Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Schedule Changes (2021)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2021, 10:28 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Tried to call to confirm a manual schedule change, the wait time is greater than 10 hours. Wowza. They probably should have held the schedule changes until next weekend when there isn't a snow event expected in the PNW.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
The second hour of my 10h+ wait has ended.
Still waiting. My guess is that someone would call me in the 4th or 5th hour.

There would definitely be people giving up, plus with Pacific being morning at this time, I expect more agents to become available during the day which would shorten the wait.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 12:28 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Second PAE-SAN flight gone in May (at least through May 19)

My outbound PAE-SAN flight on Wed May 19 at 9:55am disappeared this morning. Looks like the 2x/day PAE-SAN nonstop is now down to 1x/day, a 6:30am PAE departure. At least on every date I sampled through May 19. The 2x PAE departures remain on dates after that from what I can tell.

No 6:30am, thank you. Not for a leisure trip.

I'll miss the 30% F offer I redeemed as an Elite in early January for the RT with my spouse. But with the 10-hour-plus hold times caused by the snowstorm this weekend, it wasn't worth trying to save the offer (which didn't seem likely, anyway, due to its T&Cs). Credit back into my Wallet for another, later trip.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
The second hour of my 10h+ wait has ended.
Still waiting. My guess is that someone would call me in the 4th or 5th hour.

There would definitely be people giving up, plus with Pacific being morning at this time, I expect more agents to become available during the day which would shorten the wait.
UPDATE: I was called back 3h15mins after my original call.
However, I was unable to pick up the phone so I recalled and now the new wait time is 5h26 to 8h10 mins. Certainly better than 10h+
Old Feb 14, 2021, 1:06 pm

Programs: DL UA WN AMTK
To my great surprise, PDX-MSP is actually going to resume on April 4th, albeit downgraded to a Horizon E175 (was previously scheduled as an A320). This route had been suspended for quite some time.
Ford Fairlane likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
You will receive a call back in more than 10 hours
Callback came within 5 hours. Agent (upon my asking how his day was going) said it was the worst of his career.

My SFO/HNL is now SFO/LAX/HNL. Original rebooking was via SAN, but via LAX I could arrive earlier, so he gladly changed it.
Return remains nonstop, but a few hours earlier, to my non-delight.

Since it remains two months out, I doubt I've seen the end of the changes. This is the second time on this reservation. Since this trip should make me MVPG for 2022, I'll probably keep it no matter (within some reason) how undesirable things get.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by KKILR3
To my great surprise, PDX-MSP is actually going to resume on April 4th, albeit downgraded to a Horizon E175 (was previously scheduled as an A320). This route had been suspended for quite some time.
Ugh....not what I was hoping to hear.....I wanted that connection via SEA during the next schedule change.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Ugh....not what I was hoping to hear.....I wanted that connection via SEA during the next schedule change.
I was starting to look forward to spending time in the lounge at SEA, too. Although not having to wake up at 4 AM is definitely an improvement (westbound).
PDXPremier likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by KKILR3
I was starting to look forward to spending time in the lounge at SEA, too. Although not having to wake up at 4 AM is definitely an improvement (westbound).
From MSP-PDX I would have taken the later PM departure to SEA rather than the morning.....speaking of MSP, is the UA Lounge open again there for AS Lounge members?
Old Feb 14, 2021, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
From MSP-PDX I would have taken the later PM departure to SEA rather than the morning.....speaking of MSP, is the UA Lounge open again there for AS Lounge members?
It was still closed as of three weeks ago, last time I flew out of there.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by xliioper
Looks like the schedule has now been pushed out to May 19th. Lots of additional capacity showing on routes starting on May 20th (for example, SEA-SFO goes from 8x daily to 11x) and beyond which will most likely see future adjustments.
coincidentally, 20 May is the start date for SEA-CVG, so perhaps that’s still in the wait-and-see column
PDXPremier and Ford Fairlane like this.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
Tried to call to confirm a manual schedule change, the wait time is greater than 10 hours. Wowza. They probably should have held the schedule changes until next weekend when there isn't a snow event expected in the PNW.
Got the call back in 4hrs
Old Feb 14, 2021, 4:21 pm

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by jrl767
coincidentally, 20 May is the start date for SEA-CVG, so perhaps that’s still in the wait-and-see column
Despite having booked on the May 20th first SEA>CVG flight, I agree. This is probably what it felt like booking tickets for the first Eagles' 'Hell Freezes Over' tour date. "Can't wait! Hope it actually happens! Will believe it when I see it!"
Old Feb 15, 2021, 10:11 am

Programs: AMEX Plat, Chase Sapphire, Alaska
My RDM-TUC round trip in early May has shifted roughly an hour but same duration.
Old Feb 15, 2021, 12:51 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
are all pdx pae flights gone? is pae even open? i see zero options for early March and since my final destination is Mt Vernon, pae is vastly superior to either bli one stop or sea.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.