Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Status Match for Delta, Southwest and United (Thru 4/15/2021)

Old Feb 25, 21, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Costco Club

For a limited time Alaska is matching status from UA, Southwest and DL:

Come back for the status match.

Stay because it's better than ever.

We want you to experience the best Alaska Airlines has to offer. For a limited time, we'll match your status on Delta, Southwest, or United Airlines for the rest of 2021 – no qualification requirements, no gimmicks. Just register by April 15, 2021.

Plus, just for you: Get 50% more elite-qualifying miles on every Alaska flight through 2021 when you match your status** — making it easier for you to keep your new elite status in 2022.

There's never been a better time to be an Mileage Plan elite as we join the oneworld® Alliance allowing your elite benefits to seamlessly extend when you fly American Airlines and oneworld member airlines to 1,000+ global destinations.

Here's how to apply for status match:
  1. Sign up for Alaska Mileage Plan™. Note your member number. Already a member? You're one step ahead.
  2. Complete the form below and upload a screenshot or PDF of your Delta, Southwest, or United Airlines frequent flyer account. Screenshot must include specific details, noted below.
  3. We'll let you know if your elite status match request has been approved in about 2–4 weeks. Once approved, you can start flying and enjoy the benefits that come with elite status on Alaska Airlines.
Have status on a different airline? We’ve got you covered there, too.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...n/status-match

Last edited by StevenSeagalFan; Feb 25, 21 at 2:25 pm Reason: Link clarity
Old Feb 25, 21, 2:04 pm
formerly damnyourefine

Programs: SPG100, United GS, HA P70K
Did I miss it, or did AS not provide a table of tiers that match to AS status?
Old Feb 25, 21, 2:04 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I wonder if this means they plan to extend the 50% EQM bonus past June (*fingers crossed*).
Old Feb 25, 21, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Costco Club
Originally Posted by PDXPremier View Post
I wonder if this means they plan to extend the 50% EQM bonus past June (*fingers crossed*).
Hopefully!
Old Feb 25, 21, 2:39 pm

I got a status match years ago and am assuming "Come Back Status Match" means they'll match again? Chances aren't great that I get on an Alaska plane this year, but I figure might as well. I am definitely not going to fly enough to extend my Southwest status unless they do it gratis again.
Old Feb 25, 21, 2:56 pm

Programs: AS and if I can't avoid it, UA. IHG Spire Amb, CET 7*
Originally Posted by PDXPremier View Post
It's the first thought I had as well, and would somewhat mitigate the ill will from the COS bonus earning reduction on my upcoming I class trips, although I'll certainly be writing in about those.
Old Feb 25, 21, 3:07 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL Gold, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium + LT Silver, Hertz PC
Does it include matching to 75K or 100K?
Old Feb 25, 21, 3:08 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by Repooc17 View Post
100K?
That doesn't exist, so...
NoLaGent, be_rettSEA and anteater like this.
Old Feb 25, 21, 3:11 pm

Programs: AS and if I can't avoid it, UA. IHG Spire Amb, CET 7*
Originally Posted by Repooc17 View Post
Does it include matching to 75K or 100K?
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX View Post
Exactly. 2022.
Old Feb 25, 21, 3:16 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL Gold, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium + LT Silver, Hertz PC
I am closing in on 1K soon on UA. Considering the selection has grouped UA Plat, 1K and GS as one bucket, me thinks UA Plat or above and DL Plat or above will get 75K match for the rest of the year. Don't know WN's program well enough.

T&C. Bolded text is my doing:

This limited time status match offer expires on April 15, 2021 and is only offered to members who have achieved elite status for 2020 or 2021 through actual flight miles or segments in a Delta, Southwest and United Airlines loyalty program. Status granted based on credit card activity, transferred points, or any other promotional offer is not eligible for a status match. Members who receive MVP Gold 75K status as part of this status match offer are not eligible for the 50,000 bonus miles associated with qualifying for MVP Gold 75K status. Please allow up to 4 weeks for verification and approval. You will receive a welcome email once the status match is approved, or you can also check your status in your account at alaskaair.com. Offer valid only for legal residents of the United States and Canada. In order to keep your status after December 31, 2021, you'll need to qualify by fulfilling the criteria outlined here. Award travel does not count toward keeping your status. Offer subject to change without notice. All terms and conditions of the Mileage Plan program apply. A member who receives a status match through this offer may not request another status match for 2021 under any other offer.

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX View Post
Originally Posted by NoLaGent View Post
Exactly. 2022.
I was being a wise guy. Of course there wouldn't be match to 100K at this moment.
NoLaGent and RAD_PDX like this.

Last edited by Repooc17; Feb 25, 21 at 3:21 pm
Old Feb 25, 21, 4:37 pm

Programs: DL DM
I'm going to guess that rolled over status does not count either, right?
Old Feb 25, 21, 4:46 pm

Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
This is the one area where AA's EQD 12 month roll-over calculation would be a benefit. I understand the draw to get other elites to fly AS in a time where every dollar counts, and giving status is an easy way to do so. But, increasing the glut of elites vying for UGs on routes is annoying for us who have been flying AS the past year. Granted I fares are still low (even without the discounts), but this isn't always the case.
anteater likes this.
Old Feb 25, 21, 5:53 pm
formerly damnyourefine

Programs: SPG100, United GS, HA P70K
Originally Posted by safari ari View Post
This is the one area where AA's EQD 12 month roll-over calculation would be a benefit. I understand the draw to get other elites to fly AS in a time where every dollar counts, and giving status is an easy way to do so. But, increasing the glut of elites vying for UGs on routes is annoying for us who have been flying AS the past year. Granted I fares are still low (even without the discounts), but this isn't always the case.
This. I truly wish there was a differentiation between AS organic status, rollover status, and status matching. If I’ve given AS 75K BIS I would hope I am valued more by AS than a status match customer.

🥸
MileageMule likes this.
Old Feb 25, 21, 7:53 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AS MVP Gold 75k, WN A+/CP, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
So Im currently MVP gold - but WN alist preferred and companion pass holder earned properly in 2020. I actually want to shift the rest of my business to AS as WN really does float my boat in travel patterns anymore....will they bump me up to 75k this year if i show them my credentials?
Old Feb 25, 21, 7:53 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist Lite; United Club ex-Lifetime Member
Originally Posted by eneq View Post
I'm going to guess that rolled over status does not count either, right?
members who have achieved elite status for 2020 or 2021 through actual flight miles or segments
That covers people who earned 2020 by flying in 2019, so rollover of status from 2020 to 2021 should be irrelevant.
be_rettSEA likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: