50K Miles MVP Gold 75K Premium Bonus

Old Dec 4, 2022, 5:44 pm

Programs: UA G MM, AS 75K MVP, Delta Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Gold, PC Spire
Posted by Customer Service

Contacted Alaska and they reached out to customer service, points (and email from customer service) arrived the next day. I would suggest reaching out if you’re still waiting!
Old Dec 5, 2022, 2:27 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AS 100K
Originally Posted by jmmlaguna
Contacted Alaska and they reached out to customer service, points (and email from customer service) arrived the next day. I would suggest reaching out if you’re still waiting!
Thanks for your report!

I qualified for MVP75 sometime in October and already qualified for MVP100 about a week ago... no bonus had been posted to my account till this morning. Thanks to your experience, I did a little chat this morning and saw the 50k bonus a couple of hours later.

They say you need to address this question to Customer Care, who work limited hours, and they mentioned that the wait time for a phone call could be huge. Chat seems to be the best solution
Old Dec 5, 2022, 2:28 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AS 100K
Originally Posted by jmmlaguna
I Contacted Alaska and they reached out to customer service, points (and an email from customer service) arrived the next day. I would suggest reaching out if you’re still waiting!
Thanks for sharing positive experience!

I qualified for MVP75 sometime in October and already qualified for MVP100 about a week ago... no bonus had been posted to my account till this morning. Thanks to your experience, I did a little chat this morning and saw the 50k bonus a couple of hours later.

They say you need to address this question to Customer Care, who work limited hours, and they mentioned that the wait time for a phone call could be huge. Chat seems to be the best solution.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 9:46 am

I reached out to customer care 3 different times and all of them kept confusing this with the 100K choice benefits. They kept telling me to wait until next year 🤦🏻‍♂️. They also kept mentioning the California fast track bonus.

The last customer agent finally got it after I repeated slowly "7" "5" "K" the elite status that comes with lounge passes. A few minutes later, I got the bonus in my account. It was labeled as usual, "Special Services - 50K MVP Gold Premium Bonus."
Old Dec 20, 2022, 10:44 am
Moderator: United MileagePlus

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Originally Posted by KuBear
They also kept mentioning the California fast track bonus.
Originally Posted by seryoga
They say you need to address this question to Customer Care...
Similar situations popping up in another thread - see the three quotes below.

Here's what I believe to be the QRD: AS IT's is coding DEQMs as 'BoA bones EQMs'. Guessing the reason is it was easier to use an existing mechanism to inflate the customer EQM tally but do so in a way that does not inflate the 'organic' EQM counter. Moreover, also suspect the part of AS's IT which auto-posts the 50k bonus for those who cross the 75k organic_EQM threshold is running into issues around this.

Either way a follow up was required for myself and the wait time was ~1hr. I also asked if there was an email address (there is) but have it written down at home. Post when I'm back as I suspect others may find it useful.

For those who need the mileage ASAP for bookings, I suspect a phone call is the quickest - albeit with a long hold - way to get it done.

Relevant posts from this thread: What Will Be Your Status for 2023?

Originally Posted by vanillabean
...This time the 50K were simply added manually while I was on hold briefly; last year I had to explain the mechanism that you describe above.
Originally Posted by mtofell
I think we are starting to see a pattern...
Originally Posted by J.Edward
Had to call in, get to MileagePlan, manual review.

Agent appeared to be knowledgeable and confirmed the milestone bonuses (50k at 75k, 100k elite choice) had to be earned "organically". She verified my DEQM earnings (was coded in as BoA credit card EQM bonus...suspect AS IT is just funneling DEQM into the EQM amount via this path) and then concurred the 50k bonus award when crossing 75k EQM organically was due and promptly posted it to my account.
mtofell likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 11:31 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
Resurface that thread…

Achieved 75k two days ago and 50k miles still haven’t been posted…
Old Jun 6, 2023, 11:59 am

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by lonelygod;[url=tel:35308944
35308944[/url]]Resurface that thread…

Assuming you also met the AS metal requirement, a quick call to AS Customer Care should see them posted. 🤙🏻🍹
FenwayTim likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 12:04 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by lonelygod
Resurface that thread…

If you haven't already done so, check out upthread for all the inconsistencies with them posting last year. I was told at one point that the new policy was to credit them at the end of the calendar year but I think that phone agent was lost as I don't recall anyone else being told that. In any case, if you've done the miles and segments I agree a call into CS should get it cleared up.
anteater likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 5:47 pm

I forget, but it took a couple days (if not a week), for mine to post when I crossed 75k a month or so ago. The lounge passes deposited instantly, but the RDM bonus took a bit when it had always been instant prior to this year.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 10:51 am

Programs: AS Gold 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by mtofell
If you haven't already done so, check out upthread for all the inconsistencies with them posting last year. I was told at one point that the new policy was to credit them at the end of the calendar year but I think that phone agent was lost as I don't recall anyone else being told that. In any case, if you've done the miles and segments I agree a call into CS should get it cleared up.
I crossed 75k on a flight I took early last week and the bonus hasn't posted. When I called into Customer Care, I got a similar reason from the agent I spoke to. I was told it was "too early" in the year but when they calculate statuses for next year, they'll send out the bonuses to all of those eligible.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 11:19 am

Programs: Alaska 100K, National and Avis Elite member
First make sure that you meet all the qualifications for 75K by checking "overview and elite status" in your account. If you met the status requirements, then the 50K should post to your account now (mine posted right after I hit the 75K qualifications). If it didn't post, call up mileage plan to get it posted. I've noticed in the past year that many Alaska staff have very little training and they frequently give out wrong information. If you don't get the answer you expect, ask to speak to a supervisor.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 11:26 am

Programs: AS Gold 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Rickrich
First make sure that you meet all the qualifications for 75K by checking "overview and elite status" in your account. If you met the status requirements, then the 50K should post to your account now (mine posted right after I hit the 75K qualifications). If it didn't post, call up mileage plan to get it posted. I've noticed in the past year that many Alaska staff have very little training and they frequently give out wrong information. If you don't get the answer you expect, ask to speak to a supervisor.
Yes, I'm definitely there. I'm at 85k EQM and 50 segments on AS metal. That said, what got me to cross over the threshold was a BA flight. The agent sounded somewhat confident in her answer, but I'm likely going to call back in next week if it hasn't posted yet.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 2:52 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by FlyingFrancis
That said, what got me to cross over the threshold was a BA flight.
I had a horrible experience trying to get miles credited from an AA flight earlier in the year so I could definitely see that complicating things. Although, if the miles are credited and in you AS account they shouldn't be holding it up. I still think the root cause of my delay last year was the California promotion they did that gave extra EQMs for certain flights but they didn't count towards some perks. Basically, each account had to be manually reviewed. Genius move by AS
Old Jun 23, 2023, 11:28 pm

Current Time to Post: About 72 Hours

Wanted to share my recent experience: Hit 75k Tuesday of last week, received my 50k bonus miles last Friday PM, so basically current wait time is about 3 days to post.
Old Jun 24, 2023, 7:35 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jhawk737
Wanted to share my recent experience: Hit 75k Tuesday of last week, received my 50k bonus miles last Friday PM, so basically current wait time is about 3 days to post.
My qualifying segment was flown March 20th and the bonus 50K posted March 21st. Last year it posted immediately with the qualifying segment before we got to the gate.

James

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.