Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

The (Allegedly) Frivolous First Class Cookie Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The (Allegedly) Frivolous First Class Cookie Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2021, 1:49 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by Mahogany
Like the new butter cookie. Chocolate cookie is too sweet and can be messy. Imagine a brown dripping-shaped stain on your shirt…
Definitely worth it to save one of those lavender sanitizing wipes for after the cookie. I do wish they'd serve them on plates with a fork or find some other solution. I hate looking like a 1 year old eating cake on their first birthday.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 10:33 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
My comment in that now deleted thread was... the best way to eat the cookie is the same way I eat chicken wings. Keep one dirty hand, and one clean hand. Never start eating the cookie until AFTER the pilots have done their rest break - you don't want to have a chocolately paw, waiting to get into the lav and wash up.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 11:16 pm
Original Poster

How did the thread title change? I like to play by the rules so if something was off please let me know. TIA.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 11:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
I usually tear the bag open on the side so I can still use it to hold the cookie when lifting up to take a bite as well as to catch any larger crumbs that fall apart.

If I take just the right size bites, I don't even have to touch the cookie with my hands at all.
NoLaGent and anteater like this.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 2:20 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by FlyerDigits
How did the thread title change? I like to play by the rules so if something was off please let me know. TIA.
My main concern is that giving it a "properly capitalized" title will make this thread get too serious. But they did add the word 'allegedly', so I suppose that balances it out.

FYI the best temperature to eat them is at "Are you being serious right now? It's a cookie! Now is not the time to overthink." degrees.

Elect Butter/Pecan in 2024
Old Sep 8, 2021, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by radtechtraveler
my child took a bite of the butter pecan cookie and spit it out . I was also disappointed it was not chocolate chip. On a side note the cookie came out with the consistency of the nearly kinetic sand. i picked it up and the middle disintegrated
My wife saw that it was the nutty cookie (some question about whether it was walnut or pecan but it's obvious based on the reports that it was likely pecan) and wouldn't take one bite. The disappointment you feel when you open that bag expecting a gooey chocolate chip cookie only to see the pecan cookie is real....hopefully we'll go back to the "regular" cookie soon.
anteater and FlyerDigits like this.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 9:19 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by FlyerDigits
I don't know, but I do know that there's nothing frivolous about this topic. #butterpecan2024

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
My wife saw that it was the nutty cookie (some question about whether it was walnut or pecan but it's obvious based on the reports that it was likely pecan) and wouldn't take one bite. The disappointment you feel when you open that bag expecting a gooey chocolate chip cookie only to see the pecan cookie is real....hopefully we'll go back to the "regular" cookie soon.
It could be worse, at least we haven't seen raisins...yet.
Calculon and chrisl137 like this.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
I don't know, but I do know that there's nothing frivolous about this topic. #butterpecan2024

It could be worse, at least we haven't seen raisins...yet.
To be honest, I'd be fine with oatmeal raisin....the butter pecan just isn't my thing.....it's more Salt and Straw and I'm more Baskin Robbins
Old Sep 8, 2021, 10:57 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
To be honest, I'd be fine with oatmeal raisin....the butter pecan just isn't my thing.....it's more Salt and Straw and I'm more Baskin Robbins
The day that happens is the day this thread will have 14 new pages in it ...

Old Sep 8, 2021, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by NoLaGent
The day that happens is the day this thread will have 14 new pages in it ...

I’m fine with pecan butter or raisin cookie. Just don’t like the chocolate ones. When the meal tray is already recycled, there’s no graceful way to eat a melting chocolate cookie. This hasn’t even considered the turbulence.

Maybe there will be a day when all three cookies randomly sent to passengers on one flight.
atcanobbio likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 3:55 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
SAN-SEA today had a Butter Pecan… first one I have ever received.

I am now firmly in camp Warm Butter Pecan. I was very much Cold Chocolate Chip before now.

I am connecting on to DAL, let’s see what we get…
Old Sep 27, 2021, 7:46 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Butter pecan on SEA-AUS on Saturday. As is appropriate.
Ford Fairlane likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
It seems like warm cookie is still so random (exclude breakfast flights), had none on SEA-LAX two weeks ago, then had it on SEA-SJC and LAX-PDX a week ago, then had none again on SEA-LAX yesterday, odd enough had the pre packaged one on QX BOI-ORD.

So is it the cookies are loaded sometimes but not all the time ? Or some crews are just lazy ? Just like the snack basket, I had noticed some crews are not handing out unless someone complained
pcoll and Mahogany like this.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 3:33 pm

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by Calculon
Butter pecan on SEA-AUS on Saturday. As is appropriate.
The same on ORD-SEA on Saturday. The only time I eat cookies are in AS FC. Not something I gravitate toward naturally. But I do prefer these to the chocolate chip. If only they weren't practically liquid in the center.
Calculon and Mahogany like this.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Had the cookie today on SEA-ORD, but then no snack basket, no snack basket no cookie today on LAX-SEA neither (actually FA was so lazy that after dumping the meal, he just chit chat with another FA the entire flight til landing, didn't even collect meal trays), if I had both on short haul SEA-SJC, no reason long haul only offer one or the other, consistency seems like a real issue on AS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.