FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   TPA-LAX-TPA gone? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/2036856-tpa-lax-tpa-gone.html)

cyber1k Mar 29, 2021 4:01 pm

TPA-LAX-TPA gone?

Did AS kill the nonstop between TPA LAX after April 3? Is there a thread on schedule changes that I couldn't find?

Thank you

jerry a. laska Mar 29, 2021 4:17 pm

A lot of the FL destinations are seasonal and AS started axing a number of the transcons a month or so ago.. Reports on the LAX-TPA cancellations started coming in a few weeks ago.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...hanges-10.html

buzglyd Mar 29, 2021 6:42 pm

Yes and SAN-FLL-SAN is gone as well.

I’m not sure if these routes were intended to be seasonal but they are now.

xliioper Mar 29, 2021 7:55 pm

FLL-LAX/SAN were originally loaded year round. FLL-SFO was always seasonal (originally loaded into May, but pushed back to April end). From OAG update a month ago --

**AS FLL-LAX MAY 1.0>0.6[1.2] JUN 1.0>0[1.0] JUL 1.0>0[1.0] AUG 1.0>0[1.0] SEP 1.0>0[1.0]
**AS FLL-SAN APR 0.7>0.1[0] MAY 0.7>0[0] JUN 0.7>0[0] JUL 0.7>0[0] AUG 0.7>0[0] SEP 0.7>0[0]
AS FLL-SFO APR 0.7>0.1[0.6] MAY 0.4>0[0.5]

I believe LAX-TPA was also always seasonal. This was the first reduction a month ago (they later removed remaining May flights).
AS LAX-TPA APR 1.0>0.1[0] MAY 1.0>0.4[0]

navydevildoc Mar 30, 2021 8:21 am

Yeah, this sucks for me as a SAN-FLL regular O&D guy. I was so happy when they announced it, now it's gone.

It wouldn't be bad if there was a decent outbound option, but the only thing that works is either an overnight in Seattle, or a red eye. It's a total pain in the ....

So, I have to fly SAN-MCO then drive three hours on the turnpike, or now with new AA and OW deals maybe SAN-DFW-FLL. Same time traveling either way.

sfozrhfco Mar 30, 2021 8:22 am

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska (Post 33136237)
AS started axing a number of the transcons a month or so ago.

AS has been axing transcons from CA for YEARS now.

RAD_PDX Mar 30, 2021 9:07 am

Even PDX-FLL is gone, leaving mileage runners dazed and confused. I think this is all part of the previously discussed seasonal schedule changes.

tom911 Mar 30, 2021 9:49 am

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco (Post 33137900)
AS has been axing transcons from CA for YEARS now.

Did Alaska even have transcons from SFO prior to the Virgin America merger? Can you list a couple of the transcons that were cancelled prior to covid coming along (say March, 2020) from either SFO/OAK/SJC? I'd be interested in learning what routes were cancelled.

buzglyd Mar 30, 2021 11:02 am

Originally Posted by navydevildoc (Post 33137897)
Yeah, this sucks for me as a SAN-FLL regular O&D guy. I was so happy when they announced it, now it's gone.

It wouldn't be bad if there was a decent outbound option, but the only thing that works is either an overnight in Seattle, or a red eye. It's a total pain in the ....

So, I have to fly SAN-MCO then drive three hours on the turnpike, or now with new AA and OW deals maybe SAN-DFW-FLL. Same time traveling either way.

You and I are doing a lot of the same thing. I have a place in Tampa now so the 85 mile drive from my place to MCO isn’t so bad. The SAN-FLL flights were always quite a bit cheaper than SAN-MCO.

navydevildoc Mar 30, 2021 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by buzglyd (Post 33138316)
You and I are doing a lot of the same thing. I have a place in Tampa now so the 85 mile drive from my place to MCO isn’t so bad. The SAN-FLL flights were always quite a bit cheaper than SAN-MCO.

What I very much want is for the Brightline to finally go all the way through to MCO. I'll just get off the plane, grab my bag, and hop on the train down to Ft Lauderdale. Won't be bad at all once it's all up and running.

buzglyd Mar 30, 2021 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by navydevildoc (Post 33138727)
What I very much want is for the Brightline to finally go all the way through to MCO. I'll just get off the plane, grab my bag, and hop on the train down to Ft Lauderdale. Won't be bad at all once it's all up and running.

we’ll both be retired by the time that happens.