A320 Row 6

Old Jan 22, 21, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, UA
A320 Row 6

Is Row 6 (premium) on the A320 as annoying as Seatguru makes it out to be? I prefer to be in the bulkhead, and would pick it on the 737s, but I can't tell if Row 6 on the A320 is a bit obtrusive into the aisle, has issues with the curtain etc. Flight in question is LAX-SEA-LAX

Thanks!
Old Jan 22, 21, 4:39 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by nw6338 View Post
Is Row 6 (premium) on the A320 as annoying as Seatguru makes it out to be? I prefer to be in the bulkhead, and would pick it on the 737s, but I can't tell if Row 6 on the A320 is a bit obtrusive into the aisle, has issues with the curtain etc. Flight in question is LAX-SEA-LAX

Thanks!
It's just fine. I prefer 2A, but I've survived many flights in 6A and it's my preferred non-F seat. Also, there is no curtain, just a small plastic divider.
anteater likes this.
Old Jan 22, 21, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX View Post
It's just fine. I prefer 2A, but I've survived many flights in 6A and it's my preferred non-F seat. Also, there is no curtain, just a small plastic divider.

Preferable to row 7, in your opinion? Does it feel like last row of F can recline into you? And can you store things under the F seat in front? Thanks again!
Old Jan 22, 21, 4:52 pm

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold

Thanks!
One of the features I REALLY like on the A320/A321 aircraft is the tablet holders that I can use to watch movies straight ahead rather than looking down the entire time....you don't get that feature in row 6. Row 6 use to be one of my favorite rows if I didn't get upgraded and couldn't sit in the exit row, but I kinda prefer row 7 now. The last time I sat in row 6 on the -800 it was unusually claustrophobic with that annoying curtain that seemed like it was inches from my face.
Old Jan 22, 21, 4:53 pm

Preferable to row 7, in your opinion? Does it feel like last row of F can recline into you? And can you store things under the F seat in front? Thanks again!
I haven't found the recline to be an issue and I like the extra legroom of row 6. I can't swear to it, but I think row 6 has more pitch than any row of F. You can store items under the F seats as well. The only potential advantage I could see to row 7 would be the tablet holders that are integrated into the fold down tray tables (the tray tables come of the seats in row 6). It sounds like you are flying a round trip and since neither is a bad place to sit, I'd try row 6 on one leg and row 7 on the other so you can experience them both and know your preference for the future.
Old Jan 22, 21, 5:17 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
I haven't found the recline to be an issue and I like the extra legroom of row 6. I can't swear to it, but I think row 6 has more pitch than any row of F. You can store items under the F seats as well. The only potential advantage I could see to row 7 would be the tablet holders that are integrated into the fold down tray tables (the tray tables come of the seats in row 6). It sounds like you are flying a round trip and since neither is a bad place to sit, I'd try row 6 on one leg and row 7 on the other so you can experience them both and know your preference for the future.
I don't particularly enjoy the curtain on the 738s either. Keep in mind that the seats in 6 are slightly narrower to accomodate the tray table in the armrest and the arms are fixed between 6AB(EF) & 6BC(DE). Additionally there are only two power-points in the last row of F for each triplet of seats in row 6.

With Premium middles blocked, I prefer the rows behind 6 especially if I am traveling with my partner. You can flip up the arms (even on the isle ) and spread out a little more.

James
jimmygottfredson likes this.
Old Jan 22, 21, 5:47 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
As mentioned above, it's a plastic divider on the A320 and if you're tall, 6 has more legroom than 7. I prefer it.
Old Jan 22, 21, 6:38 pm

I've been on flights where the FAs stored their bags in the space under the last row in F -- meaning that the leg room for Row 6 was reduced!
Old Jan 22, 21, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by AndyPatterson View Post
I've been on flights where the FAs stored their bags in the space under the last row in F -- meaning that the leg room for Row 6 was reduced!
Geez... I don't think that's supposed to be a thing (please correct me if I'm wrong).
AS Flyer likes this.
Old Jan 22, 21, 6:44 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Geez... I don't think that's supposed to be a thing (please correct me if I'm wrong).
Definitely NOT a thing. I've never had this happen to me, and I've been on the airbii for many years now. You're much more likely to encounter FA bags in the F overheads.
RAD_PDX likes this.
Old Jan 22, 21, 7:03 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun View Post
Keep in mind that the seats in 6 are slightly narrower to accomodate the tray table in the armrest
This bears repeating.... I'm reasonlbly slim (38" waist) and the non-FC seats with the tray in the armrest are an abosulte killer. I feel like I'm in a clamp the entire flight. I'd rather sit in a non-reclining seat in front of the restroom than one of these. Of course, we're all different but just beware if your medium/large or greater.
MileageMule likes this.
Old Jan 22, 21, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the input, everyone. I think we will do bulkhead and regular premium both on different flights. We're actually connecting LAX-SEA-ANC , and couldn't find a first reward the whole way, sadly, so premium it is!
Old Jan 23, 21, 10:06 am

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
It would serve as my footrest.
Old Jan 24, 21, 3:07 pm

My partner and I don't like row 6 because of the non-retractable armrest.

This was already this way before COVID, when we would select Window+Middle or Middle+Aisle.

Now that the middle seat is blocked (Middle seats in the Premium cabin are oddly the only ones that are still being blocked on Alaska), even more so: having that middle seat empty in row 7 is a lot more comfortable for us (because of the retractable armrests) than having an empty middle seat between us on row 6.
Old Jan 29, 21, 10:59 am

For future reference, here is a good photo (courtesy of AS social media) showing off 6A-C on an updated Airbus. It does a decent job illustrating pitch as well as showing the "curtain".

Search this Thread