Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan

Crediting IB to AS

Crediting IB to AS

Old Sep 5, 22, 11:06 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
Does anyone have recent experience crediting Iberia flights to AS? Wondering if things have smoothed out.

Also, I am wondering if anyone specifically has experience crediting flights that are operated by Iberia Express, but marketed by Iberia? By my read of the rules it *should* credit. It is within the eligible flight number range. Iberia Express is a OneWorld affiliate. So, as far as I can tell, all criteria have been met.
Old Sep 6, 22, 12:08 am

Programs: AS MVPG 100k, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by ANC RED-EYE View Post
Does anyone have recent experience crediting Iberia flights to AS? Wondering if things have smoothed out.

Also, I am wondering if anyone specifically has experience crediting flights that are operated by Iberia Express, but marketed by Iberia? By my read of the rules it *should* credit. It is within the eligible flight number range. Iberia Express is a OneWorld affiliate. So, as far as I can tell, all criteria have been met.
had some IB express flights in June credit no problem with my AS number in the res.
Old Sep 6, 22, 6:37 pm

My wife and I flew Iberia (not Iberia Express) in May. I don't remember how long the miles took to post but it was maybe a couple of weeks at most. We also received an email survey from Alaska asking us how our trip on Iberia was, so it definitely seems like they've got things largely synced up at this point.
Old Sep 8, 22, 9:41 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by ItsAnAdam View Post
had some IB express flights in June credit no problem with my AS number in the res.
great, thanks for the confirmation. They have just changed my flight to Air Nostrum, but as it is also listed on the OW site as a OW affiliate, and the flight is IB coded, I presume it'll credit as well. Thanks for the clarification.
Old Sep 9, 22, 12:11 am

Programs: AS MVPG 100k, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
great, thanks for the confirmation. They have just changed my flight to Air Nostrum, but as it is also listed on the OW site as a OW affiliate, and the flight is IB coded, I presume it'll credit as well. Thanks for the clarification.
idk if they have multiple regionals like in the US one of my IB express flights was def air nostrum and I had no problems so I wouldnt worry.
Old Nov 19, 22, 4:27 pm

Still waiting after requesting credit...

I had a work trip to MAD and TFS the last week of Sep/first week of Oct 2022. My flights were the following:
SEA-LHR marketed and operated by BA
LHR-MAD marketed by BA and operated by IB
MAD-TFS-MAD marketed and operated by IB
MAD-LHR-SEA marketed by IB and operated by BA

The first two segments were marketed by BA and posted to my AS account only after a few days. For the remaining segments marketed by IB, I waited two weeks after my return flight, saw nothing, and submitted a request to AS for credit. I provided all the boarding passes and itinerary receipt. AS indicated they will be forwarding the flight information to the partner airline for confirmation and can expect the miles for eligible travel to post within 6-8 weeks, since they need to have the partner verify eligibility and then return the approved flight information.

I do not get why the supporting documentation submitted is not evidence enough that the miles were flown and they are unable to credit my account immediately while waiting for IB confirmation. After my next planned flight in a couple weeks, I would have accrued enough elite-qualifying miles to bump up to MVP Gold and and enjoy the benefits on another trip soon after. Its been just about six weeks since my return flight, 4 weeks since I submitted my request, and none of the requested miles have been credited yet. Now I just wait and hope it happens soon.

UPDATE Nov 30:
I recently sent another email regarding my request for credit, to which AS replied, "due to Alaska policy and the contract with Iberia we cannot manually add the miles without permission." However, they would have their partner liaison see if this confirmation process can be expedited. Four days later, I log into my AS account and notice the bump in status and the IB flights credited. It has been just over 7 weeks since the last partner flight. Happy that AS was able to make the status upgrade happen.

Last edited by orravanj; Yesterday at 7:44 pm Reason: Provided an update.
Old Yesterday, 7:41 pm

Update Nov 30: I recently sent another email regarding my request for credit, to which AS replied, "due to Alaska policy and the contract with Iberia we cannot manually add the miles without permission." However, they would have their partner liaison see if this confirmation process can be expedited. Four days later, I log into my AS account and notice the bump in status and the IB flights credited. It has been just over 7 weeks since the last partner flight. Happy that AS was able to make the status upgrade happen.

Search this Thread