Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

MVP Gold 100K Tier - Features and Benefits (Pre-Launch)

Old Sep 16, 2021, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DeltaFlyingProf
  • Requirements:
    100k Eligible miles earned on Alaska Airlines, oneworld Alliance and our Global Partners
    or 140 Eligible segments flown on Alaska Airlines, oneworld Alliance and our Global Partners
    24 minimum number of flights marketed and operated by Alaska Airlines
  • Flight Benefits:
    Elite bonus miles: 150%

First Class upgrades at the time of booking: Y, B, H, K or M fares
    Premium Class upgrades at the time of booking: All fares except Saver fares
    First and Premium Class upgrades on Alaska non-qualifying fares: 120 hours (Highest waitlist priority)
    Companion upgrades to First Class
    Companion upgrades to Premium Class

First Class guest upgrades (max. 4 per year)
    International upgrade certificates on American Airlines: 2 One-way
  • Airport benefits:
    Priority check-in and boarding
    Free checked bags: 3
    Preferred seating
    Express security line at select airports
    Standby and wait list for full flights
    Alaska Lounge membership discount
    Four Alaska Lounge day passes (max. 4 per year)
  • oneworld priority
    Emerald
More MVP Gold 100K benefits to come.

MVP Gold 100K will launch by the end of January 2021.

Notes:
  • It seems the 24 AS segments required will not include the rollover of AS segments from 2020 for qualification based on 2021 flying. Though notequiteaff reports that the twitter team said they do in post 154, an email reported by tonylop33 in post 178 indicates otherwise. Given that the email is from the director of the loyalty program management, it is safer to assume that only 2021 AS segments will count.
  • Since December 12 2021, the full website of Alaska shows the number of EQMs, the number of segments on partner airlines and Alaska, and a separate count of Alaska marketed and operated flights.
Print Wikipost

MVP Gold 100K Tier - Features and Benefits (Pre-Launch)

Old Sep 18, 2021, 10:13 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I hit 100K on 9/14 yet didn't get the 100K email. I guess the email sent on 9/16 was using data that was at least a few days old.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 12:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; AS 100k; BA Silver; UA Silver
Smile

Originally Posted by eddiehuang97
I'd bet at least late next Jan since that's when 100k is soft-rolled out. We don't know if AA's even gonna upgrade 100k before PP, but if that's gonna happen probably at the same time when EXP gets upgrade priority before 75k
I see. I have an upcoming AA trip with my wife and a newborn in early November. I already see an upgrade request on the AA app but was hoping to get even better chances to get upgraded.

Well, at least I updated my AS status here on FT, and I feel a bit better
joachimm likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 7:00 pm

For the credit card spend "offer", can someone share the link from the email if it is a generic link to the terms and conditions of the offer? Or is that link an actual targeted sign up offer to targeted elites? I got the email but did not have the offer in there...

Usually for Alaska promos, you have to put in your Mileage Plan number and sign up via a landing page so would appreciate if someone could share the link if they were targeted and it is does not kill their offer or it's a generic page.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In the two emails I got, the Ts and Cs were in the body of the email and the link just went to the regular credit card benefits page, which didn't list it.

So it looks like it's targeted broadly so it's hard to tell if they just have bad IT that isn't sending it to everybody (very plausible) or targeted in some way (also plausible). Is there one of the customer communication channels that would be likely to be able to tell you?
Old Sep 18, 2021, 9:25 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by Xrayman
What do they mean by “snack item”?.
NW Deli pack or something similar.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 10:09 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by hoyohoyo123
For the credit card spend "offer", can someone share the link from the email if it is a generic link to the terms and conditions of the offer? Or is that link an actual targeted sign up offer to targeted elites? I got the email but did not have the offer in there....
My husband got the offer in his email. I did not. He got an additional email specific to the credit card offer. It gave the last four digits of his credit card number.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 10:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
I hit 100K on 9/14 yet didn't get the 100K email. I guess the email sent on 9/16 was using data that was at least a few days old.
I got the same email. I had thought that I had qualified as my app shows I have 35 segments and over 105K flown. Come to find out I only have 14 segments and need 10 more by EOY to qualify.
Make sure you verify how many segments you actually have. Miles on partners count but segments do not. AS has done a very poor job of roll out on this.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 1:07 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by SEA777GUY
I got the same email. I had thought that I had qualified as my app shows I have 35 segments and over 105K flown. Come to find out I only have 14 segments and need 10 more by EOY to qualify.
Make sure you verify how many segments you actually have. Miles on partners count but segments do not. AS has done a very poor job of roll out on this.
I have something similar. ~30 partner + AS segments but will end the year with 10 AS segments. Based on the published benefits it’s not worth a segment run.
notquiteaff and SEA777GUY like this.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 11:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SEA777GUY
How did you find out you only had 14? Did you have to contact Alaska?
Old Sep 19, 2021, 11:20 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mikelat
How did you find out you only had 14? Did you have to contact Alaska?
Go into your Mileage activity, filter on "Air" (not necessary to filter but easier to just look at your flights) & select 9 months. Count the number of AS flights flown since January 1st. My 24th segment was on March 3rd.

James
Old Sep 20, 2021, 8:11 am

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Go into your Mileage activity, filter on "Air" (not necessary to filter but easier to just look at your flights) & select 9 months. Count the number of AS flights flown since January 1st. My 24th segment was on March 3rd.

James
Is there a thread on segment strategy? I know you are the master :-) and could use some help.
rdlmitedu likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 11:00 am

Programs: AS 100K, DL DM 1MM, UA 1MM
Never have been concerned with segment accrual, so need to clarify that a trip with two AS flights and one connection is two segments, correct?
Old Sep 20, 2021, 11:43 am

Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Hyatt
Originally Posted by bobblevins
Never have been concerned with segment accrual, so need to clarify that a trip with two AS flights and one connection is two segments, correct?
As long as they are two separate fights numbers yes. Not a single connecting flight, like the milk run flights to/from AK; such as flights 64/65/66/67
Old Sep 21, 2021, 12:02 am

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun

James
Any chance carryover segments from previous year count?

Due to so much carryover from 2020, I only needed 8 segments in '21 to hit 75K. I only have 2 more segments booked this year. Thinking it's not worth doing segment runs for the other 14 based on benefits shown for 100k. Could do SEA-PDX 7 times but that'll cost $924 in main or $644 in saver and thats a lot of time spent as well. Maybe no 100k level for me any more (Had AA EXP for 14 years before cutting back on travel)
Old Sep 21, 2021, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikelat
Any chance carryover segments from previous year count?

Due to so much carryover from 2020, I only needed 8 segments in '21 to hit 75K. I only have 2 more segments booked this year. Thinking it's not worth doing segment runs for the other 14 based on benefits shown for 100k. Could do SEA-PDX 7 times but that'll cost $924 in main or $644 in saver and thats a lot of time spent as well. Maybe no 100k level for me any more (Had AA EXP for 14 years before cutting back on travel)
I've seen LAX-SFO as little as $30 each way in saver if you book at least 3 weeks out. Not sure how many you can get in in a day, or that it's really even worth the time and money over the 75K benefits.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.