Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Special Liveries (2021 and Later)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2021, 2:36 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
I just assumed it was for Pride Month (June), hence the decals vs. a paint job. No idea tho.
So two weeks, given they rolled it out halfway through the month? Seems like a lot of work for that. I assume they'll keep them on until it retires, until they start to fall off, or until they find another cause to re-decal this plane for.

edited to add: a crewmember posted about it on reddit and indicates it'll be for a year, and apparently they chose to use an Airbus because there's more customization available for interior lighting. Apparently at boarding and deplaning (and optionally in-flight), the interior lights do a slow rainbow sweep through the colors which is pretty cool. Will link to a video when she posts one there.
NoLaGent likes this.

Last edited by be_rettSEA; Jun 15, 2021 at 2:39 pm Reason: more info found on reddit.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 2:38 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
So two weeks, given they rolled it out halfway through the month? Seems like a lot of work for that. I assume they'll keep them on until it retires, until they start to fall off, or until they find another cause to re-decal this plane for.
Perhaps? Although pride celebrations in other parts of the country do run throughout the summer, so perhaps it's a quarterly thing?

Or until they peel off, which could be sooner...
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 3:46 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite

edited to add: a crewmember posted about it on reddit and indicates it'll be for a year, and apparently they chose to use an Airbus because there's more customization available for interior lighting. Apparently at boarding and deplaning (and optionally in-flight), the interior lights do a slow rainbow sweep through the colors which is pretty cool. Will link to a video when she posts one there.
Link showing interior lighting (obviously a timelapse): https://imgur.com/gallery/3kX55yR
Old Jun 15, 2021, 3:48 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by SNAnghbr
Seems like a very short term commitment, plane will be leaving in 1-2 year, for a company that prides itself on being a long time support of the LBBTQ+ community. If it had been on a Boeing it would seem like a longer term thing .
It allows them the ability to have a new pride design after the existing plane is retired. 🤙🏻
NoLaGent and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 4:00 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Link showing interior lighting (obviously a timelapse): https://imgur.com/gallery/3kX55yR
Love it, the lighting tie-in is the icing on the cake. Well done, AS.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
New special livery: Russell Wilson on N296AK.

https://instagram.com/stories/avgeek...50761060848497

Ugly as hell in my opinion.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 9:54 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
New special livery: Russell Wilson on N296AK.

https://instagram.com/stories/avgeek...50761060848497

Ugly as hell in my opinion.
It's pretty ugly, but he gets me 40% off my flights, so I won't complain.
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 11:21 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k, UA Silver, AC P25k, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX

It looks OK - my frustration is they spend time on this - yet still have many planes that still need need to be painted....so painfully close to completing the fleet.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 11:21 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k, UA Silver, AC P25k, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX

40%??? is this a SEA specific promo?
Old Sep 10, 2021, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by isaacchambers
40%??? is this a SEA specific promo?
It's a reference to the 40% promo the Seahawks had last season. I think many of us are hopeful that it will return.
Seahawks and Mariners Discount Codes (2020) – Save Up to 40%
pcoll likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 2:28 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by isaacchambers
It looks OK - my frustration is they spend time on this - yet still have many planes that still need need to be painted....so painfully close to completing the fleet.
Unless they decided to wildly break from what they've been doing on the normal-Chester-plus-some-stuff promo liveries, this is just a wrap, not a full-on repaint.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by jinglish
Unless they decided to wildly break from what they've been doing on the normal-Chester-plus-some-stuff promo liveries, this is just a wrap, not a full-on repaint.
Let’s wrap it up…
Old Sep 10, 2021, 9:25 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
I'm sure we will be seeing plenty of promos and cheap fares in the coming months now that demand is dropping off a cliff with the loss of the summer leisure travel.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 4:50 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Russ visited ANC today 9/17/2021. Always nice to see new liveries up here.

Old Sep 20, 2021, 8:48 am

Any thoughts on keeping the Salmon thirty salmon plane with updated branding? It would be sad to no longer see that flying fish and the heads it turns in the airport.....

"ugh...is that a giant fish on the side of that plane? yes....a giant salmon.....weird"
be_rettSEA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.