Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

New Schedule Changes Effective Mid- to Late-March 2021

Old Feb 1, 21, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); still teleworking with the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.3MM; AS MVPG 75K

tried a dummy booking Sun evening for my late Mar trip, and was not at all surprised to see that AS has dropped both the late afternoon and redeye SEA-IAD flights; was also not surprised to see My Trips info was unchanged ... Boise rep on the 75K phone line brought up the PNR and said we had been switched to the morning flight; since that isn't workable, I requested the afternoon SEA-DCA which she was able to confirm right away (as well as changing the return to depart from DCA, even though our original IAD flight is still operating)

SFO<-->IAD (late afternoon eastbound and morning westbound) is also off the schedule at least thru mid- to late May

Last edited by jrl767; Feb 1, 21 at 7:38 pm Reason: added relevant info re SFO/IAD
Old Feb 1, 21, 6:33 pm

SFO-IAD currently showing restarting on May 20th.
Old Feb 1, 21, 6:47 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL Gold, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium + LT Silver, Hertz PC
Until things return to normal, any schedule beyond the normal update timeframe should be viewed as a placeholder.
Often1 and itripreport like this.
Old Feb 1, 21, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); still teleworking with the other Washington (DCA area)
Originally Posted by xliioper View Post
SFO-IAD currently showing restarting on May 20th.
I was only checking the morning return; edited my original post
Originally Posted by Repooc17 View Post
Until things return to normal, any schedule beyond the normal update timeframe should be viewed as a placeholder.
absolutely no argument ... Mar/Apr trip is for a wedding that I fully expect to be held virtually or deferred to later in the year; of three work trips in Apr and May (with the IAD-SFO-SEA returns) I expect I’ll fly no more than one

Last edited by jrl767; Feb 1, 21 at 7:49 pm
Old Feb 1, 21, 7:55 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
It's a pain that they make you call in for so many of these vs just accepting the change in the app/online.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Feb 1, 21, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

again, absolutely no argument :/
Old Feb 2, 21, 8:43 am

Programs: United Gold (Million Miler), Alaska MVP Gold
I had some good and bad in the mix. My March Hawaii flight out of SAN changed for the better time wise.

My April/May Ft. Lauderdale non stops out of SAN got dumped. I re-worked that trip. I’m not willing to fly to Seattle to get to Ft. Lauderdale no matter how many EQMs I earn.
Old Feb 2, 21, 11:36 am

SJC-EWR is gone
Old Feb 2, 21, 12:01 pm

Programs: HZ Au; Wyndham Pt; AS MVPG75K; All others: One rung below unaccompanied emotional support animals
Originally Posted by buzglyd View Post
I had some good and bad in the mix. My March Hawaii flight out of SAN changed for the better time wise.

My April/May Ft. Lauderdale non stops out of SAN got dumped. I re-worked that trip. Iím not willing to fly to Seattle to get to Ft. Lauderdale no matter how many EQMs I earn.
Only good for me this time. On routing for an OGG trip, three of my four flights were cancelled, including two entire routes for the period. My replacement routing is so much nicer. For example, instead of overnighting in the OAK airport on the way back, I'll be dozing OGG>ANC during the same hours, with an extra half day in OGG beforehand. (At least I think that's all nicer.)
Old Feb 2, 21, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

an extra evening and dinner in OGG is great, and the reroute is also *much* nicer from a mileage accumulation standpoint!
Old Feb 2, 21, 12:19 pm

Programs: HZ Au; Wyndham Pt; AS MVPG75K; All others: One rung below unaccompanied emotional support animals
Originally Posted by jrl767 View Post
an extra evening and dinner in OGG is great, and the reroute is also *much* nicer from a mileage accumulation standpoint!
I'd call those positives #2 and #3.

#1 is still "Not spending the night in the OAK terminal."
anteater and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Feb 2, 21, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

see post #6 upthread
Old Feb 2, 21, 1:02 pm

Programs: AS MVP GOLD, AA PLAT, UA SILVER, DL SILVER, IHG PLAT.
Anyone encounter any MAX sightings? If so, what routes?
Old Feb 2, 21, 1:18 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by buzglyd View Post

My April/May Ft. Lauderdale non stops out of SAN got dumped. I re-worked that trip. Iím not willing to fly to Seattle to get to Ft. Lauderdale no matter how many EQMs I earn.
My mileage run FLL-SAN-PDX is still intact for February, but I'm nervous about my upgrade chances since the flight is now a -800....have you been on that flight yet?
Old Feb 2, 21, 2:01 pm

Programs: Mileage Plan
I really shouldn't be surprised that my mainline flights are now SkyWest.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: