FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   [Speculation] Seahawks/Russell Wilson Discount Codes? (2021) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/2052292-speculation-seahawks-russell-wilson-discount-codes-2021-a.html)

RedPanda5 Oct 8, 2021 11:24 am

Originally Posted by PDXPremier (Post 33627734)
This is the first time I've seen Florida flights lumped in with Hawaii, Mexico, and Costa Rica....the cheap FLL mileage runs many of us did earlier in the year are likely not going to be a viable option going forward.

Insteringly enough there is a parallel sale that doesn't have Florida added:

https://www.alaskaair.com/planbook?e...ce=PROMOTIONAL

Score 25% off your next flight

About discount codes

Discount code terms

code:
SCORE25OFF
Discount: Discount code is valid for up to 25% off coach base fare levels published at alaskaair.com. Valid for one-way or round-trip travel. Fare basis code information can be found in the section entitled "View Fare and Baggage Rule" on the Itinerary and Price Summary page. Fare types that are ineligible for this discount may be lower than other fares with discount code applied. One discount allowed per reservation. Discount not valid on all fares, including but not limited to Mileage Plan Award Reservations, Alaska Airlines Vacation packages, tour or contract fares, and many privately filed fares. Any discount code value remaining after purchase is forfeited.

Reservations & Ticketing: Valid for new ticket purchases only at alaskaair.com. Discount code cannot be applied to tickets that have already been purchased and issued. Discount code is relinquished at time of ticketing and void for future purchases. Credit card required for purchase.

Passengers: Up to 7 people per discount code, must be traveling together and booked and ticketed at the same time in the same reservation and at the same fare.

Routes: Discount valid between any Alaska Airlines cities (excluding Prudhoe Bay). Based on published fare routings and some cities may not be available. Not all flights operate on all days.

Travel to/from Hawaii, Mexico, Costa Rica or Belize is valid Tuesdays through Thursdays. For Thursday travel, the 25% discount may only apply to the nonstop flight to/from the listed destination.
All other travel is valid Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays.
Coach travel on days of week not listed above and First Class travel on all days of week will be discounted at 10%, excluding blackout dates.

Advance Purchase: Per applicable fare rules.

Purchase By: October 8, 2021.

Travel Valid From: October 23, 2021.

Travel Complete: February 16, 2022.

Blackout Dates: November 18-30, December 18-31, 2021, January 1-4, 2022.

Minimum & Maximum Stay: Per applicable fare rules.

Flights: Valid only on flights operated by Alaska Airlines, and flights operated on behalf of Alaska Airlines by Horizon Air and SkyWest. Not valid on codeshare flights.

Taxes, Fees and Surcharges: Passenger is responsible for all applicable taxes, fees, and surcharges, including checked baggage fees.

Combinability: Not valid with any other discounts, including discount codes, coupons, discount programs, MyAccount online discount, or other arrangements.

Changes and Refunds: Changes and refunds may be allowed per the applicable fare rule. Refunds or cancellation of itinerary will result in the forfeiture of the discount code. Once the 'Purchase By' date has passed, any changes will result in the forfeiture of the discount. Once issued, tickets are not transferable.

Mileage Plan: Mileage Plan credit applies and upgrades are allowed.

Transferability: Discount codes may not be sold, bought, bartered, auctioned or collected in bulk. Any deemed by Alaska to have been distributed or acquired improperly will not be honored and traveler will be responsible for payment of full fare.

Additional Terms: All rules of alaskaair.com and the applicable published fare not mentioned within these terms and conditions apply.

Other: Discount codes have no cash value and are not valid for travel. Lost or stolen discount codes cannot be replaced. Alaska has the final authority regarding discount code redemption. Travel is subject to Alaska's contract of carriage. Terms and conditions as written herein are final and cannot be changed by any statement or representation of any unauthorized person, including employees of Alaska/Horizon or issuing organization. Other restrictions may apply and Alaska reserves the right to suspend or change this offer without notice.
R_46

RAD_PDX Oct 8, 2021 11:26 am

Did AS just change the site so that discounted fares have a little green check? It might just be a browser difference or something but it looks different to me.

Arsene Wenger Oct 8, 2021 11:29 am

Originally Posted by richiezc (Post 33628610)
Will they have geno smith codes if russell wilson is out for an extended period of time? (half serious question)

GENOBOGO has a nice ring to it. Anyone know how long it takes to repaint a plane?

mtofell Oct 8, 2021 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by Arsene Wenger (Post 33628853)
GENOBOGO has a nice ring to it. Anyone know how long it takes to repaint a plane?

Not sure if anyone watched the game last night but the zoom in of Russell's finger looked nasty!!! It looked like a cobra head - flat and curled.

