FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   New Schedule Changes Effective Mid- to Late-March 2021 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/2033490-new-schedule-changes-effective-mid-late-march-2021-a.html)

jrl767 Feb 1, 2021 6:02 pm

New Schedule Changes Effective Mid- to Late-March 2021

tried a dummy booking Sun evening for my late Mar trip, and was not at all surprised to see that AS has dropped both the late afternoon and redeye SEA-IAD flights; was also not surprised to see My Trips info was unchanged ... Boise rep on the 75K phone line brought up the PNR and said we had been switched to the morning flight; since that isn't workable, I requested the afternoon SEA-DCA which she was able to confirm right away (as well as changing the return to depart from DCA, even though our original IAD flight is still operating)

SFO<-->IAD (late afternoon eastbound and morning westbound) is also off the schedule at least thru mid- to late May

xliioper Feb 1, 2021 6:33 pm

SFO-IAD currently showing restarting on May 20th.

Repooc17 Feb 1, 2021 6:47 pm

Until things return to normal, any schedule beyond the normal update timeframe should be viewed as a placeholder.

jrl767 Feb 1, 2021 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by xliioper (Post 33010221)
SFO-IAD currently showing restarting on May 20th.

I was only checking the morning return; edited my original post

Originally Posted by Repooc17 (Post 33010251)
Until things return to normal, any schedule beyond the normal update timeframe should be viewed as a placeholder.

absolutely no argument ... Mar/Apr trip is for a wedding that I fully expect to be held virtually or deferred to later in the year; of three work trips in Apr and May (with the IAD-SFO-SEA returns) I expect I’ll fly no more than one

RAD_PDX Feb 1, 2021 7:55 pm

It's a pain that they make you call in for so many of these vs just accepting the change in the app/online.

jrl767 Feb 1, 2021 8:03 pm

again, absolutely no argument :/

buzglyd Feb 2, 2021 8:43 am

I had some good and bad in the mix. My March Hawaii flight out of SAN changed for the better time wise.

My April/May Ft. Lauderdale non stops out of SAN got dumped. I re-worked that trip. I’m not willing to fly to Seattle to get to Ft. Lauderdale no matter how many EQMs I earn.

ucdtim17 Feb 2, 2021 11:36 am

SJC-EWR is gone

Ford Fairlane Feb 2, 2021 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by buzglyd (Post 33011331)
I had some good and bad in the mix. My March Hawaii flight out of SAN changed for the better time wise.

My April/May Ft. Lauderdale non stops out of SAN got dumped. I re-worked that trip. I’m not willing to fly to Seattle to get to Ft. Lauderdale no matter how many EQMs I earn.

Only good for me this time. On routing for an OGG trip, three of my four flights were cancelled, including two entire routes for the period. My replacement routing is so much nicer. For example, instead of overnighting in the OAK airport on the way back, I'll be dozing OGG>ANC during the same hours, with an extra half day in OGG beforehand. (At least I think that's all nicer.)

jrl767 Feb 2, 2021 12:10 pm

an extra evening and dinner in OGG is great, and the reroute is also *much* nicer from a mileage accumulation standpoint! :D

Ford Fairlane Feb 2, 2021 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767 (Post 33011863)
an extra evening and dinner in OGG is great, and the reroute is also *much* nicer from a mileage accumulation standpoint! :D

I'd call those positives #2 and #3.

#1 is still "Not spending the night in the OAK terminal." :)

jrl767 Feb 2, 2021 1:01 pm

see post #6 upthread

itripreport Feb 2, 2021 1:02 pm

Anyone encounter any MAX sightings? If so, what routes?

PDXPremier Feb 2, 2021 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by buzglyd (Post 33011331)

My mileage run FLL-SAN-PDX is still intact for February, but I'm nervous about my upgrade chances since the flight is now a -800....have you been on that flight yet?

mfolf Feb 2, 2021 2:01 pm

I really shouldn't be surprised that my mainline flights are now SkyWest.