Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

MVP Gold 100K Tier - Features and Benefits (Pre-Launch)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 16, 2021, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DeltaFlyingProf
  • Requirements:
    100k Eligible miles earned on Alaska Airlines, oneworld Alliance and our Global Partners
    or 140 Eligible segments flown on Alaska Airlines, oneworld Alliance and our Global Partners
    24 minimum number of flights marketed and operated by Alaska Airlines
  • Flight Benefits:
    Elite bonus miles: 150%

First Class upgrades at the time of booking: Y, B, H, K or M fares
    Premium Class upgrades at the time of booking: All fares except Saver fares
    First and Premium Class upgrades on Alaska non-qualifying fares: 120 hours (Highest waitlist priority)
    Companion upgrades to First Class
    Companion upgrades to Premium Class

First Class guest upgrades (max. 4 per year)
    International upgrade certificates on American Airlines: 2 One-way
  • Airport benefits:
    Priority check-in and boarding
    Free checked bags: 3
    Preferred seating
    Express security line at select airports
    Standby and wait list for full flights
    Alaska Lounge membership discount
    Four Alaska Lounge day passes (max. 4 per year)
  • oneworld priority
    Emerald
More MVP Gold 100K benefits to come.

MVP Gold 100K will launch by the end of January 2021.

Notes:
  • It seems the 24 AS segments required will not include the rollover of AS segments from 2020 for qualification based on 2021 flying. Though notequiteaff reports that the twitter team said they do in post 154, an email reported by tonylop33 in post 178 indicates otherwise. Given that the email is from the director of the loyalty program management, it is safer to assume that only 2021 AS segments will count.
  • Since December 12 2021, the full website of Alaska shows the number of EQMs, the number of segments on partner airlines and Alaska, and a separate count of Alaska marketed and operated flights.
Print Wikipost

MVP Gold 100K Tier - Features and Benefits (Pre-Launch)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2021, 10:19 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Waitlisted
Well, I am officially fully confused. Today I saw that four chunks of credit card charges of 2,500 EQMs each had posted to my mileage account, and that my EQM graph has moved up accordingly. Also, I called in to move tomorrow’s nonstop flight from PDX to route through SEA and when asked why I told the CSA that I am doing that to my next 4 flights so that I can hit 100k, and she confirmed I am nearly there with the credit card posts and I didn’t need to as the credit card charges count towards 100k. I told her I had heard from another CSA just last week that the credit card EQMs don’t count and she put me on hold, caller her supervisor who happens to also work in mileage plan and confirmed that it does in fact count towards 100k for 2022. How do you know what to believe? I took a picture of my EQM graph and emailed it to AS mileage plans email address. Nowhere on the chart or on the bonus email does it say it does not count. I honestly don’t know what to do, I have one EWR mileage run planned and need to change four other flights to route through Seattle if the CC miles don’t count but who do you believe? It’s a real cluster over there at mileage plan in regard to the credit card offer I think.

I'm only minorly inconvenienced by all the unknowns and varying CSR answers from AS (moved an award flight to paid just in case rollover EQMs from 2020 don't count). In a situation like this I'd be downright pissed. It's amazing that such a large, successful company can be so inconsistent with policies and information. 99% of the questions that come up here on FT daily could be solved with a single memo..... on a small piece of paper!!
Waitlisted likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 10:41 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by Waitlisted
Well, I am officially fully confused. Today I saw that four chunks of credit card charges of 2,500 EQMs each had posted to my mileage account, and that my EQM graph has moved up accordingly. Also, I called in to move tomorrow’s nonstop flight from PDX to route through SEA and when asked why I told the CSA that I am doing that to my next 4 flights so that I can hit 100k, and she confirmed I am nearly there with the credit card posts and I didn’t need to as the credit card charges count towards 100k. I told her I had heard from another CSA just last week that the credit card EQMs don’t count and she put me on hold, caller her supervisor who happens to also work in mileage plan and confirmed that it does in fact count towards 100k for 2022. How do you know what to believe? I took a picture of my EQM graph and emailed it to AS mileage plans email address. Nowhere on the chart or on the bonus email does it say it does not count. I honestly don’t know what to do, I have one EWR mileage run planned and need to change four other flights to route through Seattle if the CC miles don’t count but who do you believe? It’s a real cluster over there at mileage plan in regard to the credit card offer I think.

DM me Tuesday around 7-9AM PST if you want me to get an official answer for you.
Waitlisted likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 5:10 am

LMAO all the people saying AS can exclude eqms from cc about to eat some crows. You have too much faith in AS IT.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by AndyKehn
LMAO all the people saying AS can exclude eqms from cc about to eat some crows. You have too much faith in AS IT.
Interesting theory. You believe AAG/MP is just blustering about not granting the 50K bonus miles to MVPG 75K qualifiers who reached with some credit card spend?
Old Oct 12, 2021, 12:17 pm

The BoA EQM promo miles will count toward 100K status.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 12:48 pm

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by anteater
Just a few data points so far in BofA EQM Promo miles have hit, but it looks like some folks are seeing EQM for this offer hitting their accounts at the same time RDM shows up, while others of us are seeing only the RDM, and no corresponding EQM even a few days later. It's always something....
Old Oct 12, 2021, 2:48 pm

Thank you for checking into this. Will MP clarify in writing the prior declaration that it would not count?
Old Oct 12, 2021, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by flytoeat
Thank you for checking into this. Will MP clarify in writing the prior declaration that it would not count?
I would imagine so. I didn’t ask for a timeline. If you have any problems feel free to contact AS CC first and then me.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 8:01 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
Thanks for checking. I’d love to see something in writing, then I can cancel my EWR mileage run flight I won’t need.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 8:10 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
but specifically not toward the 50k RDM for MVPG75k, per the terms. Right?
Old Oct 12, 2021, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by bmvaughn
Correct.
tobikosan likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by bmvaughn
Which necessitates MP keeping a separate tally for cc eqm and flight eqm. In my case, I won't quite be at 75K when my cc eqms put me over, but three weeks later my flight eqms will. It will be interesting to see how it posts.
be_rettSEA and anteater like this.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 2:58 pm

Programs: Alaska 100k
Originally Posted by flytoeat
Which necessitates MP keeping a separate tally for cc eqm and flight eqm. In my case, I won't quite be at 75K when my cc eqms put me over, but three weeks later my flight eqms will. It will be interesting to see how it posts.
I'm in the exact situation. My CC EQMs should post tonight making me 75k. But my 75k qualifying flight will be Friday. I'm hoping I can get that fixed after the fact.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 2:32 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Were you able to get any clarification on whether rollover alaska segments from '20 will count towards the 24 segment requirement?
Old Oct 20, 2021, 4:13 am

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
Were you able to get any clarification on whether rollover alaska segments from '20 will count towards the 24 segment requirement?
Below is part of an email the Director of Loyalty (Alison Carpentier) sent me in response to this question. I am banking on what she emailed me on 9/17/21. At that time i had 107k miles for this year (including 50% bonus EQM for this year and 2020 carryover EQM) and 30 segments (12 from 2020 carry over) listed on my account,.

"It looks like you’re well on track to qualify for 100K before the end of the year, but you didn’t get the “you’ve already qualified” email yesterday since you haven’t yet completed the required 24 segments flown on Alaska this year. Your 12 rollover segments from 2020 count toward the 140 total segments qualification, although that piece is irrelevant for you since you’ve already surpassed the 100K EQMs. The independent Alaska flown segment requirement is new for all tier levels as of the start of this year, and is based on in-year 2021 activity only."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.