Eurynom0s Oct 8, 2021 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX (Post 33627718)
Good for those that still need EQM for this year, however, the schedule only has a few minutes between PDX-EWR and the return in January, so it’s not viable.

Does the EWR-PDX return flight not just have the same plane turning back around and heading back west?

RAD_PDX Oct 8, 2021 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by Eurynom0s (Post 33629255)
Does the EWR-PDX return flight not just have the same plane turning back around and heading back west?

Not as of right now (obviously a schedule change of some kind is inevitable). Currently, PDX-EWR arrives at 18:59, and EWR-PDX leaves at 19:05. I'm assuming the plane that came from PDX is scheduled to operate SEA-EWR, leaving at 19:55 and arriving into SEA at 23:19, too late to catch the last SEA-PDX shuttle and eliminating PDX-EWR-SEA-PDX as a viable one-day option.

RedPanda5 Oct 8, 2021 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by mtofell (Post 33629018)
Not sure if anyone watched the game last night but the zoom in of Russell's finger looked nasty!!! It looked like a cobra head - flat and curled.

Projected to be out 4-8 weeks, GENOBOGO here we come
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-finger-injury

jiburi Oct 8, 2021 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX (Post 33628842)
Did AS just change the site so that discounted fares have a little green check? It might just be a browser difference or something but it looks different to me.

Yeah, it seem to have changed overnight....It was a red ice cream looking thing when I booked my ticket yesterday afternoon.

Jiburi

dayone Oct 8, 2021 7:41 pm

Red on Edge and green on Firefox.

Flying for Fun Oct 9, 2021 3:15 am

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX (Post 33628452)
Yep, comes out to 4cpm as well. I just can't bring myself to book saver fares on flights that long. I ended up doing PDX-SEA-FAI-ANC-SEA-JFK-PDX all in main which ends up at 4cpm as well.

8856 EQM miles & 6 segments for $354 isn't too bad. I booked 6 segments ex JFK in January at 2.36 cpm, 9,570 EQM. 1.05 cpm, 21,533 RDM. Base fare $25 per segment.

James

RAD_PDX Oct 9, 2021 11:23 am

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun (Post 33630103)
8856 EQM miles & 6 segments for $354 isn't too bad. I booked 6 segments ex JFK in January at 2.36 cpm, 9,570 EQM. 1.05 cpm, 21,533 RDM. Base fare $25 per segment.

James

What was the routing? I noticed JFK-FAI was around $100 but I'm curious what you booked.

Flying for Fun Oct 9, 2021 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX (Post 33630791)
What was the routing? I noticed JFK-FAI was around $100 but I'm curious what you booked.

JFK-SFO-SEA-FAI-SEA-SFO-JFK. $114 each way in Main with the discount. U space was available on all 6 segments and all could be upgraded with a single GGU but the 133% price premium isn't worth it.

Now if this was an AA itinerary & crediting to AAdvantage, it would earn 151 EQD & 755 RDM with no status.

James

RAD_PDX Oct 9, 2021 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun (Post 33631116)
JFK-SFO-SEA-FAI-SEA-SFO-JFK. $114 each way in Main with the discount. U space was available on all 6 segments and all could be upgraded with a single GGU but the 133% price premium isn't worth it.

Now if this was an AA itinerary & crediting to AAdvantage, it would earn 151 EQD & 755 RDM with no status.

James

You are undoubtedly the wizard, James. I rebooked to PDX-JFK-SFO-SEA-FAI-SEA-SFO-JFK-PDX and ended up with better EQM/RDM cpm values, even with no discount. I can only hope for the chance to rebook at an additional 20-40% off.

Flying for Fun Oct 10, 2021 1:00 am

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX (Post 33631512)
You are undoubtedly the wizard, James. I rebooked to PDX-JFK-SFO-SEA-FAI-SEA-SFO-JFK-PDX and ended up with better EQM/RDM cpm values, even with no discount. I can only hope for the chance to rebook at an additional 20-40% off.

That route has been cheap since at least July. Typically $149 in Main but I have seen $98/$138 as of late. The SFO connection is new though and adds a lounge. The 25% off brought the base fare down to $151, with taxes and fees $226. As you say, without the discount, my base fare would have been $201, fees would be the same & excise taxes would increase by 7.5% on the $50 additional fare or $3.75. At a non discounted all in fare of $279 the EQM would be still be a very respectable 2.92 cpm.

James

TalkingPoint Oct 24, 2021 4:48 pm

For anyone who followed these in the past, do we think there is much of a chance either this week or next week we'll see a promo since theyre both home games? Or will we most likely be waiting until around week 10/11 when RW possibly reeturns.