Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska 737 MAX - Planes, Flights and Experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 4, 2021, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: missamo80
For a complete list of 737-MAX planes in the Alaska fleet see here: https://alaskafleetstatus.weebly.com/737-9-max.html
Print Wikipost

Alaska 737 MAX - Planes, Flights and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2021, 2:15 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by LWkitty
I can confirm, having recently flown on one of the Max9s from KOA to SEA. I found the cabin to be uncomfortably warm and stuffy for the 6 hour flight, as did the people in the row ahead of me. Requests to the FA to attempt to lower the temperature were unsuccessful.
As in the FA declined to assist or the FA couldn’t successfully alter the cabin temperature?
Old Nov 19, 2021, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Finkface
I flew the Max last week. I was in row 2 and row 1 definitely reclined. You didn’t miss anything.

This is the plane I was on, N915AK. There was wifi (supposedly) but there is a new step when trying to connect to the TMobile free wifi. You have to have your phone in airplane mode and also have wifi calling enabled. It then redirects you to an actual TMobile website to verify the phone number. I couldn’t get wifi calling to stick (the toggle kept sliding off) so I was never able to try it out. Never had to do that before.
I don't think this is anything specific to the Max, I think it's just an across-the-board change by T-Mobile because you used to be able to just put in any T-Mobile number regardless of whether or not it was yours and get the wifi access. Presumably they have to pay GoGo each time someone uses the T-Mobile option and determined that it was costing them a ton of money to have it be wide open like that.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by anteater
As in the FA declined to assist or the FA couldn’t successfully alter the cabin temperature?
ha, beat me to it
anteater likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 3:22 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
Though it's by no means limited to AS (although it seems like UA, AA, and others are scrapping gogo and using their own branded wifi products, so maybe it really is just AS)?
I do encounter GoGo periodically on AA but it does seem to be only available on their A319s, most recently, LIR-MIA.

James
Old Nov 19, 2021, 5:04 pm

Programs: AS - MVPG; DL - SM; Marriott, Hilton, SPG - Gold
Originally Posted by anteater
LOL! The latter. He said he would try, then came back and said he couldn't do anything to change the temperature.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 7:48 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

I thought one of the MAX upgrades was that FAs could control the cabin temperature.
be_rettSEA and ShutUpDonnie like this.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 8:41 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Delta PM, AA EXP, Wannabe SkyWest 1K
Any updates on the Wi-Fi situation with the MAX?
Old Dec 28, 2021, 10:47 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by PotomacApproach
Any updates on the Wi-Fi situation with the MAX?
Once my plane tail# is made available a few days before a flight I check here and it's usually pretty accurate: https://alaskafleetstatus.weebly.com/
Old Jan 10, 2022, 1:37 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Max seats

I'm not sure if his has been talked about before but I just flew Sea Hnl Sea of 2 different Max.
I was in 17 D going and 16 D returning. These seats are so uncomfortable.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 1:58 pm

AS is like most other carriers. Profits matter more than passenger comfort. DL and Jetblue still have nice economy seats for the most part. United, AA and AS not so much.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
16 and 17 are the overwing exit rows ... as discussed in a couple other threads recently (here and here), the seats in these rows have cushions that are slightly thinner so they won't obstruct access to the exits in an emergency
Old Jan 10, 2022, 2:07 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
These ThermaRest seats are your Exit Row friend.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by williwaw
These ThermaRest seats are your Exit Row friend.
Nice ordered one for when I have to fly AA "Oasis" planes. The F seats in those are horrible, Y is a nightmare.
williwaw likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Do the MAX planes still have no Alaska Beyond or wifi?
Old Jan 10, 2022, 9:08 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Do the MAX planes still have no Alaska Beyond or wifi?
Last I saw it had been STCed and one of the planes was shown with the antenna dome. Not sure when they will switch it on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.