Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

New Schedule Changes Effective Mid- to Late-March 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Schedule Changes Effective Mid- to Late-March 2021

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2021, 2:24 pm

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
My mileage run FLL-SAN-PDX is still intact for February, but I'm nervous about my upgrade chances since the flight is now a -800....have you been on that flight yet?
I haven’t. I’ll be on it for the first time in Feb. Shame it’s going away so soon. I’ve done the LAX-TPA round trip. That route still exists for now.
Old Feb 2, 2021, 4:42 pm

Programs: AS — views are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer
Originally Posted by itripreport
Anyone encounter any MAX sightings? If so, what routes?
SEA-SAN-SEA and SEA-LAX-SEA to start March 1, 2021. Thread here:
Alaska to Take First 737 MAX Delivery - First Flights in March 2021

“We will begin our initial service with the MAX on flights between Seattle-Los Angeles, Seattle-San Diego, Portland-Las Vegas and Portland-Los Angeles. After several months of operation, we expect to begin flights with the MAX to the East Coast.”
From here: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...vel-experience
Old Feb 4, 2021, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by buzglyd
I had some good and bad in the mix. My March Hawaii flight out of SAN changed for the better time wise.

My April/May Ft. Lauderdale non stops out of SAN got dumped. I re-worked that trip. I’m not willing to fly to Seattle to get to Ft. Lauderdale no matter how many EQMs I earn.
SFO/FLL dumped too. And here I thought FL was a popular market at the moment.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 2:32 am

Programs: AS MVPG (R.I.P 75K), DL, HH Gold
Originally Posted by buzglyd
My April/May Ft. Lauderdale non stops out of SAN got dumped. I re-worked that trip. I’m not willing to fly to Seattle to get to Ft. Lauderdale no matter how many EQMs I earn.
Flying FAI-SEA-LAX-SEA-FLL-LAX-SEA-FAI over an upcoming spring weekend Originally scheduled for FLL-SEA-LAX but that fell through after a schedule change. Just another opportunity to catch up on my backlog of professional literature.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 6:17 am

I love that so many of us fly SEA-FLL and FLL-SEA. I've flown at least a dozen times on this route since last year. Maybe we can organize some sort of meet up in F.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AndyKehn
I love that so many of us fly SEA-FLL and FLL-SEA. I've flown at least a dozen times on this route since last year. Maybe we can organize some sort of meet up in F.
Are most flying this purely as a mileage run?
Old Feb 4, 2021, 10:03 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Are most flying this purely as a mileage run?
I tried to think of something to do in my ~2 hours in FLL to call it anything else, but I came up empty. So yes, just a mileage run for me.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by nall
SFO/FLL dumped too. And here I thought FL was a popular market at the moment.
I can't say it is popular from the SF Bay Area, especially not now.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 12:40 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
The AS CA transcon massacre continues. AS cuts through 2021 SFO - PHL and SJC - EWR that was supposed to resume in March.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/alaska...n-routes-2021/
anteater likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I can't say it is popular from the SF Bay Area, especially not now.
I think the "popularity" of any of the FLL routes lies in the fact that the fares are unusually low (under $100 one-way in main cabin with a discount code) and the routes earn LOTS of EQMs (especially with a connection).
Old Feb 4, 2021, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
I tried to think of something to do in my ~2 hours in FLL to call it anything else, but I came up empty. So yes, just a mileage run for me.
Well, I did this run for the first time on a 3-day (MLK) weekend so since I had the time, I spent the night in FLL, ate breakfast at Lester's diner near the airport upon arrival, took a nap in the hotel, and then took my first ever airboat tour in the Sawgrass Recreation area about 30 min. away. The rental car was almost free (National free day certificate) and the hotel was on points Next time I'm just going and coming back so that won't be nearly as exciting
RAD_PDX likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 2:50 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
The AS CA transcon massacre continues. AS cuts through 2021 SFO - PHL and SJC - EWR that was supposed to resume in March.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/alaska...n-routes-2021/
I had a few cancelled flights and I had to call in. 🥺
Old Feb 4, 2021, 3:15 pm

I think the "popularity" of any of the FLL routes lies in the fact that the fares are unusually low (under $100 one-way in main cabin with a discount code) and the routes earn LOTS of EQMs (especially with a connection).
Supposedly Florida is (or was) a good market for flights given it was one of the few major US vacation spots that was not requiring a quarantine.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 8:02 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I just tried to book PDX-SEA-STL for this coming weekend but can't do it in a single day because the 6 am PDX-SEA shuttle (needed to make the connection in SEA) is sold out until Monday the 22nd. I know it's last minute, but this is very annoying. Hopefully, it will change back to a 737 from the Q400 and/or the 5 am shuttle will return, soon.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
this is all about what’s important to you

if you really need that schedule, SEA-STL leaves at 0755 ... depending on your location in the PDX area, you could leave ~0400 and drive up

otoh, if you’re chasing the extra 500 miles for the connecting segment, AS is selling PDX-SEA-STL with an overnight layover; you could also leave ~0330 and drive to EUG to catch the 0600

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.