Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

MVP Gold 100K Tier - Features and Benefits (Pre-Launch)

MVP Gold 100K Tier - Features and Benefits (Pre-Launch)

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 14, 21, 11:04 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: DeltaFlyingProf
Wiki Link
  • Requirements:
    100k Eligible miles earned on Alaska Airlines, oneworld Alliance and our Global Partners
    or 140 Eligible segments flown on Alaska Airlines, oneworld Alliance and our Global Partners
    24 minimum number of flights marketed and operated by Alaska Airlines
  • Flight Benefits:
    Elite bonus miles: 150%

First Class upgrades at the time of booking: Y, B, H, K or M fares
    Premium Class upgrades at the time of booking: All fares except Saver fares
    First and Premium Class upgrades on Alaska non-qualifying fares: 120 hours (Highest waitlist priority)
    Companion upgrades to First Class
    Companion upgrades to Premium Class

First Class guest upgrades (max. 4 per year)
    International upgrade certificates on American Airlines: 2 One-way
  • Airport benefits:
    Priority check-in and boarding
    Free checked bags: 3
    Preferred seating
    Express security line at select airports
    Standby and wait list for full flights
    Alaska Lounge membership discount
    Four Alaska Lounge day passes (max. 4 per year)
  • oneworld priority
    Emerald
More MVP Gold 100K benefits to come.

MVP Gold 100K will launch by the end of January 2021.

Notes:
  • It seems the 24 AS segments required will not include the rollover of AS segments from 2020 for qualification based on 2021 flying. Though notequiteaff reports that the twitter team said they do in post 154, an email reported by tonylop33 in post 178 indicates otherwise. Given that the email is from the director of the loyalty program management, it is safer to assume that only 2021 AS segments will count.
  • Since December 12 2021, the full website of Alaska shows the number of EQMs, the number of segments on partner airlines and Alaska, and a separate count of Alaska marketed and operated flights.
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 16, 21, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I'm at 80k. Not enough incentives with that new level to make me run for it.

So far as I see the differentiation is:
  • higher on upgrade list
  • snack in Y
  • another AA SWU
  • 25% more RDM
Is that it?
ftv, be_rettSEA and anteater like this.
Old Sep 16, 21, 1:49 pm
ftv

Programs: AS MVP 75K, F9 100K, Hilton Gold, Choice Gold, Former DL Plat, UA 1K
100K weak and disppointing

It takes more than low level MVP to get to the 100K tier, yet no Lounge? No coterminal SDC or even Same Day Stabd By? Extra Lounge passes at least? Nope.
Old Sep 16, 21, 1:51 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, WN A-list, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Received the welcome email, to be honest this is a bit weak for 100K tier with nothing much added on.

But they make sure that International Business class alone wouldn't be able to reach 100K easily with 24 segments requirements so that should limit the people (and better chance to upgrade since likely you will be the only 100K on waitlist if any?).

Would like to see more lounge passes issued but if International travel return the SWU on AA could be of great use.
Old Sep 16, 21, 1:52 pm

I hit 100k miles and the 24 segments through a combo of 2021 flying and carryover form 2020. Does that make me eligible for the 100k status in 2022? Or is literally 2021 flying only that qualifies?
Old Sep 16, 21, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by bmvaughn View Post

• higher on upgrade list
  • snack in Y
  • another AA SWU
  • 25% more RDM
Is that it?
I'm in the same boat. 76k right now but I can put 20k spend on my Alaska card to get another 20k. At that point I'll just make a mileage run for the last 5k for the heck of it.
Old Sep 16, 21, 1:54 pm
Suspended

alaska had the chance to make the 100k tier good. They severely messed up. The tier is awful. Its honestly worse than other top tiers and those airlines have another tier above their top tier, have way more members, a better route network.

