Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Same Day Change Question

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2021, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG 100K, IHG Plat Amb, MC Gold, HH Gold, MLife Platinum, Caesars Diamond
Same Day Change Question

Hi all. Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, I tried looking but no luck.

I have never actually had to Same Day Change before and had a couple of questions. I know hard to believe right?

1) If you do a same day change at online check-in (24 hours prior) does Alaska reissue the ticket for today’s date, meaning if I booked my trip two months ago, it would now be as if I booked 24 hours before departure? And if so, does it affect the upgrade list in regards to date of booking?

2) If you are already upgraded to F on 3 of the 4 segments will it throw you back in Coach, if you confirm the SDC? The website keeps saying it will put you in Coach but I don’t know if it means all the segments or just the one I’m changing.

Thanks in advance for your help with this.

Dave
Old May 3, 2021, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
1- I suspect the ticket is reissued to the current date, and your original place on the upgrade list *for the original flight* (based on time of purchase) may or may not pull through to the new flight

2- no experience that I can recall for your scenario of SDCing a multi-segment trip, but SDCing off a flight *after* you're upgraded *WILL* put you in coach on the new flight ... if upgrade inventory (U space) is available *AND* you pop to the top of the waitlist after the reissue, it *should* clear within a few minutes

Last edited by jrl767; May 3, 2021 at 7:02 pm Reason: thought some more about what I've had happen
Old May 3, 2021, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
I don't think the above is accurate. I'm not sure AS even reissues the ticket on a SDC. It just swaps segment for segment, I don't recall ever getting a new receipt or ticket number.

Regardless, upgrade requests for other legs on different days would not be impacted since those upgrade request times don't change.
Old May 3, 2021, 8:50 pm

I have had tickets reissued when doing a co-terminal change, e.g. from SFO to OAK, but I did not notice if the issue date on the ticket changed or not.
Old May 5, 2021, 10:12 am

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
here is the SDC thread Same Day Confirmed Change (SDC)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.