sure much will change.
Seems like an excellent time to pound on Alaska to make sure the gate agent turns away individuals whose group doesn't quite yet qualify them to board.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 9:59 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Seems like an excellent time to pound on Alaska to make sure the gate agent turns away individuals whose group doesn't quite yet qualify them to board.
100% agree. There’s no doubt that it would cause a little delay initially, but there’s no reason the scanners can’t be programmed to not accept a boarding pass if a group hasn’t been called. Hopefully, people would catch on to it pretty quickly and the problem would die out.
Seat 2A and ShutUpDonnie like this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 10:09 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k - UA Premier Gold - AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
100% agree. There’s no doubt that it would cause a little delay initially, but there’s no reason the scanners can’t be programmed to not accept a boarding pass if a group hasn’t been called. Hopefully, people would catch on to it pretty quickly and the problem would die out.
Exactly. As much as I hate the "free for all" feeling/nature of Southwest, you have to hand it to them.. If you're not in the right spot in the line, you're not getting on the damn plane!!

I think if strongly implemented from the outset, it would become normal and solve itself very soon.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 12:06 pm

Programs: AS 75K
I'm sure they'll get right on that..... at the same time they stop the nomads from bringing everything in the world they own with them!

Old Jan 21, 2022, 12:09 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by SOCguy
100Ks will be welcomed to board with First Class (once the CSAs get notified and receive new scripts).
My condolences to F passengers flying between SEA and LAX on a weekday on an A321.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
My goodness! Y'all're more anxious than a bunch of cats at feeding time If I remember correctly, the memos indicated a launch date in "late" January. Patience, Grasshoppers...

That said - a quick question (apologies if I missed the answer somewhere back in the depths of this thread)

Is 100K status based upon *actual* miles flown - or - would it be based upon the enhanced status totals afforded Mileage Plan members throughout last year? In other words, if someone only flew 80000 actual flight miles but was awarded 100000+ status miles, would they be eligible for 100K status?
Old Jan 21, 2022, 4:18 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
^ yup. (along with 24 segments on AS)
FlyerDigits likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Interesting. I flew 107260 actual miles on Alaska in 2021 and was awarded over 175000 status miles. That said, unlike some here, I have received exactly zero emails from Alaska alluding to potential 100K status or benefits.

I'm not overly concerned. The less email I get, the better. Should 100K arrive and for whatever reason I'm not included, I'll give Alaska a call and see what's up.
DUT and tobikosan like this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 4:48 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
I'm flying LAX-SFO-SEA-DEN on Jan. 29. I AM like a cat at feeding time. Give me my treats!
Old Jan 21, 2022, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by ShutUpDonnie
Exactly. As much as I hate the "free for all" feeling/nature of Southwest, you have to hand it to them.. If you're not in the right spot in the line, you're not getting on the damn plane!!

I think if strongly implemented from the outset, it would become normal and solve itself very soon.
While I would rather stick knitting needles in my eyes than to fly WN, I think their boarding process is very orderly.
ssk244 and mtofell like this.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 7:06 am

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Originally Posted by pmblinn
While I would rather stick knitting needles in my eyes than to fly WN, I think their boarding process is very orderly.
it’s literally orderly if people are able to count and know the order of the alphabet.

prior to AS starting directs to MKE and other mid cons used to be companion level on WN annually. The “orderly” process was alright in the gates but could breakdown after as seats and overhead cattle call self selection as the seat saving random process was exhausting.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 9:33 am

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
AS12 Today the FA had no idea what the 100k snack program was. She said they hadnt recieved any info about it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.