Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Not Showing on Upgrade Waitlist

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2021, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Customer Care replied to my most recent debacle with an admission of the problem, and an acceptable token of appreciation.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 5:16 pm

I checked in T-24 and didn't show on the upgrade list. Called and agent assured me I was on the list. I was suspicious so I called back. Second agent says I'm on the list but lets slip she had checked my reservation and therefore was looking at the message in the reservation not the upgrade list. I ask to speak to a supervisor who confirms there is an issue with elites not showing on the list but that I'm on it. I believe her.

When I get to the airport I'm not on the board. Agent checks and I'm not on the list. I have no idea what list the supervisor was looking at but in the end I never made it to the upgrade list.

Since I was told three times everything was Ok and it was not is the fix to insist that I be unchecked in and then recheck in and see if that fixes the problem?
scklumb, Klrduks and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 12:14 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Reviving this zombie thread to report that I am now also experiencing the same issue. Took 20 minutes on the phone with an agent to get it resolved - unchecking in and rechecking in did not fix it. I'm now #1 on the list. I'm going to write in to Customer Care - very frustrating. I also suspect I was not initially on the internal list when upgrades opened up at t-120.

ETA: Pretty certain I was not on the internal list at T-120. I was #1 on a pretty short list and was the only person to board in Group A.
Mahogany likes this.

Last edited by flyingmusicianlax; Nov 14, 2021 at 8:08 am
Old Nov 14, 2021, 8:05 am

Just wanted to add that the trip I referenced above was booked in O class. I know someone mentioned earlier that O class might have something to do with it, so I looked back in my reservations and found an O class reservation from September. Both flights were upgraded, the outbound at T-19 and the return at T-120.

anteater would one of your contacts be able to help with this situation? It's pretty frustrating when it happens and my conversations with AS have so far proven fruitless.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 8:22 am

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by flyingmusicianlax
Just wanted to add that the trip I referenced above was booked in O class. I know someone mentioned earlier that O class might have something to do with it, so I looked back in my reservations and found an O class reservation from September. Both flights were upgraded, the outbound at T-19 and the return at T-120.

anteater would one of your contacts be able to help with this situation? It's pretty frustrating when it happens and my conversations with AS have so far proven fruitless.
Sure, PM me the details. 🤙🏻
flyingmusicianlax likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 9:04 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Just finding this thread. Had a flight back on Oct 30th, FCA->SEA->LAS then on Nov 3rd the return trip. MVP

I noticed the waitlist opened up and I was never on it. This is the first time with airline status, so wasn't sure how it worked. Got to airport in SEA and asked gate agent. She confirmed I was NOT on the list, but did add my name. Looking at the fare class, O.

On the return trip, our names made the wait list, and I was auto upgraded on the SEA->FCA segment. Fare class G.

It was a bit frustrating not being on the list, probably put at end of lost, but then again there were like 30 people on list so unlikely to have been upgraded anyway. But I'll be sure to keep any eye out if I book into O class again.
anteater likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 6:32 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, IHG Spire Elite, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle, HH Silver
I had this happen on a trip RDM-SEA-PDX in October. Called res to be added to WLs, but didn't clear. That cup of coffee would have been nice!

Only thing I could tell about it was that this ticket was booked by my office, rather than me through the app.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 8:59 am

Programs: Various
11/23 Flight, booked 11/18 - Not on list

I was hoping that with higher status-75k as if September…this issue would go away. No…it’s still a thing. SLC-LAX 11/23
  • Booked 11/18 GGU available, but I opted not to use-Used App to book
  • No upgrades at check in. System shows checked in + on “waitlist”, but FC Upgrade Request list does not show my name. Called in, and rep says they have to let it auto-clear as there is no U inventory. (Only 1 seat taken on seat map and EF show 4 F)
  • T -6 to departure, no movement. EF shows 2U and 4F. All Y inventory zeroed out. I called in to see what’s going on. I ask if my PNR has a glitch, and agent calls help desk. Wait on hold 5 mins. My PNR did have a glitch and they manually resolved it. Was told that in Jan there will be a systems process change and these Occurrences will likely be fixed, once that goes into place.
  • Upgrade clears while in discussion with agent.
These issues still pop up. Be proactive when possible !
samosa likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Robt760
Was told that in Jan there will be a systems process change and these Occurrences will likely be fixed, once that goes into place.
Just remember that holding one's breath ultimately leads to brain damage.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 9:45 am

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Just remember that holding one's breath ultimately leads to brain damage.
😂.

I believe there is going to be an update pushed which also includes implementation for the 100K tier, bug fixes at the same time. I wouldn’t expect a brand new backend.
Klrduks and FlyerDigits like this.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 10:50 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
Originally Posted by anteater
😂.

I believe there is going to be an update pushed which also includes implementation for the 100K tier, bug fixes at the same time. I wouldn’t expect a brand new backend.
PLEASE!! Happened for the third time today - checked in, not on waitlist, called AS and all upgrades already processed. They admitted that lower status passengers had been upgraded. I think this has happened since achieving 100K, and both my spouse and I have had this happen multiple times in the past few months. Luckily the flights are short, but along with the new fast-track status program for Amazon Employees - AS isn’t endearing itself to normal Butt in Seat travelers such as myself.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS, HHonors
Did anyone find a solution to this other than talking to the gate agent to be added to the airport list right before boarding? (once most upgrades have already been processed....)

I'm not on the waitlist in the app, but assured by reservations that I'm on the waitlist because it shows in my reservation.

Last edited by Sea Trips; Jan 21, 2022 at 12:44 pm
Old Jan 24, 2022, 5:05 am

Welp, happening again DCA-LAX today, G fare. Yesterday J2, I was first person on list. Today, J0, still says I'm waitlisted for upgrade, but there are literally no names on the list. What's messed up is that my name was on the list after check-in and has since disappeared. Very disappointed with AS right now.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 2:51 pm

AA Platinum Pro here. Just started to check in for my SEA-LAS flight at 1:40 tomorrow and I'm not on the waitlist at all and it shows like 40 people. Going to text with support but stuff like this pushes me more and more toward Delta as I just moved to SEA from an AA hub and AS just keeps blowing it.

edit: I assumed people were exaggerating when they talked about how hilariously bad AS's ops are on this. I spoke with one support person, they said they fixed the problem. I said it didn't show up as fixed, they hung up on me. I called back, they said it was fixed and nothing changed. What a joke.

Last edited by SEAFlyer23; Mar 1, 2022 at 4:15 pm
Old Mar 2, 2022, 4:13 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
My next flight, SEA-ONT in two days, am not on list. My husband was upgraded two days ago (we're both 100k). I called AS, the agent said there was a "stop" placed on my upgrade request. She says that usually happens when someone tries to use an upgrade certificate (that did not happen in this case). She removed the Stop but despite 13 empty seats in F, still no upgrade. Still waiting on those 100k "perks"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.