Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Aircraft with underseat storage ahead of Y bulkhead?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2021, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat

My recollection from pre-pandemic times is that at least some AS aircraft had just a curtain separating Y from F, allowing the Y/premium class bulkhead seat occupant to store belongings under the first class seat in front.

Is that the case for many aircraft - if so, which models don’t have this feature, and instead sport a solid wall?

Thanks....
Old May 9, 2021, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA-EXP; HH-PLT
All AS aircraft have storage under the first class seat available. The 321 does not have underseat for some of the midcabin seats,
Explore likes this.
Old May 10, 2021, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CMHEXP
All AS aircraft have storage under the first class seat available. The 321 does not have underseat for some of the midcabin seats,
That's not what was being asked though.
Old May 10, 2021, 8:04 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by Eurynom0s
That's not what was being asked though.
That's exactly what was being asked. All AS aircraft give passengers in the first row of Y the ability to store bags under the F seat in front of them. The most recent exception would have been the Airbus' before they were all reconfigured.
chrisl137 and Explore like this.
Old May 10, 2021, 8:13 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan MVP 75K
Originally Posted by Explore
My recollection from pre-pandemic times is that at least some AS aircraft had just a curtain separating Y from F, allowing the Y/premium class bulkhead seat occupant to store belongings under the first class seat in front.

Is that the case for many aircraft - if so, which models don’t have this feature, and instead sport a solid wall?

Thanks....
The last time I've seen a wall between First Class and coach was on the 737-400 which is now retired.
Old May 10, 2021, 10:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by CMHEXP
For someone who likes to sit as far forward in Y as possible - mainly to avoid view blockage from the wing and engine - but doesn’t like storing things overhead, this is a real plus. Way to go AS!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.