Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Priority Bright Orange Bag Tags: Your Alaska Experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priority Bright Orange Bag Tags: Your Alaska Experiences

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2021, 12:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
Originally Posted by milesandmoremiles
Don't think for a second that OW cares about priority luggage delivery. Long time members including AA and BA are mediocre at best about actually following through on this benefit and thats been as such for years.
My experience is just the opposite. AA especially has stepped up their game. And pre COVID I rarely had issue with BA. It’s all a YMMV thing, but I almost always check my bag. So elite delivery is something that I watch carefully and it’s a benefit that’s important to me. 3 transcons on AS this year, I carried on in J. But I’d be ticked if I had checked and it came out last.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 9:35 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Just got in to SFO from PDX (mainline). Stopped in the lounge to get my first peek, grabbed a latte, walked down to baggage claim and saw my orange tagged bag come out as the first one on the carousel.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 9:35 am

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by Tack
My experience is just the opposite. AA especially has stepped up their game. And pre COVID I rarely had issue with BA. It’s all a YMMV thing, but I almost always check my bag. So elite delivery is something that I watch carefully and it’s a benefit that’s important to me. 3 transcons on AS this year, I carried on in J. But I’d be ticked if I had checked and it came out last.
that’s great you’ve had better luck but don’t think for a second one world actually cares about it.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 11:52 am

that’s great you’ve had better luck but don’t think for a second one world actually cares about it.
I’ll bite. You know this because you currently hold or have held a position with a OW carrier? If not, this is just a YMMV issue and your experience with priority bag delivery is poor. My experience is quite good, so at least on my flights, everyone involved has actually cared about it.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 9:02 am

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by Tack
I’ll bite. You know this because you currently hold or have held a position with a OW carrier? If not, this is just a YMMV issue and your experience with priority bag delivery is poor. My experience is quite good, so at least on my flights, everyone involved has actually cared about it.
One doesn't need to have held a position with a one world carrier to know one world as an organization doesn’t care about priority baggage delivery. All it takes is frequent flying over a number of years on different OW carriers to see it’s not a priority.

Plus, if it was such a priority for one world, they wouldn’t be giving British Airways a pass on it right now.
Klrduks and anteater like this.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 12:56 pm

One doesn't need to have held a position with a one world carrier to know one world as an organization doesn’t care about priority baggage delivery. All it takes is frequent flying over a number of years on different OW carriers to see it’s not a priority.

Plus, if it was such a priority for one world, they wouldn’t be giving British Airways a pass on it right now.
Lol, well then it must be true! Thanks for setting us straight on OW priorities. I must’ve been mistaken on all my AA/BA/QR/CX flights. Standing by for more OW updates based singularly on your OW flying. Cheers!
Old Nov 8, 2021, 11:17 am

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
Welp, on SAN-SJC today not only did the bags come out wayyy before the 20 minute guarantee, but there were 2 bags with orange tags (mine being one) that came out head of the pack with a distinct pause before the others started rolling.

It was the first time I had seen that happen, it was nice!
Old Nov 8, 2021, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
SEA-PDX-OGG last month, our bags were in the middle to back of the second batch on the belt (but still at ~18 min)

OGG-SEA they were two of the first three to show up (~12 min)
Old Nov 19, 2021, 2:15 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Are you supposed to get one of these tags as a MVP or is it only a Gold/75K benefit? I asked about it dropping off a bag in the priority line this morning at SFO but was told I wasn't priority so no tag. Bag still came out fairly early at BOS (and the flight made me Gold) so whatever, but just curious.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 8:00 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
My experience when traveling to Atlanta tells me the priority tags are pretty much ignored there. Two trips with bags since July, and they were among the last to appear on the belt. I’m on a flight to ATL as I type this, so we’ll see if it’s three strikes, yer out.

Seattle, however, has been just the opposite; always among the first ten bags out.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 1:56 pm

Programs: AS — views are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer
Originally Posted by JetAirways77W
Are you supposed to get one of these tags as a MVP or is it only a Gold/75K benefit?
The latter. MVP Gold/OW Sapphire and above.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 2:03 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Had them on a recent flight to SNA. Were among the first to come off.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
The one time I've checked a bag as an AS OW elite, the AS agent didn't put a special tag on it. Fortunately, the good folks at EK, while the bag was in transit, put an F tag on the bag. That's service!
Old Nov 20, 2021, 6:09 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
what really matters is the IATA Priority "code" in the bar code on each bag. That's what the sortation system/scanners primarily use. Its just a matter if the person loading/offloading the bags cares enough to segregate. Same with dumping at bag claim - the guy/gal/they at the bottom of the belt loader tossing in the bag cart doesn't give two sh*ts and separate priority from non-priority, then its game over.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 5:28 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Today on AS Flight 99 from PHX to PDX.........our two Orange Tagged Bags were the very last bags to come off the carousal. So much for those tags meaning anything. LOL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.