They could have just done a choice benfits like this

You get to pick 3 things

1) a lounge membership
2) 2 aa SWU
3) 30k RDM
4) 4 GGus
5) a 300 dollar credit
6) a certificate to open up award or upgrade space
Old Sep 16, 21, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some of the footnotes still refer to status achieved by nomination, so dropping the MVP nomination may be an oversight on the web page.
Old Sep 16, 21, 1:56 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat Ambassador, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
It doesn't mention upgrade priority on AA, in January we have this 100k, does it mean 100k will upgrade before Plat.Pro, after EP and CK?
Old Sep 16, 21, 1:56 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by General99 View Post
alaska had the chance to make the 100k tier good. They severely messed up. The tier is awful. Its honestly worse than other top tiers and those airlines have another tier above their top tier, have way more members, a better route network.

They could have just done a choice benfits like this

You get to pick 3 things

1) a lounge membership
2) 2 aa SWU
3) 30k RDM
4) 4 GGus
5) a 300 dollar credit
6) a certificate to open up award or upgrade space
They can't follow the same model because Alaska's margins are lower for their leisure-heavy frequent fliers -- the other airlines have EQD/MQD/PQD requirements, and their miles given out are all spend-based. Alaska gives redeemable miles based on distance flown, and also elite miles based on that. Something's gotta give.
jiburi, kirker, jona970318 and 3 others like this.
Old Sep 16, 21, 1:57 pm
Suspended

2 questions

will this 100k tier beat platinum pros for upgrades on AA, I assume the idea with these cross carrier upgrades is your directly behind the corresponding tier.

Will Alaska status challenge to 100k? I assume they will, all the other US airlines do for other top tiers.
Old Sep 16, 21, 1:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by keitherson View Post
They can't follow the same model because Alaska's margins are lower for their leisure-heavy frequent fliers -- the other airlines have EQD/MQD/PQD requirements, and their miles given out are all spend-based. Alaska gives redeemable miles based on distance flown, and also elite miles based on that. Something's gotta give.
the give is they require a ton of segments on alaska metal, they dont have lie flats AND the biggest one is their not a big carrier. Their longest flight is like 3k miles, it might even be shorter.
Old Sep 16, 21, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
If the benefit of nominating someone to MVP when you reach MVP Gold 75k just went away, that's a big bummer
notquiteaff and jona970318 like this.
Old Sep 16, 21, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by simonsuo View Post
am i misunderstanding it or do we need to wait for the announcement, the 100k status will be available in 2022 January, but it doesn't say if I have 100k EQM in 2021 will earn me the 100k status in 2022, or, one need to magically fly 100k EQM in 2022 January to be among the first 100k members.
Other than that, a little disappointed, at least 75k should have 2 one-way AA SWU, and 100k have 4. Only 1 for 75k just feels weird.
Same fares as 75k for a confirmed First class at booking? please, give at least 1 more fare class.
Choice benefits seem like a thing, and AS doesn't pick that up, mainly to uphold their AL $450/600 fee increase?
email:

Members earning more than 100,000 elite-qualifying miles, with a minimum of 24 segments on Alaska in 2021 will be eligible to enjoy MVP Gold 100K benefits after the new tier launches next year.
simonsuo likes this.
Old Sep 16, 21, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bmvaughn View Post

• higher on upgrade list
  • snack in Y
  • another AA SWU
  • 25% more RDM
Is that it?
I'm currently booked to hit around 83K miles by the end of the year, maybe 87 if I book my holiday travel on AA, but there's not enough of a jump in benefits to make 100K worth being a target, especially given how few there are likely to be next year anyway. If I get hit with a bunch of business travel for the rest of the year it could push me over, but I'm not going to make a special effort to get there.
Old Sep 16, 21, 2:00 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by General99 View Post
the give is they require a ton of segments on alaska metal, they dont have lie flats AND the biggest one is their not a big carrier. Their longest flight is like 3k miles, it might even be shorter.
And they often charge accordingly. Their prices aren't nearly as high as what the legacies want in many cases. That has nothing to do with maintaining the costs of Mileage Plan.

Search this Thread