FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: chrisl137
Here are links to waitlists for the Alaska Lounges:

Seattle D Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sead1

Seattle N Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sean13

Seattle C Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/seac1

Portland Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungepdx

LAX Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungelax
Directions to the stairway to the lounge in post 1988.

Anchorage Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungeanc

New York Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungejfk

Print Wikipost

Alaska Lounges (2021-2022)

Old Sep 5, 2021, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Loved the new rice bowls in the N lounge the other day....a few suggestions:

1. Have tortilla chips available (in case you just want the salsa and guac).
2. Have actual bowls or better yet mini tostada bowls--especially since it's being called a "bowl".
3. Replace the brown rice with Spanish rice
4. Get rid of that weird lettuce mix and replace it with shredded iceburg lettuce.
Stopped at the C lounge in SEA and it looks like we now have tortilla chips and Spanish rice so we can cross #1 and #3 off the list
NoLaGent and mpeterson78 like this.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 3:32 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Moderator Note

Two off-topic posts (ticket counter) have been deleted.

dayone, AS Moderator
RAD_PDX likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 12:29 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Took advantage of the $50 off promo at LAX lounge today and was surprised when the answer was "yes" when I asked if I could split the membership payment across two cards. Between the $50 promo, my Gold status, and Amex airlines credits across my Gold and Platinum cards, net cost for the year will be about $45 for me.. Pretty pleased! But just flagging that splitting payments is possible! It looks like they just need to select 50% of the charge on the card reader before putting the card in.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 12:38 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
My lounge membership expires on 10/31/21 and I received an email yesterday offering me the chance to renew for $300. I will gladly take the offer and am happy I didn't have to pay the new price which starts 10/1/21 (Although to be honest, I would not have even renewed if that was what I had been offered).
Ford Fairlane likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 6:13 pm

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
My lounge membership expires on 10/31/21 and I received an email yesterday offering me the chance to renew for $300. I will gladly take the offer and am happy I didn't have to pay the new price which starts 10/1/21 (Although to be honest, I would not have even renewed if that was what I had been offered).
I thought mine expired at the end of October but discovered recently that it's at the end of November. I was hoping for an email like that by now but suspect yours might be the last month with the opportunity to grandparent in to current pricing. I'll pass through a couple AS lounges before the end of this month, so I'll see what luck I have trying to get pricing like this at the check-in desks.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheStrangerIn29K
I thought mine expired at the end of October but discovered recently that it's at the end of November. I was hoping for an email like that by now but suspect yours might be the last month with the opportunity to grandparent in to current pricing. I'll pass through a couple AS lounges before the end of this month, so I'll see what luck I have trying to get pricing like this at the check-in desks.
The email they sent out back in the Spring about the new pricing changes has a renewal link in. Until Oct. 1st, the $300 renewal price is the normal price for 75K. My membership doesn't expire until January, 2022 and I renewed using the link (after I searched my emails) and got the $300 renewal as a 75K until January, 2023.
RAD_PDX and Ford Fairlane like this.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 6:43 pm

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
The email they sent out back in the Spring about the new pricing changes has a renewal link in. Until Oct. 1st, the $300 renewal price is the normal price for 75K. My membership doesn't expire until January, 2022 and I renewed using the link (after I searched my emails) and got the $300 renewal as a 75K until January, 2023.
YES! A hundred chocolate chip cookies to you (at your preferred temperature and consistency) for that tip...and one to me for not having deleted that email. Now re-upped through 11/30/2022 for $300.
pcoll likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheStrangerIn29K
YES! A hundred chocolate chip cookies to you (at your preferred temperature and consistency) for that tip...and one to me for not having deleted that email. Now re-upped through 11/30/2022 for $300.
Lol....glad I could help...it's been so long since I've seen a chocolate chip cookie on any AS flight....I think the last one was back in May on PDX-ANC....are we at 100% pecan cookies now?
anteater likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 10:22 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Couple of questions and notes:

Stupid question because I know Alaska is a little different than the others: If flying on a first class ticket, do I need to be concerned with lounges filling up and being at capacity? If flying on a first class ticket and a friend happens to be in the terminal at the same time, can I get them in with me without a day pass and if not, is the day pass discounted?

Note: I flew domestic to SFO and back yesterday. I have a first class flight today. I stopped by after checking in for TODAYS flight and I was granted access - woot. So if anyone has questions about the SFO lounge feel free to tag me though I saw someone post some lovely pictures already so I don’t think mine even need sharing lol. Will be checking out the LAX and SEA lounges today.

Oh yea… SEA doesn’t have a shower in any lounge do they?

And if I’m at FLL I’m not granted access into American or other partner lounges due solely to the first class ticket, right?

All has been excellent with Alaska so far
Old Sep 11, 2021, 10:55 am

Lounges don't fill up anymore now that the PP freeloaders are not allowed access.

No shower in any Alaska lounge.

You can't bring anyone in using paid F access, only possible with AA/AS lounge membership.

You don't have access to AA lounge on Alaska paid F, again only possible with AA/AS lounge membership.
Carolina2Cali and minhaoxue like this.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali

And if I’m at FLL I’m not granted access into American or other partner lounges due solely to the first class ticket, right?
FLL doesn’t have any lounges, AS or AA anyways.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 2:13 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by safari ari
FLL doesn’t have any lounges, AS or AA anyways.
Though it would be nice if AS would contract with UA to use the United Club there (for lounge members) like they do at a few other places.
navydevildoc likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Though it would be nice if AS would contract with UA to use the United Club there (for lounge members) like they do at a few other places.
It would also be nice if UA would actually open the UCs at those other places.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 5:16 am

If AA had a lounge there it may cost less money to contract with a OW partner lounge. And besides who had the better food and beverage? Perhaps AS could take over UA lounges and teach them a thing or two about soups and Alaska Amber Ale😁
Old Sep 12, 2021, 4:07 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I really think AS should really get the UC at FLL included in the AL membership, there are not many United flights there and even fewer AS flights. So plenty of space I assume. And yeah, all UC partnered with AL are closed currently per AS webpage. Even AC opened up pretty much all locations.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.