Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

The AS First Class Snack Basket - Comments, Analysis and Suggestions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The AS First Class Snack Basket - Comments, Analysis and Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2021, 5:58 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan
Original Poster

A one-ounce serving of PeaTos compared to Cheetos: 30 fewer calories, 2 fewer grams of fat, 3 fewer grams of carbs, 50 fewer mg of sodium, 2 more grams of protein and almost 3 more grams of fiber.
Carfield, ACBLtd, NoLaGent and 4 others like this.
Old May 17, 2021, 12:43 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dayone
A one-ounce serving of PeaTos compared to Cheetos: 30 fewer calories, 2 fewer grams of fat, 3 fewer grams of carbs, 50 fewer mg of sodium, 2 more grams of protein and almost 3 more grams of fiber.
Peatos still calls it Junk Food, it is on the packaging. 😉 Without the "Junk" is an oxymoron. Neither is healthy, but they market Peatos such that it is perceived to be. Less "junkie" does not mean healthy. Is the Peatos in the snack basket exactly one ounce, the recommended serving size? I couldn't see the weight of the contents in the picture.

James
Old May 17, 2021, 2:06 am

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
Suggestion: Always offer variety in the way of proteins, carbs, and sweets. As they seem to have been doing.

The reason is that depending on my schedule, that the snack might have to be my meal. Other times it might just be some chips to go with the drink. Or a snack.

For example continue to offer: Beef Jerky, cheese, potato chips, cookie, or candy.

Alaska has previously offered some quality foods from some regional suppliers. In the future, I hope they can do that.
ACBLtd and nancypants like this.
Old May 17, 2021, 7:08 am

Programs: Various
I’ve seen the snacks go from thoughtfully curated, to best of 7-11 convenience store 😂 and a mix of all.

The most memorable/favorites:
+Skinny Dipped Almonds (!!!)
+Tim’s Potato Chips
+Peatos
+Bananas
+Krave Jerky
+Chex Snack Mix
+Nut and Dried Fruit Mixes
+Any Popcorn
+Pacific Beef Jerky

Least favorite:
+Kind Bar
+Granola Bar
+Swedish Fish
+Popcorners

Suggestions:
+More PNW + West (Best) Coast based items
+Savory + Nourishing type over Sweet sugar bombs
+Mini Almond Roca (even if sugar bomb)
+Sm Pack Flatbread Crackers (like fruit and cheese “platter” crackers
+Chukar Cherry (fill in the blank)
+Jack’s Apple Chips
+Toasted Corn snacks (what we used to call Corn Nuts)
+Salmon Jerky

***Point of interest: Peatos (spelled another way) means something else in Mex Spanish slang 😶
Old May 18, 2021, 12:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Happy to have peatos back.
Miss the jerky (again)- salmon jerky sounds interesting yet $$$.
Chocolate is also missing in action.
​​​​​
​​​
pcoll likes this.
Old May 18, 2021, 12:51 am

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
Peatos is so good that on one of my recent flights, the jumpseat FA in 1W was eating it before FA even handed out the snack basket lol..
Old May 18, 2021, 7:53 am

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by 985X
Peatos is so good that on one of my recent flights, the jumpseat FA in 1W was eating it before FA even handed out the snack basket lol..
This is so amusing….”where’s our snacks?” Would make me smile.
Old May 18, 2021, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Favorites: Chex Mix, Jerky, Swedish Fish, Potato Chips

Would like to see: Whole cashews, Lays Salt and Vinegar Chips, Kit Kats, Red Vines
Old May 18, 2021, 9:46 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Lays Salt and Vinegar Chips
There's only one correct chip in the salt and vinegar department, and that's Tim's Cascade Salt and Vinegar chips. Plus, it keeps the PNW centric offering in-line.
Klrduks, be_rettSEA and RAD_PDX like this.
Old May 18, 2021, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by safari ari
There's only one correct chip in the salt and vinegar department, and that's Tim's Cascade Salt and Vinegar chips. Plus, it keeps the PNW centric offering in-line.
Tim's are ok, but I also like the thinner, lighter chip that you get with Lay's.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 9:59 pm

Programs: AS MVP75K
Are snack baskets loaded on all flights? Let’s say longer than 700 miles? I flew psp-sea and no snack basket. I usually get it on this route. So I asked. The flight attendant said we don’t give out snack basket on these “short” flights. (Even though it’s loaded) The flight is almost 1000 miles. She was very nice about it. She said I can get you anything from it. I asked for peatos. And she gladly got them. She said the basket is for midcon flights only. (I assume over 1100 miles. She said it's loaded for people that don’t like any of the meals. She showed me her tablet that said basically don’t give out the snack basket unless someone asks for something from it. 🙄. She said if the attendant goes around with basket…. they really shouldn’t be.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 1:54 pm

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
a little off topic but it’s for first class cabin, what about the HOT TOWELS.

Are these gone forever??
Old Feb 10, 2022, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by scklumb
Are snack baskets loaded on all flights? Let’s say longer than 700 miles? I flew psp-sea and no snack basket. I usually get it on this route. So I asked. The flight attendant said we don’t give out snack basket on these “short” flights. (Even though it’s loaded) The flight is almost 1000 miles. She was very nice about it. She said I can get you anything from it. I asked for peatos. And she gladly got them. She said the basket is for midcon flights only. (I assume over 1100 miles. She said it's loaded for people that don’t like any of the meals. She showed me her tablet that said basically don’t give out the snack basket unless someone asks for something from it. 🙄. She said if the attendant goes around with basket…. they really shouldn’t be.
per company policy, she’s right.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
per company policy, she’s right.
So, when an FA offers the basket on flights shorter than that, s/he is hearing requests from the cabin, whether imaginary or not?
Old Feb 10, 2022, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I would appreciate a small sweet, such as a return of a chocolate or similar. Perhaps a Ghirardelli dark caramel square. Perhaps some of the Seattle Chocolate bites.
pcoll and Bellerina like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.