TPA-LAX-TPA gone?

Old Mar 29, 21, 4:01 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Programs: JetBlue Mosaic and Mint fan, AA EXP and CK, DL Plat, UA Gold MM
Posts: 461
TPA-LAX-TPA gone?

Did AS kill the nonstop between TPA LAX after April 3? Is there a thread on schedule changes that I couldn't find?

Thank you
cyber1k is offline  
Old Mar 29, 21, 4:17 pm
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Juneau, Alaska.
Programs: AS 75K; BA Gold
Posts: 13,631
A lot of the FL destinations are seasonal and AS started axing a number of the transcons a month or so ago.. Reports on the LAX-TPA cancellations started coming in a few weeks ago.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...hanges-10.html
simonsuo likes this.
jerry a. laska is offline  
Old Mar 29, 21, 6:42 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Tampa, FL
Programs: United Gold (Million Miler), Alaska MVP Gold
Posts: 291
Yes and SAN-FLL-SAN is gone as well.

I’m not sure if these routes were intended to be seasonal but they are now.
buzglyd is offline  
Old Mar 29, 21, 7:55 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 3,164
FLL-LAX/SAN were originally loaded year round. FLL-SFO was always seasonal (originally loaded into May, but pushed back to April end). From OAG update a month ago --

**AS FLL-LAX MAY 1.0>0.6[1.2] JUN 1.0>0[1.0] JUL 1.0>0[1.0] AUG 1.0>0[1.0] SEP 1.0>0[1.0]
**AS FLL-SAN APR 0.7>0.1[0] MAY 0.7>0[0] JUN 0.7>0[0] JUL 0.7>0[0] AUG 0.7>0[0] SEP 0.7>0[0]
AS FLL-SFO APR 0.7>0.1[0.6] MAY 0.4>0[0.5]

I believe LAX-TPA was also always seasonal. This was the first reduction a month ago (they later removed remaining May flights).
AS LAX-TPA APR 1.0>0.1[0] MAY 1.0>0.4[0]

Last edited by xliioper; Mar 29, 21 at 8:16 pm
xliioper is online now  
Old Mar 30, 21, 8:21 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: SAN
Programs: AS Mileage Plan 75k, Bonvoy Titanium
Posts: 343
Yeah, this sucks for me as a SAN-FLL regular O&D guy. I was so happy when they announced it, now it's gone.

It wouldn't be bad if there was a decent outbound option, but the only thing that works is either an overnight in Seattle, or a red eye. It's a total pain in the ....

So, I have to fly SAN-MCO then drive three hours on the turnpike, or now with new AA and OW deals maybe SAN-DFW-FLL. Same time traveling either way.
navydevildoc is offline  
Old Mar 30, 21, 8:22 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Posts: 4,808
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska View Post
AS started axing a number of the transcons a month or so ago.
AS has been axing transcons from CA for YEARS now.
sfozrhfco is offline  
Old Mar 30, 21, 9:07 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: PDX
Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Posts: 1,623
Even PDX-FLL is gone, leaving mileage runners dazed and confused. I think this is all part of the previously discussed seasonal schedule changes.
simonsuo likes this.
RAD_PDX is online now  
Old Mar 30, 21, 9:49 am
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Benicia CA
Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Posts: 31,812
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco View Post
AS has been axing transcons from CA for YEARS now.
Did Alaska even have transcons from SFO prior to the Virgin America merger? Can you list a couple of the transcons that were cancelled prior to covid coming along (say March, 2020) from either SFO/OAK/SJC? I'd be interested in learning what routes were cancelled.
tom911 is online now  
Old Mar 30, 21, 11:02 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Tampa, FL
Programs: United Gold (Million Miler), Alaska MVP Gold
Posts: 291
Originally Posted by navydevildoc View Post
Yeah, this sucks for me as a SAN-FLL regular O&D guy. I was so happy when they announced it, now it's gone.

It wouldn't be bad if there was a decent outbound option, but the only thing that works is either an overnight in Seattle, or a red eye. It's a total pain in the ....

So, I have to fly SAN-MCO then drive three hours on the turnpike, or now with new AA and OW deals maybe SAN-DFW-FLL. Same time traveling either way.
You and I are doing a lot of the same thing. I have a place in Tampa now so the 85 mile drive from my place to MCO isnít so bad. The SAN-FLL flights were always quite a bit cheaper than SAN-MCO.
navydevildoc likes this.
buzglyd is offline  
Old Mar 30, 21, 1:41 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: SAN
Programs: AS Mileage Plan 75k, Bonvoy Titanium
Posts: 343
Originally Posted by buzglyd View Post
You and I are doing a lot of the same thing. I have a place in Tampa now so the 85 mile drive from my place to MCO isnít so bad. The SAN-FLL flights were always quite a bit cheaper than SAN-MCO.
What I very much want is for the Brightline to finally go all the way through to MCO. I'll just get off the plane, grab my bag, and hop on the train down to Ft Lauderdale. Won't be bad at all once it's all up and running.
navydevildoc is offline  
Old Mar 30, 21, 4:40 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Tampa, FL
Programs: United Gold (Million Miler), Alaska MVP Gold
Posts: 291
Originally Posted by navydevildoc View Post
What I very much want is for the Brightline to finally go all the way through to MCO. I'll just get off the plane, grab my bag, and hop on the train down to Ft Lauderdale. Won't be bad at all once it's all up and running.
weíll both be retired by the time that happens.
navydevildoc likes this.
buzglyd is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: