Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

MVP Gold 100K Tier - Features and Benefits (Pre-Launch)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 16, 2021, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DeltaFlyingProf
  • Requirements:
    100k Eligible miles earned on Alaska Airlines, oneworld Alliance and our Global Partners
    or 140 Eligible segments flown on Alaska Airlines, oneworld Alliance and our Global Partners
    24 minimum number of flights marketed and operated by Alaska Airlines
  • Flight Benefits:
    Elite bonus miles: 150%

First Class upgrades at the time of booking: Y, B, H, K or M fares
    Premium Class upgrades at the time of booking: All fares except Saver fares
    First and Premium Class upgrades on Alaska non-qualifying fares: 120 hours (Highest waitlist priority)
    Companion upgrades to First Class
    Companion upgrades to Premium Class

First Class guest upgrades (max. 4 per year)
    International upgrade certificates on American Airlines: 2 One-way
  • Airport benefits:
    Priority check-in and boarding
    Free checked bags: 3
    Preferred seating
    Express security line at select airports
    Standby and wait list for full flights
    Alaska Lounge membership discount
    Four Alaska Lounge day passes (max. 4 per year)
  • oneworld priority
    Emerald
More MVP Gold 100K benefits to come.

MVP Gold 100K will launch by the end of January 2021.

Notes:
  • It seems the 24 AS segments required will not include the rollover of AS segments from 2020 for qualification based on 2021 flying. Though notequiteaff reports that the twitter team said they do in post 154, an email reported by tonylop33 in post 178 indicates otherwise. Given that the email is from the director of the loyalty program management, it is safer to assume that only 2021 AS segments will count.
  • Since December 12 2021, the full website of Alaska shows the number of EQMs, the number of segments on partner airlines and Alaska, and a separate count of Alaska marketed and operated flights.
Print Wikipost

MVP Gold 100K Tier - Features and Benefits (Pre-Launch)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2021, 9:46 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
Just to confirm, the 24 segments are butt in seat? i.e. Paid J/C/D/I segments flown in 2021 count as 1 each, and not as 1.5...?
Correct, 24 revenue segments in any fare class including Saver. There is no multiplier for F fare classes.

James
Old Nov 20, 2021, 5:04 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Has anybody been able to see the number of qualifying AS segments on their account? The iPhone app used to show it and and for about 1 day in October (29), the full website showed more info but I can't get that back anymore.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 5:14 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
Has anybody been able to see the number of qualifying AS segments on their account? The iPhone app used to show it and and for about 1 day in October (29), the full website showed more info but I can't get that back anymore.
Was there ever an additional data infographic for the AS metal segments requirement? If so, I haven’t seen it and my app and website don’t show it.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 5:37 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by anteater
Was there ever an additional data infographic for the AS metal segments requirement? If so, I haven’t seen it and my app and website don’t show it.
No graphics. Just the above data. At least it confirmed the number of Alaska marketed and operated segments this year. I think when I opened this page, the URL was different, but I unfortunately did not take note of it. Maybe it would still be possible to open the page if someone has the link.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 11:15 am

The Android App used to show AS segments & AS and/or Partner segments separately but my totals were both the same and included the 2020 carry-over segments.

In the latest iteration, it says that I require zero segments. Zero for what? 75K I guess since 100K doesn't yet exist.

James
Old Nov 21, 2021, 11:45 am

I found the link in my browser history. I've added it to the Wiki and have put it in a new thread, as it might be of interest to others who may not have opened this thread recently.
https://www.alaskaair.com/account/ov...%3aMileagePlan
Old Nov 21, 2021, 12:01 pm

I found the link in my browser history. I've added it to the Wiki and have put it in a new thread, as it might be of interest to others who may not have opened this thread recently.
https://www.alaskaair.com/account/ov...%3aMileagePlan
Thanks for the link. I have never seen that before. It would be nice to have an accurate & consistent look & feel across all the platforms. 53 of 6 required AS segments seems awkward. Although with 100K next year & 24 segments required, a graphic with an airplane that fills in for each segment completed is probably equally awkward.

James
Old Nov 22, 2021, 10:34 am

Programs: Yes
Aloha!

AS finally updated their website last night to clarify that 2020 rollover segments do not count toward the AS metal requirement (24 segments for 100K). Be sure to fly 24 AS metal segments this year.

The minimum number of Alaska flight segments to earn or retain status for 2022 must be flown in calendar year 2021. Segments rolled over from 2020 are not eligible.

Source: AS Earning on MP Page

Mahalo 🤙🏻

Last edited by dayone; Nov 22, 2021 at 9:38 pm Reason: Redact speculative credit taking.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 7:46 pm

Programs: AS 100K and AS 1MM
Snack add for 100K?

Haven't seen this answered/speculated on yet, although I may have missed it.

The 'snack' that's supposed to be an added benefit for 100K next year - do we think that will be a choice of one of the current purchase items, like the snack pack or cheese plate...or one of the smaller and less comprehensive Premium class shrink wrapped bundles that were offered in PC pre-pandemic?
Old Nov 22, 2021, 7:55 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
I would guess, though I’m not sure if there’s anyway to be sure, That it is a snack like one of the boxes, not the premium items, like 1 million miler’s get. The one issue I see with a snack is that most gold100ks will get upgraded to first class (or are already in first ) and will not need a free snack as they get one as a first class passenger.

Originally Posted by tpritchard
Haven't seen this answered/speculated on yet, although I may have missed it.

The 'snack' that's supposed to be an added benefit for 100K next year - do we think that will be a choice of one of the current purchase items, like the snack pack or cheese plate...or one of the smaller and less comprehensive Premium class shrink wrapped bundles that were offered in PC pre-pandemic?
Old Nov 22, 2021, 8:49 pm
Used to be 'rockferd'

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA Gold, HH: Diamond, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Rain Gonen
I would guess, though I’m not sure if there’s anyway to be sure, That it is a snack like one of the boxes, not the premium items, like 1 million miler’s get. The one issue I see with a snack is that most gold100ks will get upgraded to first class (or are already in first ) and will not need a free snack as they get one as a first class passenger.
If they copy AA, like they have with elite levels and several benefits it will be a real food item such as a Sandwich. Or at least I'd hope it would be that vs just a snack box
Old Nov 22, 2021, 9:53 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Moderator Note

A post has been edited and a few posts (including mine that partially quoted a now-deleted post) have been deleted. When AS takes an action "behinds the scenes," there is nothing to be gained by debating who might have influenced it.

"There is no limit to what can be accomplished if it doesn't matter who gets the credit." Ralph Waldo Emerson

dayone, AS Moderator
Old Nov 26, 2021, 4:04 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
So once you cross the 24 segment/100k miles are folks getting emails still?
Old Nov 26, 2021, 4:12 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by rune87
So once you cross the 24 segment/100k miles are folks getting emails still?
Which emails do you have in mind?
Old Nov 26, 2021, 4:26 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by vanillabean
Which emails do you have in mind?
The welcome to 100K status, benefits coming in Jan 2022. There was the first wave at launch, then it seemed like folks were getting them for a while as you qualified.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.