Community
Wiki Posts
Search

British airways awards

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2021, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

British airways awards

Question. Thinking of flying April 2022 to London using alaska miles. If I have to cancel I know I get miles back but do I get fuel surcharges back? Thanks in advance
Old Apr 1, 2021, 6:16 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by jeep1
Question. Thinking of flying April 2022 to London using alaska miles. If I have to cancel I know I get miles back but do I get fuel surcharges back? Thanks in advance
Yes.
jeep1 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Maybe mentioned elsewhere but AS award flts, using BA Avios, can now be booked on ba.com HT to OMAAT.
jeep1, williwaw and Geordie405 like this.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 6:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by jeep1
Fuel surcharges are long in the past. BA paid out millions in class action judgments.

Carrier surcharges and taxes, yes.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 6:46 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Often1
Fuel surcharges are long in the past. BA paid out millions in class action judgments.

Carrier surcharges and taxes, yes.
Well, I am pretty sure we all knew what he meant. He was asking if he got his taxes and fees back. No need to be pedantic.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 2:36 am

Programs: HH Silver
I thought I would be able to book directly with Avios on BA.com a flight from SEA-PVR once this went through. Anyone know if this will be a possibility in the future? Gets old calling in every time I want to book a flight.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 9:19 am

Programs: 75K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tatterdema
I thought I would be able to book directly with Avios on BA.com a flight from SEA-PVR once this went through. Anyone know if this will be a possibility in the future? Gets old calling in every time I want to book a flight.
You can, but not all routes are in the system yet. I checked SEA - OGG yesterday and it wasn't uploaded as available on BA, but AS had space using miles on their site.
tatterdema likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 11:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by philemer
Maybe mentioned elsewhere but AS award flts, using BA Avios, can now be booked on ba.com HT to OMAAT.
According to the same article, it’s implied that AS F awards now fall under Business Class Avios pricing (which would make them consistent with AA domestic F).

Has this been confirmed yet?
Old Apr 2, 2021, 3:06 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by econ
According to the same article, it’s implied that AS F awards now fall under Business Class Avios pricing (which would make them consistent with AA domestic F).

Has this been confirmed yet?
does this mean only business class will be available for AS miles award travel on BA? If I select First Class on Award Calendar, then it will always show N/A? Hoping for F miles award on BA next year.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 3:11 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by pcoll
does this mean only business class will be available for AS miles award travel on BA? If I select First Class on Award Calendar, then it will always show N/A? Hoping for F miles award on BA next year.
No, AS=J redemption for BA, AS offers J & F redemption on BA, per the award charts.
econ likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 4:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
No, AS=J redemption for BA
Right, this is what I meant. Using BA Avios, AS F flights had been pricing out as an F award under the distance-based Avios award chart.

AS F priced as a BA Avios J award is much more reasonable.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 8:10 pm

I am still not able to find any flights bookable on BA website flying AS metal. Does anyone think this is going to be possible in the future? Are they just slow loading them (they are showing on One World website)? Am I just looking at city pairs that are going to be difficult to use Avios points on (KOA-SEA)?

It used to be fairly easy to use AA website to find flights that were available at the lowest level (listed as AA Super Saver or something like that) , then call, but now they changed their website and I am having a hard time even using AA to find the flights that meet the low level criteria, as I do not know how many AA points meet the low lever rules. Does anyone know if the flights that are listed for 22.5k on AA website and 20k on AS website qualify? Do not want to spend hours on the phone trying to find them, and I am sure BA customer service people do not want me wasting their time looking either.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by tatterdema
I am still not able to find any flights bookable on BA website flying AS metal. Does anyone think this is going to be possible in the future? Are they just slow loading them (they are showing on One World website)? Am I just looking at city pairs that are going to be difficult to use Avios points on (KOA-SEA)?

It used to be fairly easy to use AA website to find flights that were available at the lowest level (listed as AA Super Saver or something like that) , then call, but now they changed their website and I am having a hard time even using AA to find the flights that meet the low level criteria, as I do not know how many AA points meet the low lever rules. Does anyone know if the flights that are listed for 22.5k on AA website and 20k on AS website qualify? Do not want to spend hours on the phone trying to find them, and I am sure BA customer service people do not want me wasting their time looking either.
There is more info on this subject on the BA forum: Booking Alaska Airlines with Avios
You can find AS flights here and there but nothing with a connection. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.
I see SEA-KOA and SEA-OGG for later this month (13K Avios o/w) so keep looking.
tatterdema likes this.

Last edited by philemer; Apr 18, 2021 at 8:24 pm
Old Apr 18, 2021, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
There is more info on this subject on the BA forum: Booking Alaska Airlines with Avios
You can find AS flights here and there but nothing with a connection. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.
I see SEA-KOA and SEA-OGG for later this month (13K Avios o/w) so keep looking.
Thanks! I put in SEA-LAS just because there are so many cheap flights on AS, but could not even find those, so I didn't think any were loaded. I just keep plugging away at it.

Thanks again, I checked the link you posted, and using it I found one of the SEA-OGG flights, so at least I know it works and what to look for. Hopefully like you say in that thread, on 4/21 it will be fixed. I am excited to be able to book these flights online.

Last edited by tatterdema; Apr 18, 2021 at 10:21 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.