Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Inflight Beverage Options

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2021, 6:18 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by PDXpress
In the way your AS wine options are red or white, your beer options are IPA or not-IPA.
I wouldn’t mind if they added Space Dust IPA (Seattle), or a strong 9% Belgian quad.
Idaho Territory likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 7:15 pm

As much as I enjoy seltzer, I miss having a non-caffeinated zero-carb option with some flavor. Y’know, Fresca comes in those little cans, too, and Delta used to have it. . .

Then again, my blood type is Sprite Zero.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 8:43 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by dayone
My understanding is the delay in adding back liquor is much more a cost issue than a FA issue.
I highly doubt that the cost of the minis is much different from the cans of wine or beer. To me it s a simplicity issue.
Eastbay1K, AS Flyer and mtofell like this.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 9:31 am

Programs: AS 75K, DL PM
Originally Posted by anteater
I wouldn’t mind if they added Space Dust IPA (Seattle), or a strong 9% Belgian quad.
Space Dust has been flowing since early January. I’m hoping that the love continues with Pelicans Beak Breaker.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 9:47 am

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by Idaho Territory
Space Dust has been flowing since early January. I’m hoping that the love continues with Pelicans Beak Breaker.
Really? What routes have had Space Dust on board?
Old Mar 10, 2021, 2:05 pm

Programs: AS 75K, DL PM
Boi<>sea, boi<>pdx
anteater likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 3:53 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, Hilton, AS, AA, JL, HA
Originally Posted by Idaho Territory
Boi<>sea, boi<>pdx
Gotta be the Horizon Q400s, not mainline service. I'm fine with the Lush IPA but would welcome some Space Dust by now.

And if it's too expensive for AS or too much/risky work for the F/As to resume the hard libations I'll be happy to start bringing my own bourbon of choice on board if they'll allow me to enjoy it in semi-maskless peace. I won't even ask them to open the bottle and pour it. Heck, I'll bring some for them too! We could all use a stiff drink about now.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 3:56 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by sltlyamusd
I wonder if we will start to see some increases in food and beverage service once all flight crew have had the opportunity to be fully vaccinated?
This is one of those tricky situation where industry requirement of vaccination as part of employment is much more difficult to enforce. I think the union is likely to recommend it but it will still likely be up to the individual. Would that negatively impact his/her employment? Will the government step in to place a requirement?

Jiburi
Old Mar 10, 2021, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by jiburi
This is one of those tricky situation where industry requirement of vaccination as part of employment is much more difficult to enforce. I think the union is likely to recommend it but it will still likely be up to the individual. Would that negatively impact his/her employment? Will the government step in to place a requirement?

Jiburi
It could certainly affect employment if various countries require vaccination proof for entry (and that would include the US, if an entry requirement). This could really affect eligibility for certain routes.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 6:00 pm

Just bring your own powdered cocktail and add water
Old Mar 10, 2021, 10:45 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
And then there is Delta: contactless payment

A news from the competition, Delta, is that passengers will have inflight contactless payment and on the screen menu payment for some goods. Initially, it’s for headset or non food or beverage but likely expanded to food and beverage in the future. I know that AS has already made pre-orders for fruit and cheese plate available but likely when premium beverage return, AS will need to have similar technology available.

Jiburi
anteater likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 5:43 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by jiburi
A news from the competition, Delta, is that passengers will have inflight contactless payment and on the screen menu payment for some goods. Initially, it’s for headset or non food or beverage but likely expanded to food and beverage in the future. I know that AS has already made pre-orders for fruit and cheese plate available but likely when premium beverage return, AS will need to have similar technology available.

Jiburi
All I am hearing is that VX was about 10 years too early to market acceptance of IFE ordering and minimal crew contact.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by navydevildoc
All I am hearing is that VX was about 10 years too early to market acceptance of IFE ordering and minimal crew contact.
Sort of like People's Express was about 25 years too early to market acceptance of paying for everything a la carte.

Meanwhile, I hope that by April, I have a more varied choice of beverages, served in glassware.
pcoll and anteater like this.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 6:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Has there been any update on when AS will add liquor minis back to the menu and normal sized cans and selection of beverages? It’s odd that serving small cans of soda and cups of ice is OK but somehow liquor minis are not OK. Has to be cost related (and no pressure from DL competition as they are the worst at the moment). On a DL flight last weekend the FA told me service is coming back in April or when the seat blocks end.
Old Mar 14, 2021, 6:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
Originally Posted by NWAlaskaFlyer
Do you know what their objection is? I love AS FA's and this one surprises me.
At the time, based on what I read off of the employee portal was they felt the slow walk down the aisles with the cart, passing items, could possibly increase their exposer if a customer was an asymptomatic carrier. I know some AS FA’s participate on this forum, maybe they can add clarity.
NWAlaskaFlyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.