Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

MVP Gold 100K Tier - Features and Benefits (Pre-Launch)

Old Sep 16, 2021, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DeltaFlyingProf
  • Requirements:
    100k Eligible miles earned on Alaska Airlines, oneworld Alliance and our Global Partners
    or 140 Eligible segments flown on Alaska Airlines, oneworld Alliance and our Global Partners
    24 minimum number of flights marketed and operated by Alaska Airlines
  • Flight Benefits:
    Elite bonus miles: 150%

First Class upgrades at the time of booking: Y, B, H, K or M fares
    Premium Class upgrades at the time of booking: All fares except Saver fares
    First and Premium Class upgrades on Alaska non-qualifying fares: 120 hours (Highest waitlist priority)
    Companion upgrades to First Class
    Companion upgrades to Premium Class

First Class guest upgrades (max. 4 per year)
    International upgrade certificates on American Airlines: 2 One-way
  • Airport benefits:
    Priority check-in and boarding
    Free checked bags: 3
    Preferred seating
    Express security line at select airports
    Standby and wait list for full flights
    Alaska Lounge membership discount
    Four Alaska Lounge day passes (max. 4 per year)
  • oneworld priority
    Emerald
More MVP Gold 100K benefits to come.

MVP Gold 100K will launch by the end of January 2021.

Notes:
  • It seems the 24 AS segments required will not include the rollover of AS segments from 2020 for qualification based on 2021 flying. Though notequiteaff reports that the twitter team said they do in post 154, an email reported by tonylop33 in post 178 indicates otherwise. Given that the email is from the director of the loyalty program management, it is safer to assume that only 2021 AS segments will count.
  • Since December 12 2021, the full website of Alaska shows the number of EQMs, the number of segments on partner airlines and Alaska, and a separate count of Alaska marketed and operated flights.
Print Wikipost

MVP Gold 100K Tier - Features and Benefits (Pre-Launch)

Old Oct 20, 2021, 9:36 am

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
Originally Posted by anteater
The BoA EQM promo miles will count toward 100K status.
Anteater, I got this today from Alaska Mileage plan in response to my request last week. Seems the yes/no saga continues. Where did you get your "yes vote" from?
Old Oct 20, 2021, 9:42 am

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
Were you able to get any clarification on whether rollover alaska segments from '20 will count towards the 24 segment requirement?
They do not count.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by Waitlisted
Anteater, I got this today from Alaska Mileage plan in response to my request last week. Seems the yes/no saga continues. Where did you get your "yes vote" from?
From a branch very high up the tree 🙌🏻.

If you have any trouble after EOY feel free to let me know.

If you want to DM me your reference number for that Customer Care email, I can pass it along so AS can work on streamlining their responses. 🤙🏻
Waitlisted and CalanMan like this.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 10:05 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
From a branch very high up the tree 🙌🏻.

If you have any trouble after EOY feel free to let me know.

If you want to DM me your reference number for that Customer Care email, I can pass it along so AS can work on streamlining their responses. 🤙🏻
Did you also confirm that the promotional 10K EQM from opening a "New" credit card account would be included in the 100K for status? The T&Cs specifically excluded the 10K EQM from the 100K requirement. I know you confirmed, despite similar language, that the spend EQM promotion would count.

James
Old Oct 20, 2021, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Did you also confirm that the promotional 10K EQM from opening a "New" credit card account would be included in the 100K for status? The T&Cs specifically excluded the 10K EQM from the 100K requirement. I know you confirmed, despite similar language, that the spend EQM promotion would count.

James
No, I didn’t. I can if you’d like; however, if it’s specifically excluded in the T&Cs I wouldn’t expect it to count toward 100K.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 11:02 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
No, I didn’t. I can if you’d like; however, if it’s specifically excluded in the T&Cs I wouldn’t expect it to count toward 100K.
I think the T&Cs are sufficient. I just wanted to point out that there are two promotions for non-flight EQM & readers should closely check the T&Cs or contact AS for clarification before proceeding so they aren't disappointed.

James
anteater likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 1:04 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Has it been confirmed 100% that rollover miles from 2020 do count towards 100K qualification for 2022?

So for 100K qualifying:

2020 rollover segments = NO
2020 rollover miles = YES
Credit card spend promo = NO
Old Oct 20, 2021, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by mtofell
Has it been confirmed 100% that rollover miles from 2020 do count towards 100K qualification for 2022?

So for 100K qualifying:

2020 rollover segments = NO
2020 rollover miles = YES
Credit card spend promo = NO
You must fly 24 AS segments in 2021.

AS BoA credit card spend does count toward 100K.

I believe rollover miles do count.
mtofell likes this.

Last edited by anteater; Oct 20, 2021 at 1:22 pm
Old Oct 26, 2021, 10:46 am

Location: AA-Plat 7 Mil, UA-Plat 2 Mil, BA - Silv., KLM/AF- Plat, Bonvoy-Plat.
100K Benefits working now ?

Flew into FAI yesterday and in doing so crossed the 100K EQM mark. Checked the upgrade list for my return flight today and it showed I was #6 on the list and that FC was totally sold out. Woke up this morning and it shows I’m now confirmed in FC. So either 6 people cancelled their FC reservations or AS moved me to the top of the list (and at least one seat freed up in F).
Old Oct 26, 2021, 10:50 am
Community Director Emerita

My husband crossed 100K yesterday with the inclusion of 12.5K from credit card spend. I am curious to see if he gets an email or a status update is shown on his account. If that happens, it will conclusively show that credit card spend is counting toward the 100K level.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 10:52 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
My husband crossed 100K yesterday with the inclusion of 12.5K from credit card spend. I am curious to see if he gets an email or a status update is shown on his account. If that happens, it will conclusively show that credit card spend is counting toward the 100K level.
Neither will happen, at least not unless something changes. I earned it a few days before the September 16th email and never heard anything.
anteater likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by MileTex
Flew into FAI yesterday and in doing so crossed the 100K EQM mark. Checked the upgrade list for my return flight today and it showed I was #6 on the list and that FC was totally sold out. Woke up this morning and it shows I’m now confirmed in FC. So either 6 people cancelled their FC reservations or AS moved me to the top of the list (and at least one seat freed up in F).
Thats a good upgrade! Unfortunately, there are no 100K benefits until the tier launches in late January 2021.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 11:35 am

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by MileTex
That's actually a pretty concerning data point for anyone who ever worries about AS upgrade processor issues and the integrity of the upgrade list.

Once the 100k benefits begin, imagine being #1 on the list as 100k, and then last seat goes to someone way down the list with much lower status because the processor didn't function properly.

Who knows what actually happened, but I have zero faith in these lists being processed correctly at this point.
Mahogany and mtofell like this.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 11:38 am

With the recent AA changes this makes AS 100k even better. And there is less chance that AA flyers will start crowding AS flights (maybe).
Visconti likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 11:40 am

Programs: MVPGold 75K
Originally Posted by metallo
That's actually a pretty concerning data point for anyone who ever worries about AS upgrade processor issues and the integrity of the upgrade list.

Once the 100k benefits begin, imagine being #1 on the list as 100k, and then last seat goes to someone way down the list with much lower status because the processor didn't function properly.

Who knows what actually happened, but I have zero faith in these lists being processed correctly at this point.
100k doesn't mean anything now. Injave this stairs since may1 st. It will be only valid from next year

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.