Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Will AS/QX Ever Return to Idaho Falls (IDA)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will AS/QX Ever Return to Idaho Falls (IDA)?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2021, 6:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), UA Silver, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by jrl767
say WHAT?! yeah it's a reasonable guess, but the real KFS is on the other side of the world from LMT
LOL I spend too much time on Amtrak. Yes, LMT not KFS :-).
Old Mar 10, 2021, 11:09 am

Programs: None
It happened. Daily Q400 on SEA-IDA starting June 17.

https://newsroom.alaskaair.com/2021-...tes#assets_all
Old Mar 10, 2021, 11:24 am

Programs: Costco Club
Yes! Horizon Returning to RDD and IDA
Old Mar 10, 2021, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Ishrion
It happened. Daily Q400 on SEA-IDA starting June 17.

https://newsroom.alaskaair.com/2021-...tes#assets_all
Great to see AS/QX serving IDA once again. But, I'm most surprised by the BOI-AUS nonstop. Is there a corporate connection there?
Old Mar 10, 2021, 11:57 am

Programs: None
Originally Posted by formeraa
Great to see AS/QX serving IDA once again. But, I'm most surprised by the BOI-AUS nonstop. Is there a corporate connection there?
That's what it seems like. The press release says "Alaska's new service between Boise and Austin will connect two capital cities with robust tech economies"
Old Mar 10, 2021, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
That's what it seems like. The press release says "Alaska's new service between Boise and Austin will connect two capital cities with robust tech economies"
Hopefully BOI is allowed as a connection city for PDX/SEA-AUS flights.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 12:39 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Hopefully BOI is allowed as a connection city for PDX/SEA-AUS flights.
Already check it out of PDX and it isn't doable due to a 15 minute illegal connection. It's doable from Seattle, however, and prices less than the nonstop SEA-AUS on the inaugural date.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
All the Californians that left the SFBA in the past 18 months to move to AUS and BOI need to stay connected to one another somehow. I would not be surprised to see a fair amount of paid F travel on that route eventually.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 5:32 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
The ONE flight out of IDA to SEA leaves at 8:10 am. Since all the car rentals either open at 7 or 8, are the 7's early enough to drop car, go through security, and make the flight? (I have no idea just how small IDA is). I really don't like dropping after (or before) hours, don't want to get into a he said/she said situation.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 12:50 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Dropping off before hours is not a big deal in a small rental station. Just snap some photos of the car, keep your gas receipt and phone to confirm the car is returned after they open.
PDXPremier likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 1:35 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
^ agreed. I've done this at MSO and GTF with zero issues.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 1:54 pm

I know "how" to do it, I just don't "like" to do it. Nothing makes me happier than when they print out my receipt, get in the car, and drive off. No, I have not had any issues, either, when I was forced to drop after hours. Once in Bordeaux, France which caused much angst with hoping I read all the signs correctly.

We'll stay in a hotel with a shuttle and just drop the car the night before. I was just commenting on the inconvenient hours of the car rentals at IDA.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
the other q is "when is this trip?"
unless in the next month or so, AS will almost certainly tweak the schedule at least once, so the point will very likely be moot
Old Sep 28, 2021, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767
the other q is "when is this trip?"
unless in the next month or so, AS will almost certainly tweak the schedule at least once, so the point will very likely be moot
Not until next year. Just hope they don't get rid of it completely, since Jackson Hole Airport will be closed much of next year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.