Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

[Speculation] MVP Qualifying Miles Promo Extension?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Speculation] MVP Qualifying Miles Promo Extension?

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2021, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by beckoa
My own 2c.
Everyone has 2c

Those who qualify without DEQM don't want an extension. And those who would benefit from DEQM want it.

AS will do what AS thinks is best for them.

Personally, I hadn't really paid any attention to AS requalification in many months (my last flight was in July). Yesterday I looked at the new elite qualification rules and it looks like I *might* make Gold if I end up flying two revenue RTs in J to Europe this year as currently anticipated and a small handful of domestic AS trips. DEQM would make it more likely and thus might shift a bit of un-booked travel to AS.
eponymous_coward and anteater like this.
Old May 12, 2021, 1:17 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL Platinum,WN A-list, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Based on my recent experience weekend flights are all 100% full (both short connection and transcon), I've hopped on AS flights frequently since late Feb this year.

I see almost no need to draw more people in for mileage run, definitely not from big hub (me in Bay area) unless they increase schedule. With all flights 100% full they are leaving money on the table, and mileage runners don't pay high fare class for sure. Upgrade chance to F 50% for long haul and 75% short haul, a few times even difficult to grab a PC seat. Currently MVPG, will be 75K by end of this week.

I would speculate that unconditional status match from other airlines have generated a lot of 2021 MVPG 75K, and they have status till at least year end. So anyone below 75K will take a huge hit. Even with 75K, you will be competing on booking class with a lot of people than it used to be.
SEA777GUY likes this.
Old May 12, 2021, 2:04 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by Noahf989
Even with 75K, you will be competing on booking class with a lot of people than it used to be.
Agreed. While I have only been booking paid F recently, I’ve been on several flights with 30+ on the FC list and even 75Ks stuck in E. I did get to chat with one 75K who was position 18 on one of those flights.

Demand is certainly back, and there are plenty of elites.
pcoll likes this.
Old May 13, 2021, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
I would expect future promotions - like the recent targeted 10% off of F fares - will be focused on increased revenues, rather than filling seats.
Old May 13, 2021, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by diver858
I would expect future promotions - like the recent targeted 10% off of F fares - will be focused on increased revenues, rather than filling seats.
Do you think maybe the EQM for credit card spend offer will come back? That, after all, does directly translate to revenue for them, since you have to spend on the card to get the EQM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.