FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: chrisl137
Here are links to waitlists for the Alaska Lounges:

Seattle D Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sead1

Seattle N Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sean13

Seattle C Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/seac1

Portland Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungepdx

LAX Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungelax
Directions to the stairway to the lounge in post 1988.

Anchorage Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungeanc

New York Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungejfk

Print Wikipost

Alaska Lounges (2021-2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2022, 6:47 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Xrayman
Sorry if this has been asked and answered upstream.

is it OK to just get Admiral Club membership as I fly into and out of ORD not uncommonly and therefore be able to use admiral club in ORD and AS boardroom in SEA?

admiral club membership is currently $600. Not sure how much AS boardroom with Admiral club accesss upgrade is currently costing.

thanks
Alaska Lounge+ membership is $500 and gives you both AS and AA lounge access as long as you are flying one of those two carriers. Doesn't seem to make sense to buy a $600 membership direct from AA, even if you are ORD based.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 7:01 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

The Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard, which include an Admirals Club membership, is $450.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 7:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by dayone
The Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard, which include an Admirals Club membership, is $450.
Yep. At this point, not really sure why anyone would purchase an AS membership directly...

Regards
Old Jan 10, 2022, 7:41 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by scubadu
Yep. At this point, not really sure why anyone would purchase an AS membership directly...

Regards
It’s still the best deal to buy from AS when I use my AmEx travel credit.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 9:43 am

Programs: Alaska, AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
This. The Platinum card with $200 fee reimbursement (which counts for lounge membership) PLUS access to Amex lounges, SkyClubs when flying Delta and Priority Pass is the cheapest, most comprehensive approach at this time. Between the $200 airline credit, $400 Dell credit and $179 clear credit I cover my annual fee with credits for things I'd buy anyway, so it's a net-positive expense.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 9:44 am

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott

Regards
I believe the Mastercard only gives the primary card holder Alaska Lounge access, so if someone were to frequently travel with companions, then it may be more valuable for them to go the AS route. Authorized users only get Admirals Club access, not access to partner lounges.

Also, AS Lounge Membership allows you to fly on any airline and still get access, so for someone who doesn't have any other lounge access flying something like DL at SEA or DL/UA at SFO, the AS Lounge Membership could also provide you value.
Seattle123 likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 10:18 am

As long as you remember that, in this case, it's merely AmEx giving you back your own money...

I too have held the Amex card for a very long time, but the value prop is beginning to drop rather rapidly, given the substantial increase in annual fees, jam packed Cent Lounges, and the "coupon book" direction it has taken.

Regards
Old Jan 10, 2022, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by HeyItsMK
I believe the Mastercard only gives the primary card holder Alaska Lounge access, so if someone were to frequently travel with companions, then it may be more valuable for them to go the AS route. Authorized users only get Admirals Club access, not access to partner lounges.

Also, AS Lounge Membership allows you to fly on any airline and still get access, so for someone who doesn't have any other lounge access flying something like DL at SEA or DL/UA at SFO, the AS Lounge Membership could also provide you value.
These are all fair points, which are simply not my use case, so I failed to consider them. Completely understand how some of these cases would tilt towards the AS membership directly. And you are correct about the AAdmiral's club card only granting the primary cardholder access to AS lounges. I'm aware of that; my wife and I generally always travel together so that is not a problem for us, but completely agree others may have different needs and use cases.

Regards
Old Jan 10, 2022, 10:28 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
As long as you remember that, in this case, it's merely AmEx giving you back your own money...

I too have held the Amex card for a very long time, but the value prop is beginning to drop rather rapidly, given the substantial increase in annual fees, jam packed Cent Lounges, and the "coupon book" direction it has taken.

Regards
I don’t think you’re alone in that thinking. The limitation of PP benefits and the new annual fee are making it harder and harder to justify. This might be my last year as a card holder, and what I decide to do with my AS lounge membership will also help me make that call.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 7:09 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
PDX had Mushroom Brie soup and some salad items. SEA N had fire roasted vegetable and chicken and wild rice, along with some chips and salsa and salads. SEA D has chicken and wild rice as well as tomato bisque. ANC had Steak and Potato and Tomato bisque. Have they gotten rid of the packaged sandwiches and wraps at this point? I was there mid afternoon, maybe it's only for dinner?
samosa likes this.

Last edited by nevansm; Jan 14, 2022 at 9:08 am
Old Jan 11, 2022, 7:57 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K

Regards
As far as I know, that only gets you in AA lounges, and NOT partner lounges.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 8:55 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
Each membership offers partner lounge access exclusive of the other.

Citi Exec gets you AA partner lounges only when flying AA.

AS Lounge membership gets you AS partner lounges only when flying AS.

Last edited by NYC Flyer; Jan 11, 2022 at 8:55 pm Reason: gr
Old Jan 12, 2022, 12:42 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
AS Lounge membership gets you AS partner lounges only when flying AS.
If the partner lounge is one of the few United Clubs, then one can access on departure by flying AS or UA.
NYC Flyer and navydevildoc like this.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
Look, everyone has to do their own math, based on their use cases, but for many, a $450 annual fee card, that allows authorized users, at no additional fee, the privilege of also getting into AA lounges (and even bringing guests in) even when traveling on their own (though admittedly not AS lounges), can make a lot of sense relative to paying a straight up, more expensive membership fee for club membership.

Bottom line, do the math, but don't just keep renewing a club membership every year, out of inertia, without understanding what all the options are. It amazes me that there are people in this forum that still don't even know about the AA card and that it would work perfectly for them, at a much lower cost than direct membership.

No need to attempt to convince me, I know which works better for our usage scenarios.

Regards
Old Jan 12, 2022, 8:13 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
My $200 credit was spent on a night at an FHR hotel. Happy to have status with Alaska.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.