FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   Fares to Love Sale - 30% Off (Feb. 12-14, 2021) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/2034037-fares-love-sale-30-off-feb-12-14-2021-a.html)

dayone Feb 12, 2021 9:09 am

Fares to Love Sale - 30% Off (Feb. 12-14, 2021)

Booking for Love | Alaska Airlines

Terms and conditions:
  • Travel is valid February 25 - May 26, 2021.
  • Travel to Hawaii, Mexico, or Costa Rica is valid Sundays - Wednesdays
  • Travel from Hawaii, Mexico, or Costa Rica is valid Tuesdays - Fridays
  • Travel to/from all other cities is valid Mondays - Thursdays
  • Bonus: 10% off coach fares on days of week not listed above.
  • Bonus: 10% off First Class fares all days of week.
  • Blackout dates apply: March 19-21, 26-28, April 2-4, 9-11, 16-18, 2021

anteater Feb 12, 2021 9:31 am

It's a decent sale for those who want to book new travel or did not take advantage of the previous 40% off. I looked through my existing reservations for travel through May and I could not utilize this sale because I booked with the 40% off during December's sale. :)

dayone Feb 12, 2021 9:50 am

As travel increases into the summer and with vaccinations, I think 30% will be the new 40%.

PDXPremier Feb 12, 2021 9:55 am

Originally Posted by dayone (Post 33032753)
As travel increases into the summer and with vaccinations, I think 30% will be the new 40%.

Monday-Thursday has already taken the place of any day of the week.....hopefully they won't start making these sales even more limiting like Tuesdays/Wednesdays only. I do think it's a sign that cash flow is improving so that's good for AS.

RAD_PDX Feb 12, 2021 10:28 am

Originally Posted by PDXPremier (Post 33032767)
I do think it's a sign that cash flow is improving so that's good for AS.

That's what I'm telling myself. If true, that's good enough consolation for me not being able to take advantage of the sale.

beijingbound Feb 12, 2021 10:46 am

Pulled the trigger recently on a F booking. Didn't take advantage of the promotion. Is there any way to retroactively apply the promotion, or is this a live and learn kind of situation?

Kind of a bummer to literally book days prior to al these promotions!

Thanks!

Edit: Okay, coffee is kicking in. I see that it's 30% for coach and only 10% for F bookings. So, the savings are not anything to lose any sleep over.

RAD_PDX Feb 12, 2021 10:54 am

Originally Posted by beijingbound (Post 33032892)
Pulled the trigger recently on a F booking. Didn't take advantage of the promotion. Is there any way to retroactively apply the promotion, or is this a live and learn kind of situation?

Thanks!

You can cancel, deposit to your wallet and then rebook.

TravelingZoomer Feb 12, 2021 11:22 am

I was already about to book a cheap I fare before the earnings chart changes for late March...I’ll take the extra 10% off

BrandonAB Feb 12, 2021 11:54 am

Originally Posted by beijingbound (Post 33032892)

Thanks!

Edit: Okay, coffee is kicking in. I see that it's 30% for coach and only 10% for F bookings. So, the savings are not anything to lose any sleep over.

I saved $100 off my roundtrip F ticket to Hawaii by cancelling the ticket, redepositing into My Wallet, and rebooking with the discount code.
The $100 is in My Wallet now but I do plan on travelling again sometime within the next year

jujea Feb 12, 2021 1:39 pm

Normally would have booked RDU for the fare sale, but FLL $20 cheaper and more base air miles, which is the only thing I am interested in at this point. Finishing up 22 SEA-RDU trips on March 10... added five SEA-FLL flights thanks to all comments on this site. I don't expect to be upgraded, but open middle seat good enough. Happy flying, everyone!

TravelingZoomer Feb 12, 2021 1:47 pm

Booked SAN - SEA - PDX - SEA - MCO for $355 in I OW. Probably will just book the MCO - SAN direct for return on same day.

Have a cousin in Orlando so it’s not a pure mileage run...he’s always wondering why I’d fly across the country just to get lunch with him though LOL

Ah so happy to be vaccinated and able to fly freely again. Hope to see many of you out there soon too

Ford Fairlane Feb 12, 2021 2:38 pm

This 30% off sale yields even lowers costs on a couple itineraries that I'd booked with an earlier 30% off sale (rebooked them today), but a couple others would be much higher now. Depends on the route, I guess.

BudgetJetsetter Feb 12, 2021 6:37 pm

Did AS do the old retailer sales trick of bumping up the fares and the discount brings it back to regular prices here?

For example, after the discount out of LAX this basically matches Alaska's saver fares that United, AA and Hawaiian have to HNL. The competition is also selling regular economy seats and not basic at these prices.

Out of SEA, Delta is charging half of what AS charges to HNL for nonstop routes.

TravelingZoomer Feb 12, 2021 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by BudgetJetsetter (Post 33033794)
Did AS do the old retailer sales trick of bumping up the fares and the discount brings it back to regular prices here?

For example, after the discount out of LAX this basically matches Alaska's saver fares that United, AA and Hawaiian have to HNL. The competition is also selling regular economy seats and not basic at these prices.

Out of SEA, Delta is charging half of what AS charges to HNL for nonstop routes.

Perhaps on some routes, but the routes I were looking at yesterday were discounting off the same price

buzglyd Feb 12, 2021 7:00 pm

Rebooked 2 recently booked MCO-SAN. Saved about $90 total. Still have a pile of cash in the Wallet.