Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Lounges Affiliated With Priority Pass (Only JFK as of 7/26/2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2021, 7:19 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond

Guess when traffic drops you'll go after whatever revenue you can! ANC, LAX, JFK, PDX, and SEA (North Satellite) lounges are back on Priority Pass. Limit two guests, limit three alcoholic beverages, "premium" booze may come with a charge, and waitlists apply if the lounge is busy.

Found the details here: https://loyaltylobby.com/2021/02/28/...-after-exodus/. The Priority Pass site is giving me grief so I'm having trouble directly linking to the lounge pages.

Neil
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 8:34 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by missamo80
Guess when traffic drops you'll go after whatever revenue you can! ANC, LAX, JFK, PDX, and SEA (North Satellite) lounges are back on Priority Pass. Limit two guests, limit three alcoholic beverages, "premium" booze may come with a charge, and waitlists apply if the lounge is busy.

Found the details here: https://loyaltylobby.com/2021/02/28/...-after-exodus/. The Priority Pass site is giving me grief so I'm having trouble directly linking to the lounge pages.

Neil
I don't know how they keep track in other lounges, but SEA N there's no realistic way to keep track of the 3 booze limit (I'm a lightweight so that's plenty for me but FWIW). I decided to enter with priority pass to give AS the visit charge instead of my paid F ticket and there was no difference in service
Old Mar 1, 2021, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LAX never formally went off PP access, they just kept the sign out for extended periods. I've been able to go in a few times in the past several months. PDX was removed from PP for a while, but has already been back for a few months. Neither is open very late right now, so they're not particularly useful for evening flights.
CO-PLAT likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 10:02 am

Programs: Costco Club
Lol, I'm sure there will still be overzealous lounge agents that don't let PP in. Also, I have a feeling that when load factors start to get back up and things return to some semblance of normalcy they'll just boot PP from access.
CO-PLAT and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 10:53 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
I don't know how they keep track in other lounges, but SEA N there's no realistic way to keep track of the 3 booze limit (I'm a lightweight so that's plenty for me but FWIW). I decided to enter with priority pass to give AS the visit charge instead of my paid F ticket and there was no difference in service
Agreed, I thought the three booze limit was weird and completely unenforceable.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by StevenSeagalFan
Lol, I'm sure there will still be overzealous lounge agents that don't let PP in. Also, I have a feeling that when load factors start to get back up and things return to some semblance of normalcy they'll just boot PP from access.
They will do that in a heart beat.....
Old Mar 1, 2021, 1:12 pm

Programs: AS - MVPG; DL - SM; Marriott, Hilton, SPG - Gold
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
They don't keep track, and I've never seen the 3 drink limit enforced. There have been several times where I've gotten more than 3 alcoholic drinks in a single lounge visit at both D and N lounges. That said, ymmv.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
In other lounges (not Alaska Lounges unfortunately) I have hit the 3-drink limit in a single glass I have found that as long as you tip the bartender, they won't cut you off (for this reason, at least).

This is great news for PP holders. I am looking forward to using the SEA N lounge this month. Will the JFK lounge ever reopen?

-J.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 2:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
In other lounges (not Alaska Lounges unfortunately) I have hit the 3-drink limit in a single glass I have found that as long as you tip the bartender, they won't cut you off (for this reason, at least).

This is great news for PP holders. I am looking forward to using the SEA N lounge this month. Will the JFK lounge ever reopen?

-J.
LOL just try tipping the AS bartenders

Didn't realize N rejoined PP. Wait, was N ever part of PP?

Have been using ANC for a few weeks now, and PDX last month ^
be_rettSEA and Intl359Widget like this.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by beckoa

I think N joined recently. I wasn't aware of it until last week.

-J.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 1:54 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by StevenSeagalFan
Of course they will. PP's business model began with buying up spare lounge access, and before covid AS lounges were plenty crowded by all reports. PP "had to" get into restaurants as their memberships grew past what was available.

Now that said, this is still good news even if it's just for the year!
pcoll likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 9:00 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
How much time do you have to get into the lounge once your name comes up on the waitlist? Wondering if I put my name on the list in the Uber on the way to the airport and then the timing winds up being off and I'm still 15-20 minutes away from being able to be in the lounge, how long they'll wait before just dropping me and saying I need to get back on the waitlist again.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 9:01 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by beckoa

Have been using ANC for a few weeks now, and PDX last month ^
Will they accept tips? I've always seen signs in the AS Lounges saying not to tip.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 9:12 am

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by Eurynom0s
Will they accept tips? I've always seen signs in the AS Lounges saying not to tip.
AS staff in Lounge usually decline tips. But, if accepted , they are donated to a local charity. Friend, who is concierge mentioned that to me.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Eurynom0s
That is correct. Note that other domestic US lounges are staffed at the front desk by airline employees, and the entire F&B operation is contracted to another company. AS lounges are staffed by AS employees, with (I believe) a management classification. Tipping creates a potential payroll nightmare. Where tips are a regular part of employment / total compensation, the payroll systems are designed to handle them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.